06-23-10, 09:48 PM   #1
Drey
A Murloc Raider
Cannot rezize chat pane in 5.06.25

Hello Scott and team.

Been having this problem through the last few revisions. It's minor and not all that troublesome but I figured I would give it a thread.

As the thread title says, I cannot rezie the chat window. In the attached image the window is unlocked but I cannot hit the arrow in the bottom right corner (circled in red) in order to resize the chat window.

I was able to do this in the past but I cannot do it now. Unfortunately this seems to be specific to nUI as I can resize the chat window with nUI disabled and other addons enabled but cannot do it with nUI enabled, either by itself, without any plugins or with all other addons enabled. I've even deleted my nUI and done a complete reinstall to no avail.

If I had to guess it looks like the box which holds the scroll, social and chat slash command buttons is covering the bottom right corner of the chat window thereby preventing the mouse from making "contact".

Thanks.

06-23-10, 09:50 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Can you right click the "General" tab and in the pop up menu you should see Unlock near the top. Click that and then try to resize, does it work that way?

06-23-10, 09:55 PM   #3
Blanckaert
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
you can get to the 'arrow' to resize, just gotta get into that corner in a slow fashion that doesnt 'aggro' the scroll buttons... it would help if the 'scroll' buttons could be moved 'upward' a bit.....

06-23-10, 09:57 PM   #4
Drey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Blanckaert View Post
you can get to the 'arrow' to resize, just gotta get into that corner in a slow fashion that doesnt 'aggro' the scroll buttons... it would help if the 'scroll' buttons could be moved 'upward' a bit.....
Believe me I've tried. Even set my mouse to the higest resolution and tried sneaking up on the arrow quite a few times. It's actually become a game not unlike "Operation" around my desk with each person insisting they can do it.

It's quite funny.

06-23-10, 10:59 PM   #5
Niekon
Premium Member

I was able to resize my General chat tab but for any other chat tabs that I have added are not aligned with the General tab and I cannot do anything with them when it is within the designed chat box area. If I unlock the chat window and move it to the middle of my screen it all becomes normal again.

06-23-10, 11:09 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Yeah I've sometimes have had problems where I couldn't grab the resizing frame and other times I can. But seeing as it doesn't affect my healing in raids or my other addons Im living with it for the time being. At least nUI loads now

06-23-10, 09:55 PM   #7
Drey
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Can you right click the "General" tab and in the pop up menu you should see Unlock near the top. Click that and then try to resize, does it work that way?
No. Window is unlocked and I can drag it around the main screen but I simply cannot resize it. Also, chat is set to classic in Interface>Social. Dunno if that means anything but I figured I would just toss it in.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Cannot rezize chat pane in 5.06.25