10-21-08, 12:04 PM   #1
Rabbit0071984
A Defias Bandit
Smile Big Undertaking... But well worth it =D

I am just gonna copy and paste from the wow forums as i have this going on there... but wanted to put it here and see what everybody thought.

**Welli know there is discord. But it's not exactly what i am looking for.

I was wondering if there was an editor out there that is visual and changes the code automatically without having to know any coding knowledge. Course having to know the path of textures and such is a must. But would be kinda nice to make a UI that works for all Screen Resolustions without having to save 50 million add-on settings to do so. Would also be nice to be able to change the graphics of other add-ons to get them to match perfectly with the UI you are creating or add animations to health bars and what not kinda like in Spartan UI or like the Orbs in Roth. Course i do know the animations would have to be created by the user ... just saying .

Kinda like a Dreamweaver for the World of Warcraft UI

Thanks in advance . **

then further on...

**as i stated in another post to a certain extent... a mod author could catorgorize everything by the different UI Elements example

Player Frame
then all the sub catogories here that the people can edit

Action Bars
then all the sub catogories here that people can edit

Target frame
samething as above

Casting bar
samething as abouve

Mini map
samething as above

so on and so fourth for ALL the UI elements and UI window such as the tradeskill or talents window... spellbook... glyphs everything to make everything 100% your own.

What you think Mod Authiors.... huh...huhhhhhhh... you know you want it as much as everybody else hehe ^^. Would make everything alot easier on everybody honestly. Even authors that redo the code themselves for there UI's would love something such as this cause it would save them a TON of work.

Which is why i can't figure out why nobody has made one yet ^^.... maybe i just inspired some people that might want to do this ehh? hehe **

Now this is something that i know EVERYBODY would love... even coders as it would save them a TON of time... and even the people that don't know code would use this.

I want to see what other people think and see if any mod authors think this is doable.... i believe it is and i know would be a huge undertaking... but in all honesty don't you think it would be worth it

rabbit
10-22-08, 01:20 PM   #2
blackpandemic
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Rabbit0071984 View Post
Now this is something that i know EVERYBODY would love... even coders as it would save them a TON of time... and even the people that don't know code would use this.
This is a cool idea. I wouldn't bank too much on the quoted statement as most coders I know love coding for the pure trial/error portion behind it.

As for an addon/program that lets you do that, it's a good idea in theory but at the same time I'm not sure how it would complicate things in terms of actual coding (it might make the coding of addons VERY sloppy). And learning LUA slowly has been half the fun of my new UI
10-22-08, 03:27 PM   #3
Mike-N-Go
A Theradrim Guardian

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I am not sure what you are necessarly asking for, but is Skinner what you are looking for?

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Big Undertaking... But well worth it =D