10-16-08, 05:06 AM   #1
Melody Kitn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
BaudBag Replacement

I was a big fan of Baudbag, but since the patch, its gone off the deep end with money errors and interface glitches.

I'm not sure if Baudzila is going to update it anytime soon (seeing as the last BaudBag update on Curse was in April) so can anyone recommend a good replacement?

I'm looking for something uncomplicated. I don't need a mod that filters or sorts things out for me. I just want it to have the same simple transparent windows Baudbag had, can join bags into their own moveable windows so I can choose to have certain bags together (I'm not a one bag person), be useable on the bank menus, let me rename the bags, and have an uncomplicated interface that doesn't require me to have to fiddle with it for longer than 5 minutes to get the bag settings I want.

These were simple things I liked without the rest of the clutter of other bag addons, and I am hoping someone knows of another mod that's similar, or someone who might take up updating the addon if Baudzila isn't.

Thanks for the help.
10-16-08, 10:05 AM   #2
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Have you checked out the new bag addon, Luggage?
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-18-08, 02:15 PM   #3
Sparq
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I too am a fan of Baud Bag, and I was able to fix the addon to work with the new 3.0.2 patch. However I can't get in contact with the author, and releasing an addon without consent is not allowed. But as I spotted a "fan update" of another Baud addon on wowinterface, I'll try to sumbit my update with the same gambit.

Attached is the (very unofficial) 1.31 edition of Baud Bag should work with the latest patch. Which is exactly like the latest version 1.3, but with 6 lines changed. I hope I can get a hold of the author so that addon repositories can be updated as well.

For full disclosure, these were the lines I changed:

Baug Bag 1.3:
Code:
BaudBag.toc [line 1]: ## Interface: 20400
BaudBag.toc [line 9]: ## Version: 1.3
BaudBag.xml [line 211]: SmallMoneyFrame_OnLoad();
BaudBag.xml [line 212]: MoneyFrame_SetType("STATIC");
BaudBag.lua [line 1508]: UIDropDownMenu_SetWidth(90, BaudBagOptionsSetDropDown);
BaudBag.lua [line 1509]: UIDropDownMenu_SetWidth(90, BaudBagOptionsBackgroundDropDown);
Baud Bag 1.31:
Code:
BaudBag.toc [line 1]: ## Interface: 30000
BaudBag.toc [line 9]: ## Version: 1.31
BaudBag.xml [line 211]: SmallMoneyFrame_OnLoad(self);
BaudBag.xml [line 212]: MoneyFrame_SetType(self,"STATIC");
BaudBag.lua [line 1508]: UIDropDownMenu_SetWidth(BaudBagOptionsSetDropDown, 90);
BaudBag.lua [line 1509]: UIDropDownMenu_SetWidth(BaudBagOptionsBackgroundDropDown, 90);
Attached Files
File Type: zip BaudBag-1.31.zip (19.4 KB, 864 views)

Last edited by Sparq : 10-18-08 at 02:49 PM. Reason: added a line
10-18-08, 07:50 PM   #4
Sparq
A Defias Bandit
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Now available as Baud Bag (WotLK Fan update) Addon.
10-19-08, 09:16 AM   #5
Melody Kitn
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Sparg, you are my hero! Thanks so much for this!

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » BaudBag Replacement