01-05-09, 02:24 PM   #1
Asuhrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
UIErrorsFrame mod?

Is there a mod that redirects error messages from the UIErrorsFrame to the Chat Frame or maybe simply allows you to move it?
01-05-09, 02:54 PM   #2
Alkar
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Asuhrie View Post
Is there a mod that redirects error messages from the UIErrorsFrame to the Chat Frame or maybe simply allows you to move it?
This should do it for ya
\BugSack
07-12-09, 03:50 PM   #3
xtoq
An Aku'mai Servant

No, the OP means UIErrors, not LUA errors. UI errors are the red ones on your screen "Can't mount here" "Can't do that while moving" etc. Try ErrorMonster (redirects all or nothing to another sink like the chat frame) and/or pError (disables errors you tell it to).
07-12-09, 05:02 PM   #4
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

I personally use one of the tiny mods that can be found in this compilation you just download the compilation and use what you want from it or use it all if it all looks interesting to you but anyways the link to them is Evl's Addons. They all look nice its just I currently use other addons that do what alot of those other ones do.

- Winston Churchill
07-13-09, 07:07 AM   #5
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

To move, scale, change color, limit # of error messages shown, etc.. I used to use BigRed (configurable via /bigred)

I liked this addon, but now I just add "/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()" at the end of any macros I have that can produce any unwanted error messages.

side note: pError never worked for me
07-13-09, 07:16 AM   #6
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Limb0 View Post
side note: pError never worked for me
Why not? Got any bugs? Tried to reset your savedvariables?
07-13-09, 07:30 AM   #7
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Why not? Got any bugs? Tried to reset your savedvariables?
With a fresh install of pError w/o any saved variables in either the general SavedVariables or each of my other toons' SavedVariables, pError would never filter out the ~"Not enough energy" or other various error messages that Rogues commonly get. Before trying pError out I used the Cutup module for this but it broke at one point (may be fixed now though, possibly).

I'm not trying to put your addon down, just pointing out that it did not work for me unfortunately, and that by simply adding the line "/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()" as the end line of a macro completely does away with any error message that would pop up for a spell/ item/etc cast/used within that macro.
07-19-09, 10:35 PM   #8
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Limb0 View Post
With a fresh install of pError w/o any saved variables in either the general SavedVariables or each of my other toons' SavedVariables, pError would never filter out the ~"Not enough energy" or other various error messages that Rogues commonly get. Before trying pError out I used the Cutup module for this but it broke at one point (may be fixed now though, possibly).

I'm not trying to put your addon down, just pointing out that it did not work for me unfortunately, and that by simply adding the line "/script UIErrorsFrame:Clear()" as the end line of a macro completely does away with any error message that would pop up for a spell/ item/etc cast/used within that macro.
With the newest version there shouldnt be any issues what so ever.
I have tried using a fresh savedvariable too, still works.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » UIErrorsFrame mod?