12-18-12, 08:16 AM   #1
DavidNL
A Murloc Raider
Question Howto see current target on map

Hi,

is it possible to see the location of the current target (set with /target targetname ) on the map?
It's possible in the default wow minimap (right click -> check target) but this is only a small map and when the targets location is outside of this minimap you still dont see the location...

so it would be nice to see it on the carbonite map.

Thanks.

12-18-12, 09:47 AM   #2
DavidNL
A Murloc Raider
to clarify...:

12-18-12, 01:10 PM   #3
aracthebold
Premium Member

Premium Member
Hi,

It shows in my setup, buy I have moved the carbonite map into the mini map. One thing to note if you get to far away you will not see the target. Guess Blizz does not want us to target across the entire zone.

12-18-12, 02:34 PM   #4
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by aracthebold View Post
Hi,

It shows in my setup, buy I have moved the carbonite map into the mini map. One thing to note if you get to far away you will not see the target. Guess Blizz does not want us to target across the entire zone.
One thing: Though you may think this is a technicality, but, you move the Blizzard minimap into the Carbonite map when you merge them and not the other way around.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

12-18-12, 08:24 PM   #5
Chmee
A Molten Giant
@DavidNL: Interesting UI. What addons do you use? In particular, what's that one displaying reputations in the upper left corner?

12-18-12, 11:35 PM   #6
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
@DavidNL: Interesting UI. What addons do you use? In particular, what's that one displaying reputations in the upper left corner?
Just in case the OP doesn't come back to check this thread, I'm pretty sure they're using ElvUI and it looks as though the addon in the upper left corner might be Reputation Bars. There is a "fan update" of it also: ReputationBars - FanUpdate to bring the addon up to MoP: Landfall compatibility.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

12-19-12, 05:05 AM   #7
DavidNL
A Murloc Raider
Indeed, it's ElvUI (the sexiest addon ever) and Reputation bars :-)

So the original question, do you think the "target location" is a feature that could be added to the carbonite map?

12-19-12, 02:31 PM   #8
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by DavidNL View Post
Indeed, it's ElvUI (the sexiest addon ever) and Reputation bars :-)

So the original question, do you think the "target location" is a feature that could be added to the carbonite map?
Well, I hate to put a damper on the idea, but, I don't think so, unless Blizzard has released the API to get the target information from the Blizzard minimap. That's the problem. Last I knew they hadn't released the API to get that type of information off of the minimap, so that's the only place you'll currently find it. That's also the reason that active node icons (mining, herbs and such) don't show up on Carbonites map unless the maps are merged.

12-19-12, 05:11 PM   #9
DavidNL
A Murloc Raider
Ok makes sense, thanks =)

12-19-12, 05:51 PM   #10
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You're welcome. Glad I could help.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Howto see current target on map