09-01-12, 04:47 PM   #1
flinder5
A Murloc Raider

extra action butons not appear

hej,

another problem.
I wanted to play some darkmoon fair mini games. when i needed to knock down the gnolls i discoverd that that smash bottun not appears. also with the living canon, the release button to drop you down in the water not apears!

the only thing what happends is that i can't do any skills.

09-01-12, 04:49 PM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Ah, time to do some testing. Where I don't do dungeons its hard for me to test this stuff out.

edit 1:
darn it, no darkmoon fair on my server.

edit 2:
Nevermind, forgot it was all changed in 4.3.4

edit 3:
It will have to wait until next friday ... they're still setting up in Goldshire

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-01-12 at 05:16 PM.

09-01-12, 05:25 PM   #3
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
Darkmoon Fayre starts today. First Sunday of every month, until the end of the following Saturday.

09-01-12, 06:08 PM   #4
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, well maybe they will finish building it on our server soon then rofl. I read on wow wiki it was the first Friday which would mean next week.

09-01-12, 06:42 PM   #5
Daveo77
Premium Member

Premium Member
Ah ok. EU servers, it's the first Sunday of each month.

09-01-12, 07:01 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
rofl Im in the EU but playing on US servers cos I was playing with my US fiance until we split up a few years back .... spent too long on my 8 85s to abandon them to start over on a EU server.

09-02-12, 08:30 AM   #7
jemsmck
A Kobold Labourer
Originally Posted by Xrystal View Post
rofl Im in the EU but playing on US servers cos I was playing with my US fiance until we split up a few years back .... spent too long on my 8 85s to abandon them to start over on a EU server.
I am on a US Server and Darkmoon Fair is up and running. I am experiencing the same issue described here. I love the UI so let me know if i can help.

Thanks!

09-02-12, 08:36 AM   #8
Zyella
A Murloc Raider
I'm having the same problem with the Darkmoon mini games. I turned on the movers during whack-a-gnoll, and can't even seem to find the extra action bar (if there is one? I see one named "Extra Action Bar Frame", but nothing shows up there when the mini game is going and the movers are disabled).

Prior to the latest patch, the button for the DMF games just replaced the spells on Action Bar 1 while I played - this no longer seems to be the case.

I'm including a screenshot with the movers turned on - I've shifted (what I assume is) the pet battle frame down to the bottom, which on that note... any chance that will be fixed so that it doesn't sit on top of all the other frames?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

09-02-12, 09:20 AM   #9
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Thats the one. Thats the problem with that button for some strange reason. It is one button in the frame but for some reason it isn't working in nUI but worked when I had a temp mover fix set up for it a whiles back.

Do a search for Ultraxion in the nUI forums and find some posts relating back to before the 5.0.4 patch hit and you should see a mention of the macro for it, just in case I spelt it wrong.

Until I can get in and test it out myself next week I can't do anything unfortunately. Its hard to blind fix a problem if you don't know where the problem is

09-02-12, 12:58 PM   #10
flinder5
A Murloc Raider

i think the macro from the spel for fading light, hour of twilight and dream from the DS instance is other than this button. because this buttons from DMF u can cast with 1,2,3,4 buttons. not like the fading light skill cause thats the extra action button.

maybe u have this problem too when ur in vehicles. like in ulduar the first boss. cause that are the same like buttons.

im going to test temorrow if its true what i say.

09-02-12, 02:08 PM   #11
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm interesting. Wonder if there is another bar or set of buttons we need to look into totally. I know they did some changes to the action bars but I couldn't see anything that stopped pet bar, action bar, power bar, vehicle bar from appearing. The special bars that spawn during a raid or dungeon boss I couldn't test but not sure if anyone got round to testing it themselves during beta.

09-02-12, 04:19 PM   #12
jmrusmc
A Kobold Labourer
Vehicle bar

Isn't this frame that is missing supposed to be the Vehicle bar, not the extra action bar or are they one in the same?

09-02-12, 04:24 PM   #13
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
The vehicle bar should appear fine as I tested that when applying the beta fixes. Its these special spawn bars thats going crazy and seeing as before 5.0.4 only the extraactionbar was having problems I can only assume its that at the moment.

09-02-12, 04:36 PM   #14
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
okay I can see what you mean now.

Will see if I can track down which frame should be appearing.

edit 1:
Okay it is the new overridebar system they are using. So will need to track down how you can use it in addons. I was hoping it was something blizzard set up to activate on its own but I guess not.

edit 2:
Scott!! I need your knowledge on the secure action bar stuff. I have no idea how to get this override bar to display.

"UPDATE_OVERRIDE_ACTIONBAR" event is triggered on those darkmoon faire quests
Then using GetOverrideBarIndex() returns 14 and GetOverrideBarSkin() returns the skin to use for the bar.

I tried setting up a new file for the override bar based on the possess bar but not sure if everything is right there. and then I tried adjusting the registerstatedriver to include the [overridebar] 14 section but no joy.

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-02-12 at 05:36 PM.

09-02-12, 05:46 PM   #15
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Here's a screenshot with the framestack and with nUI loaded.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090312_004425.jpg
Views:	590
Size:	207.2 KB
ID:	7137  Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090312_000246.jpg
Views:	601
Size:	203.2 KB
ID:	7139  

09-02-12, 06:06 PM   #16
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
I don't believe it .. I got it working and looks like it is because blizzard didn't add the extrabar and overridebar statedriver settings until 5.0.4. You should now get all of them working.

For those that are comfortable making this change read on. For those not. Wait until I or Scott have set up a way for you to update it.

Here goes:

File: AddOns/nUI/Bars/nUI_ButtonBar.lua

Notice the addition. That should be enough for it to work. I tested it with the Darkmoon stuff and attach a screenshot. The extra action bar one may need some extra work as it shouldn't need to be a part of the mover system so the fact it currently is may mess it up. If someone can find a way of confirming that without the need or running a dungeon or raid that would be great.

Lua Code:
  1. -- 5.0.4 Change start
  3. --RegisterStateDriver(nUI_ActionBar, "page", "[vehicleui] 12; [bar:2] 2; [bar:3] 3; [bar:4] 4; [bar:5] 5; [bar:6] 6; [bonusbar:1] 7; [bonusbar:2] 8; [bonusbar:3] 9; [bonusbar:4] 10; [bonusbar:5] 11;1" );
  5. RegisterStateDriver(nUI_ActionBar, "page", "[vehicleui] 12; [extrabar] 13; [overridebar] 14; [bar:2] 2; [bar:3] 3; [bar:4] 4; [bar:5] 5; [bar:6] 6; [bonusbar:1] 7; [bonusbar:2] 8; [bonusbar:3] 9; [bonusbar:4] 10; [bonusbar:5] 11;1" );
  7. -- 5.0.4 Change End

NOTE: Please note that removal of [extrabar] 13; from the list will stop the disappearing buttons problem. For the moment you would have to use another addon to get the extrabar to appear in those dungeon runs and raids such as Ultraxion.

And for those that want the file itself .. here you go:
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	WoWScrnShot_090312_010106.jpg
Views:	637
Size:	186.6 KB
ID:	7140  
Attached Files
File Type: lua nUI_ButtonBar.lua (31.5 KB, 597 views)

Last edited by Xrystal : 09-10-12 at 03:14 PM. Reason: Recent Knowledge

09-02-12, 07:52 PM   #17
netsec.nerd
A Kobold Labourer

I just tested this on 2 games at the faire on Zuluhed-US. Working great. Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	bar.lua.fix.RingToss.png
Views:	566
Size:	802.0 KB
ID:	7142  

09-03-12, 11:01 AM   #18
flinder5
A Murloc Raider

Thanks. i gonna test it asap! i love the way u guys response so fast and work on it so fast

EDIT: Yea TY it works fine!

Last edited by flinder5 : 09-03-12 at 11:47 AM. Reason: tested

09-03-12, 02:47 PM   #19
cdh555
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Makes the buttons appear at DFM
However on Ultra - it removes the pirmary cast bar, and there is no button displayed (same on madness) if you use the addon BetterExtraActionButton then you can get the button to appear, but there is still a lack of normal cast bar.

Last edited by cdh555 : 09-03-12 at 03:06 PM.

09-03-12, 03:04 PM   #20
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Hmm, that seems to be the way it was supposed to work.

what happens when you do that run without nUI loaded, with just the standard UI ? does it have the extra action bar as literally an extra one alongside the main action bar ?

I thought the idea was that during the phase the extra action bar was on screen you only used that ability. is that not so ?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » extra action butons not appear