07-02-10, 07:54 PM   #1
Aefaradien
A Murloc Raider
Broken - Can't see anything...

OK, so my PC went and had a bit of stroke today and I was forced to recover from a save point (Win7). Got my system up and going again but WoW was broken - wouldn't load. So, I uninstall WoW, delete the folder, then reinstall WoW - everything looks good up to this point...

I put nui back into the addons folder and log into the game - nothing. The frames are there, but their are no hotbars, no pet bar (for my hunter), no minimap, no button bag, nothing except the chatlog. The standard WoW minimap is still up in the right hand corner.

Here's a screenie:

Now, it was working up until this point so, I don't know if maybe something else is broken or what... I had it running with carbonite, auctioneer, and gatherer...

I have the latest release version, I'm not running the alpha, I am not running any other addons (none in the folder), the /rl command doesn't do any good...

Got any ideas? I'm stumped... I'll have to unload it for now so I can, at least, play the game...

07-02-10, 11:51 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Hmm, definitely sounds like a broken install.

Try re-downloading nUI and installing just that and see if it works. Then do the same gradually with your others. Maybe somewhere along the way an addon broke down and got corrupted.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-03-10, 06:08 AM   #3
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yeah... use the KISS approach... only change one thing at a time.
  1. Exit WoW
  2. Go to the [ World of Warcraft ] folder and rename [ Interface ] to [ Interface.saved ] and rename [ WTF ] to [ WTF.saved ]
  3. Log in to WoW -- there should be no "AddOns" button at the character selection screen. If there is, go back to Step 2
  4. Enter the world on any toon. Everything's okay... right? If not... yeah....
  5. Exit WoW and install nUI 5.06.26 into your [ World of Warcraft > Interface > AddOns ] folder.
  6. Log in to WoW, does nUI load correctly? If not, let me know.
  7. Start installing your other addons ONE-AT-A-TIME and logging in to WoW after each one to see if it breaks. If it does, you know exactly which addon broke it.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

07-03-10, 09:16 AM   #4
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by spiel2001 View Post
Yeah... use the KISS approach... only change one thing at a time.
  1. Exit WoW
  2. Go to the [ World of Warcraft ] folder and rename [ Interface ] to [ Interface.saved ] and rename [ WTF ] to [ WTF.saved ]
  3. Log in to WoW -- there should be no "AddOns" button at the character selection screen. If there is, go back to Step 2
  4. Enter the world on any toon. Everything's okay... right? If not... yeah....
  5. Exit WoW and install nUI 5.06.26 into your [ World of Warcraft > Interface > AddOns ] folder.
  6. Log in to WoW, does nUI load correctly? If not, let me know.
  7. Start installing your other addons ONE-AT-A-TIME and logging in to WoW after each one to see if it breaks. If it does, you know exactly which addon broke it.
It might still be a multiple-addon problem. I'd add another step: disable everything except nUI and the "breaker" addon. If nUI is still broken, fine. If not, go back and add in each of the other addons one at a time until it breaks again.

I would expect that most of the time, it'll just be the one addon breaking things.

07-03-10, 01:49 PM   #5
Aefaradien
A Murloc Raider
Thanks, but I already did all of the above... Renamed Interface and WTF and all that...

What you are seeing in my screenshot is with nui being the only addon in the folder other than the standard Blizzard ones...

As it happened after I had to take my computer back to a restore point, I'm thinking that maybe something else might have gotten changed and is affecting the nui addon in some way... I've already done a reinstall of WoW...

07-03-10, 02:09 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
And you did a redownload of nUI like I suggested and your other addons ? If wow works and you cleared out your wtf and interface folders installing a new copy of nUI should result in it working fine.

My fiance just installed wow fresh and nUI and so far hasn't screamed at me it not working which I assure you he would do rofl.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-03-10, 04:07 PM   #7
Aefaradien
A Murloc Raider
Well... I had re-downloaded it once before to see if that would fix the problem, but I just re-downloaded it again and it's working... Not sure what changed, though... I am somewhat befuddled...

I haven't tried with the other addons yet, but that will be next on my list... I've grown rather accustomed to the Carbonite map and minimap - I've found that both the map in the bottom-right frame and minimap in nUI are too small for me to see anything so I switch the bottom-right frame to battle text and just use the Carbonite maps...

It will take me some time to get used to this layout and I will have to see about keybindings so I don't constantly hunt for things on my hotbars lol...

It's working now *knocks on wood* so, thanks for all the help

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Broken - Can't see anything...