05-04-13, 03:57 PM   #1
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Gatherer and Carbonite (Alpha 10 release)

This may be something you are working on later, and I may be speaking out of turn here, if so, just tell me to go away and I will assume it is a work in progress thing on the list for later.

As you can see in the supplied image: The node in front of my toon is shown in the Mini-map area, but not on the Carbonite map, as it used too......This was one of my biggest use for carbonite as I could clearly see the nodes in Carbonite and get them,and ignore the mini-map area altogether.....Watching the mini-map is giving my headaches

This has actually been happening for some time, but as my eyesight has been troubling me lately and the mini-map is hard to see outside of full size. I was wondering if this is an issue you are aware of?

Thanks in advance Rythal......Loving the new Alpha release so far
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_050413_154938.jpg
Views:	457
Size:	591.9 KB
ID:	7698  

05-04-13, 04:17 PM   #2
WOWVern
A Cyclonian
Is your Find Minerals/Herbs active? Otherwise, it might be disabled in the new alpha release. Rythal will know.

05-04-13, 05:28 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
looks like find minerals is off... carbonite can't change things on the minimap so the dot should be displaying.

05-04-13, 08:01 PM   #4
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Apologies...got stuck watching LoTR

The find minerals I never, ever turn off......this has been listed as "on" in both Carbonite and the mini-map.....since who knows how long

Attached an image

Is there possibly some other setting I may be missing, and I potentially screwed up some time Back????
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_050413_195637.jpg
Views:	451
Size:	489.5 KB
ID:	7699  

05-05-13, 01:52 AM   #5
wildcard25
An Aku'mai Servant

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The flashing dot has always been in the minimap only. Your minimap however is docked in the top left hand corner instead of "floating" under the main map.

If you undock the minimap, then with the right alpha settings you'll be able to see the flashing dot in the main map again.

05-05-13, 04:42 AM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
it should be displaying even when docked... minimap is minimap is minimap, no matter how it's drawn.

05-05-13, 12:00 PM   #7
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
I have tried the suggestion of un-anchoring the mini-map, but I am certain that Rythal was knowing the expected results.

All this has done is phased the Transparency of the mini-map an placed it Dead center of Carbonite, but this is not a correction to the current issue.

I will continue to check my settings and experiment over the next couple of days and report back, as I am concerned that this may be something I have done.

Otherwise this issue has been happening since Alpha 2 (r1?) I believe

Other than un-installing and re-installing.....is there a way to reset Carbonite to complete default?

05-05-13, 01:01 PM   #8
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by sgtevmckay View Post

Other than un-installing and re-installing.....is there a way to reset Carbonite to complete default?
Yes, just delete/backup the carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak files from the WTF/accounts folder..

There may be a lot of those files if you have many toons..

05-06-13, 02:55 PM   #9
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Just an update here:

I complied with the above suggestions for resetting Carbonite.
No change on Nodes for any of the track-able nodes.

I am, as of now, completing a fresh install of latest Alpha release.
Will advise more in a couple of days.

05-06-13, 03:24 PM   #10
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Doing a completely clean install of Carbonite made no correction to this issue.

Image attached

My next step is going to be killing Addons, and turning them on systematically to see if I have an addon that is interfering with the process
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_050613_152011.jpg
Views:	405
Size:	771.9 KB
ID:	7701  

05-06-13, 05:02 PM   #11
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I'd be very surprised if any sort of addon is doing it... the yellow dot is part of blizzards minimap and nothing can turn that on or off... unless something has replaced the graphic file with a blank one, but that seems extremely unlikely.

05-06-13, 08:25 PM   #12
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Ok....I understand.

That being said.....The nodes in Carbonite used to "solidify" when there is a node present, or atleast present in a small area that was accessible as you zoomed in on the map.....normally the size of the traditional min-map area.
As you can see the node remains transparent, even though it is right in front of me. By this I mean the node showing in Carbonite is not semi-transparent, and not solid as I would normally expect to see in Carbonite

05-06-13, 08:41 PM   #13
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

It's showing the node on the blizzard map by the look of it (the little square box in top left) but you are not getting the node on the carb map...

I'm thinking a transparency issue.. Or an overlay..

Just out of interest.. Is that gatherer I see? Can you disable gatherer and see if it still happens.. (by disable I mean move the folders out of the addon folder)

05-07-13, 03:10 PM   #14
sgtevmckay
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker
Have dine the suggested above.....similar results.

Image attached.

My wife suggested that I describe what happens thus.
Typically, in Carbonite utilizing Gatherer, the Icon in Carbonite would become solid, thus showing positively that there is ore available in spot "X".
As you can see in the image.....the marker remains transparent where it should be solid identifying the ore node in front of me, which is not happening.
So when I fly over the area, I do not have a positive identification of whether that node is available or not.

I believe that I have a guild mate that is using an older version of Carbonite that is working in the manner I am describing......if so, I will attach an image later, as well as his version.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_050713_150316.jpg
Views:	379
Size:	491.4 KB
ID:	7703  

05-07-13, 04:29 PM   #15
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
>.> I can say with 100% certainty Carbonite does not change the nodes it's drawn based on existance... the function call to draw it does not even have a transparency parameter as it uses the global one for all icons.

if you have the minimap undocked you'll see the yellow dot overtop of the node itself, but .... I could be dead wrong, but as far as I know it's not possible for any addon to know what is displayed on the minimap, let alone adjust it's transparency if a node exists.

05-07-13, 05:32 PM   #16
veldthui
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am using Gatherer with the Alpha10R1 and it works fine for me. As I fly around I get solid indications on the carb map that there is something there. Fly down and pick it off.

I do however find the routing is not working as it used to. You used to be able to select an item and then route on that item. Now it seems to route on everything that is loaded. I have minerals and herbs. Just want the herbs at present but get routed round the lot.

05-08-13, 07:29 AM   #17
wildcard25
An Aku'mai Servant

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
it should be displaying even when docked... minimap is minimap is minimap, no matter how it's drawn.
The node is displayed in his docked minimap in his screen captures. As he said it wasn't being displayed in the main map, I suggested he undock the minimap so that it is shown in the main map (that's the way I use it so that I don't have to squint at the corner of the map for the yellow dot). ;-)

p.s. I also use Gatherer.

05-08-13, 08:00 AM   #18
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Rythal View Post
>.> I can say with 100% certainty Carbonite does not change the nodes it's drawn based on existance... the function call to draw it does not even have a transparency parameter as it uses the global one for all icons.

if you have the minimap undocked you'll see the yellow dot overtop of the node itself, but .... I could be dead wrong, but as far as I know it's not possible for any addon to know what is displayed on the minimap, let alone adjust it's transparency if a node exists.
Could this issue (which I have noticed myself) be related to the Carbonite user's "transparency" settings AND the order of "layering?" Since both maps are drawn one over the other, the one on top will obfuscate the one underneath it, when transparency is in effect. Just wondering and asking if my thought is even close to relevant?

Example: Most good graphics programs which utilize 'Layers' have the option to prioritize which layer appears "on top", (in front of, or behind, etc.). Carbonite itself probably has no control over this, but Blizzard might have control? When transparency is involved, the effects can be noticeably different, depending upon which graphic map is on the top or bottom.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Gatherer and Carbonite (Alpha 10 release)