07-18-07, 08:57 AM   #1
Zarther
A Fallenroot Satyr
Disappering Spells Bongos

For my two mains, a mage and pally, I disabled the snap feature to be able to customize the buttons the way I like. Every thing looks good. However when I make a tweak to an action bar like resizing or adding space for another button, spells I've assigned to other action bars will disappear and in some cases be replaced by some other random spell. The action bar itself is fine and doesn't change in any way just the spells I've assigned to it go MIA. Any ideas as to what may be causing this? Are there some action bars that are assigned certain spell or type of spells? If so is there a way to turn this off? For these two characters, should I just clear all action bars of any presets and just start reassigning again? Are these presets coded in by Mazzle?

I have alts that I've Mazzified as well and I have not tweaked those buttons and they seem to be OK. Of course I have not spent a lot of time with them.

Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.
07-18-07, 10:09 AM   #2
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Zarther
For my two mains, a mage and pally, I disabled the snap feature to be able to customize the buttons the way I like. Every thing looks good. However when I make a tweak to an action bar like resizing or adding space for another button, spells I've assigned to other action bars will disappear and in some cases be replaced by some other random spell. The action bar itself is fine and doesn't change in any way just the spells I've assigned to it go MIA. Any ideas as to what may be causing this? Are there some action bars that are assigned certain spell or type of spells? If so is there a way to turn this off? For these two characters, should I just clear all action bars of any presets and just start reassigning again? Are these presets coded in by Mazzle?

I have alts that I've Mazzified as well and I have not tweaked those buttons and they seem to be OK. Of course I have not spent a lot of time with them.

Any help would be great. Thank you in advance.
Think of the Bongo bars as one LONG bar of 120 buttons.

Now, think of the separating them into little bars as taking 1-5 buttons for bar 1, 1-10 buttons for bar 2.

At this stage, you'll have 2 visible bars (1 with 5 buttons, another with 10). A third hidden bar will be the rest of the buttons.

If you ADD another bar, all will be ok as you'll be taking from the 3rd hidden bar.

BUT, if you change the size of Bar 1 to say 10 buttons. HALF of Bar 2 will be in Bar 1.

Let me give you another example. I preset my Bongo bars in 1 computer using the Basic Layout option to get started. I changed the various bar sizes and add my buttons and stuff. Once I'm done, I SAVED it as a profile (AFAIK profile saving only saves the button layouts NOT THE SPELLS in them).

Now, I go to another computer. I did the same process, Mazzifying the character with the Basic Layout. VARIOUS spells will appear on the second computer.

NOW, if I load the profile I just saved (and yes, you'll have to COPY the Bongos.lua I think t o transfer the profiles), all the buttons will be back the way I originally set it.

Hopefully, I didn't confuse you along the way.
07-18-07, 11:07 AM   #3
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Ringleron
Think of the Bongo bars as one LONG bar of 120 buttons.

Now, think of the separating them into little bars as taking 1-5 buttons for bar 1, 1-10 buttons for bar 2.

At this stage, you'll have 2 visible bars (1 with 5 buttons, another with 10). A third hidden bar will be the rest of the buttons.

If you ADD another bar, all will be ok as you'll be taking from the 3rd hidden bar.

BUT, if you change the size of Bar 1 to say 10 buttons. HALF of Bar 2 will be in Bar 1.
None of that is true in my version of Bongos. MazzleUI will move the action IDs of spells to maintain the contents of buttons to maintain what is in each bar. If it isn't, then you're having a problem.
07-18-07, 11:28 AM   #4
Ringleron
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

None of that is true in my version of Bongos. MazzleUI will move the action IDs of spells to maintain the contents of buttons to maintain what is in each bar. If it isn't, then you're having a problem.
I stand corrected.
07-18-07, 11:32 AM   #5
Zarther
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Mazzlefizz

Mazzlefizz,
Then may I assume that you have "coded" bongos to only have certain spells in certain action bars. So if I place a spell that's not suppose to be there, the next time I make a change YOUR VERSION OF BONGOS will move, remove, replace spells where its been told to put them? If so, is there a way to turn this feature off aside from disabling the snap feature? Or should I re-Mazzify with the empty button layout? Thanks for any help you can provide.
07-18-07, 12:00 PM   #6
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Mazzlefizz,
Then may I assume that you have "coded" bongos to only have certain spells in certain action bars. So if I place a spell that's not suppose to be there, the next time I make a change YOUR VERSION OF BONGOS will move, remove, replace spells where its been told to put them? If so, is there a way to turn this feature off aside from disabling the snap feature? Or should I re-Mazzify with the empty button layout? Thanks for any help you can provide.
No, that is not true either. It will simply shift the contents of bars around if you change bar properties to make adding pages, buttons, etc. more intuitive. For example, if you have

Bar 1 : Spells A, B, C, D
Bar 2: Spells E, F, G, H

and then added 4 buttons to bar 1, you probably just want to add 4 new empty buttons. Most bar mods, though, would probably result in something like this after changing bar 1's length to 8:

Bar 1: Spells, A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H
Bar 2: Empty

In the MazzleUI version of Bongos, you'd get

Bar 1: Spells A, B, C, D, empty, empty, empty, empty
Bar 2: Spells E, F, G, H

It does this by moving the contents of action ID's around. It doesn't matter what's in them.
07-19-07, 07:16 AM   #7
Zarther
A Fallenroot Satyr
Mazzlefiz,

Thank you for your reply.

I guess I'm still a little confused. So if I turn off all the bars that have pages assigned to them this should stop this behaviour? I haven't play too much with paging in Bongos. I can pretty much do most other things in it. If removing the assigned pages from the action bar is not the answer, how would I stop these spells from disappearing?

For the new person trying to figure all this out, me, can you explain what you mean by "action ID's"? Is this just a fancy way to say that a button as been assigned a spell or function?

So in the MazzleUI version how would I stop it from shift buttons around and let me put them and keep them where I want? Thanks again for any help you can provide.
07-19-07, 08:59 AM   #8
Mazzlefizz
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Mazzlefiz,

Thank you for your reply.

I guess I'm still a little confused. So if I turn off all the bars that have pages assigned to them this should stop this behaviour? I haven't play too much with paging in Bongos. I can pretty much do most other things in it. If removing the assigned pages from the action bar is not the answer, how would I stop these spells from disappearing?
I don't know why you have actions disappearing. There is nothing I described that should cause anything like that to happen. Unless you give me an error or can describe a concrete example that I and others could recreate, I really can't help you with your issue.

For the new person trying to figure all this out, me, can you explain what you mean by "action ID's"? Is this just a fancy way to say that a button as been assigned a spell or function?
Action IDs are a way to describe how Blizzard stores your button contents. There are 120 action ID slots. Each one can contain a skill, macro or item. What is importatnt to remember is that these action IDs are stored on Blizzard's server. Buttons, on the other hand, don't contain spells, macros or items and are stored in the local saved variables of your button add-on. Each button just points to an action ID. If you change which action ID they point to, the contents of the button will seem to change as well.

As an example, if you look at Blizzard paging mechanism, you'll see that all it does is add 12 to the action ID of each button when you page up. So, button 1 which used to point to action ID 1 now points to action ID 13. 2 to 14 and so on. So, it seems like the contents of bar 2 are now in bar 1. My bongos works quite differently. It only shifts the action IDs of a bar by the length of that bar, and it ensures that different bars can't ever use IDs that other bars use, i.e. every button on every page of every bar is independent of buttons on other bars.

So in the MazzleUI version how would I stop it from shift buttons around and let me put them and keep them where I want?
Other than mazzifying, there should be nothing that is shifting buttons around in a destructive way. When you add or subtract buttons or pages to bars, it should maintain the relative position of every skill in every bar.
07-24-07, 09:44 PM   #9
Zarther
A Fallenroot Satyr
Mazzlefizz,

Thank you for taking the time to explain the Action ID's. It seems a little clearer now.

I'll take a look at bug sack for errors when my spells assigned to butttons vanish when I resize or change an action bar in Bongos. I'll let you know if I find any error messages. Thank you
07-25-07, 05:11 AM   #10
Nodders
A Murloc Raider
I've been having problems like that , I found out what was happening was a couple of my new buttons were snapping under the originals for some reason , when I moved the bars around I found them sneakily hiding under other buttons like a gnome in the undergrowth . Every now and then 1 or 2 buttons have done this , no idea why though . for me now its the keyring , it keeps moving to the bottom of the screen , no biggie to keep moving it back , but better not having too
07-25-07, 06:22 AM   #11
malcite
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
can always swap to bartender. bit harder to set up i think, but does the job just as well

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Disappering Spells Bongos