10-17-08, 04:06 PM   #1
thebum
A Murloc Raider
Anything like metahud/dhud?

My first HUD addon was Drathals HUD, which I was very happy about. After the author stopped updating it I was forced to find another one, and for that I chose metahud as that was quite similar. Now metahud stopped working too, and I'm looking for a HUD that looks similar to those two, and isn't too hard to setup. I tried IceHUD, but it seems to bug a little, and there are also a few things I don't know how to setup (the text overlaps when the bars are placed next to each other and I can't seem to find a way trough that).

I tried looking for updated versions of metahud or dhud, but I couldn't find a working one. So do you have any ideas of something that looks similar and is easy to setup?
10-18-08, 12:36 AM   #2
vpr
A Theradrim Guardian
Originally Posted by thebum View Post
My first HUD addon was Drathals HUD, which I was very happy about. After the author stopped updating it I was forced to find another one, and for that I chose metahud as that was quite similar. Now metahud stopped working too, and I'm looking for a HUD that looks similar to those two, and isn't too hard to setup. I tried IceHUD, but it seems to bug a little, and there are also a few things I don't know how to setup (the text overlaps when the bars are placed next to each other and I can't seem to find a way trough that).

I tried looking for updated versions of metahud or dhud, but I couldn't find a working one. So do you have any ideas of something that looks similar and is easy to setup?
I too, am in the same boat... I really got used to Metahud and it's sad that it's not going to be updated... Was the use of HUDs a fad? Seems like they've all pretty much dried up. My screen looks empty w/o one.

Someone here made an addon for an addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...udDrathal.html Which is supposed to skin DaHUD to look like Drathals hud, but I haven't tried it, as I can't find DaHUD here...
10-18-08, 06:05 AM   #3
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm using a "patched" version of Metahud, and it works like a charm. Go to the Metahud page over at Curse and scroll down the page... you'll see in the comment section where I think a fan has fixed something in the lua file. The entire addon is not being redistributed, just a fix in a lua file.
10-18-08, 06:07 AM   #4
thebum
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by vpr View Post
I too, am in the same boat... I really got used to Metahud and it's sad that it's not going to be updated... Was the use of HUDs a fad? Seems like they've all pretty much dried up. My screen looks empty w/o one.

Someone here made an addon for an addon: http://www.wowinterface.com/download...udDrathal.html Which is supposed to skin DaHUD to look like Drathals hud, but I haven't tried it, as I can't find DaHUD here...
Heh, not only does my screen look empty without it, I can't even play without it as I die all the time because I forget to watch my health ^^

And thanks Silenia, I'll take a look at it.
10-18-08, 07:09 AM   #5
Ganaw
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use IceHud which is working fine in 3.0.2
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...49-IceHUD.html

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Anything like metahud/dhud?