10-11-08, 01:15 AM   #1
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
request for the coders amongst us

Hiya all

as you all know, patch 3.0 will arive soon, and when that happens a lot of addons will just break down.

Now i got a tiny request to make, and don't know if this is the right place to do it, but i would love to see the following addons updated to work in the next patch:
  • Cartographer (don't know if ckknight is working on this)
  • WIM (i've seen a new 3.0 compatible version in the works, but if the old one could be made a bit more 3.0 compatible in the meanwhile i would be eternally thankfull)
  • Dr. Damage
  • Fishing Buddy (aye, i know, but i love this addon)
  • Automaton (this one i've been using all of my wowing life, and i find it very very usefull since it automates so many tasks and stuff)
  • Tipbuddy (i love the customizability in this addon, i tried a few WOTLK compatible tooltip addons, but none are quite what i'm looking for or as easy of use)
  • Parrot (i know MSBT is compatible with 3.0, but i always loved parrot more than MSBT)

above where basically the addons that completely broke down after i've copied my UI from the live version to the PTR, for my other addons i've found either replacements or updated versions.

If someone knows a good and compatible addon to any listed above, or knows how to make them 3.0 compatible, please let me know.

Thanks in advance,

CM
10-11-08, 01:28 AM   #2
Sekrin
A Chromatic Dragonspawn
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm not sure about the status of the others, but Parrot has a 3.0 version available now.
10-11-08, 05:23 AM   #3
contramundi
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
haven't seen that one yet, but thanks for the info, gonna look for it

Greetz,

CM
10-13-08, 08:05 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
  • Cartographer (don't know if ckknight is working on this)
    Cart3 is in development
  • WIM (i've seen a new 3.0 compatible version in the works, but if the old one could be made a bit more 3.0 compatible in the meanwhile i would be eternally thankfull)
    if a 3.0 version is in the works, then just be patient
  • Dr. Damage
    No point in updating for stuff that is constantly chaning. Gagorian's waiting for everything to be finalized before touching it

The patch isn't here yet, some authors haven't had chances yet to update or were waiting on purpose, or their changes just aren't public yet.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-13-08, 09:23 PM   #5
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

WIM has an "under development" version under the name of WIM_Rewrite.
It is very much usable and bug-free already, it would be pointless for the author
to expend effort bringing the old beast up to date.
I've been using WIM_Rewrite on the beta and it's coming along very nicely,
I wouldn't worry about it at all.

You can visit the forums at http://www.wimaddon.com/wiki/Main_Page
for more info.

Personally I'd just sit patient for a couple days, Pazza is actively developing the addon,
there's no worry for the foreseeable future.
10-18-08, 08:10 AM   #6
break19
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Fishing Buddy is defunct, afaik, however, there is another, maintained addon called Fisherman's Friend, that does the same things, just works a bit differently.

break19

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » request for the coders amongst us