02-02-07, 09:21 AM   #1
hippokpr
A Kobold Labourer
Simple Mac question (I hope)

I have attemptedd to install the mods from the WoW official website, and followed the directions for installing them to the letter...but no addons button shows up on my character select screen.

This is the path I used:
Macintosh HD/Applications/World of Warcraft/Interface/Addons/<here is where all of the Blizzard mod folders are located>

What am I missing?
03-15-07, 01:20 PM   #2
simplehiker
A Defias Bandit
I just came to these forums to look for the answer to your question. I am having the same problem. Every think is in order but no way to turn the mods on in the character selection menu. If you find a solution post back here and I will do the same.
03-15-07, 01:44 PM   #3
JRCC
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Did you extract them. i'm not certain how Macs work but when the addon button doesn't show that's what tends to be the problem.
03-15-07, 02:03 PM   #4
Nightravyn
A Murloc Raider
For the Mac, you are putting them in the correct folder, so that's no worries. However, you do need to make sure that they have been extracted/unzipped into their own folder within the Addons folder.

So you would see something like:
Interface
...Addons
......Blizzard_AuctionUI
......EquipCompare

There's also those addons that have several folders within their zipped folder, like Deadly Boss Mods. For those, you need to extract/unzip the original folder onto your desktop, open it to see a bunch of sub folders, grab the sub folders and move -those- into the Addons folder within WoW.

How do you tell the difference? Well when you open it, if you see loose files, some saying ".lua" at the end, that should be an addon folder ready to be put into the Addons folder. If you see a bunch of subfolders with no loose files (other than a ReadMe), then those subfolders are what you move into the Addons folder.

Hope that helps.
03-15-07, 02:12 PM   #5
simplehiker
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by JRCC
Did you extract them. i'm not certain how Macs work but when the addon button doesn't show that's what tends to be the problem.
Ugh, my jackass mistake. I installed them to my warcraft III directory then thoutgh I had copied them to my wow directory because there were all ready addons in that folder. So once I realized they were not the correct stuff, copied and everything works.

I would suggested maybe for the guy that started this thread to double check the files, directories. Then delete your wow preference files because that may be screwing up file locations.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Simple Mac question (I hope)