07-09-09, 07:51 PM   #1
Saen
A Murloc Raider

Font Addon ?

I'm looking for and new font addon now that ClaerFont2 has been banned...anyone know of a good font addon that will change ALL of the fonts chat ,player name , zone name etc?
07-09-09, 08:21 PM   #2
Asuhrie
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What do you mean by it being banned? I know I havent found updates for it in forever, but it still seems to work just fine. And despite my best searching efforts, I don't see any sort of ban on it.
07-09-09, 09:36 PM   #3
Saen
A Murloc Raider

well it isnt "banned" but they arent updating it anymore because it was breaking EULA somehow or somethign like that and i had to delete my old addon folders from another problem i had

so ye aim looking for a replacement now and its making me sad =(
07-09-09, 10:12 PM   #4
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
It has nothing to do with the EULA. He just hasn't had time to do much with it, and some of the fonts (in it and/or the extra font packs) do not allow for redistribution, iirc.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-09-09, 10:33 PM   #5
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

you can check out tekticles here on wowinterface I forget what font it uses but it only uses one of the fonts from clearfont. If you want access to other fonts fontain would be a good choice if you dont feel like modifying the lua file for tekticles which is what I did to add new fonts for certain aspects of my ui.

- Winston Churchill
07-10-09, 03:20 AM   #6
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I use Fontain. I used to use clearfont too, but Fontain gives more customization.

quote from addon
"Fontain is a simple Ace3 addon to give you a highly configurable set of controls over your UI's font choices.

You can set a master font for your whole UI, and even override SharedMedia so that all addons that use SharedMedia will use your selected font. Additionally, you have fine-grained control over every font in your UI, with a powerful wildcard matching matching system."
07-11-09, 11:03 AM   #7
Saen
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Limb0 View Post
I use Fontain. I used to use clearfont too, but Fontain gives more customization.

quote from addon
"Fontain is a simple Ace3 addon to give you a highly configurable set of controls over your UI's font choices.

You can set a master font for your whole UI, and even override SharedMedia so that all addons that use SharedMedia will use your selected font. Additionally, you have fine-grained control over every font in your UI, with a powerful wildcard matching matching system."
I'm currently using Fontain and for most all of the text in game it works great , but for some reason it will not switch out font for the chat box and the player/npc names that float above their heads.

Other than that im quite happy with fontain and its huge assortment of font choices.
07-11-09, 02:13 PM   #8
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
The names above heads is a part of the 3-d world and, as such, are not accessible to addons. In order to change that font, you need to do a manual override with a Fonts folder in the WoW directory.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-11-09, 06:31 PM   #9
Saen
A Murloc Raider

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
The names above heads is a part of the 3-d world and, as such, are not accessible to addons. In order to change that font, you need to do a manual override with a Fonts folder in the WoW directory.
ahh right on ...i thought CF2 did that? although i might just be crazy
07-11-09, 10:23 PM   #10
Daagar
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Saen View Post
ahh right on ...i thought CF2 did that? although i might just be crazy
Well, CF2 did that as part of the 'extra' setup step, which was just that... overriding the main fonts via a custom Fonts folder
07-13-09, 07:16 AM   #11
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Um, you mean like this?

I downloaded fountain specifically to do this, and can confirm that it does indeed have the ability to do so.
I think that there are options to change the chat channel fonts but I use Prat3.0 with SharedMediaAdditionalFonts which already adresses this.
07-13-09, 07:41 AM   #12
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Could anyone please explain to me the use of addons like this? I used Clearfont a number of years ago, before discovering that simply switching fonts around in the Fonts folder does the job without having an extra addon loaded.

Is it just so that you can have multiple choices whilst in the game?
07-13-09, 10:21 AM   #13
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Um, you mean like this?
---

I downloaded fountain specifically to do this, and can confirm that it does indeed have the ability to do so.
I think that there are options to change the chat channel fonts but I use Prat3.0 with SharedMediaAdditionalFonts which already adresses this.
If you did achieve that with Fontain, that it is something that Blizzard just recently opened up. Either that, or I was lied to all these years.

edit: ooohh... I remember... Maybe ClearFont2 didn't touch it because it causes taint.

07-13-09, 09:50 PM   #14
Miralen
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

the reason to run something like fontain is to customize each and every window you may want so for instance I may want my paper doll frame to have a different text from my Achievements frame and a different one for my quest log and a different one for my mail frame and a different one from this frame and that frame. Of course that's a bit of an exaggeration but you may want to customize fonts in certain frames such as a calligraphy type font for the mail frame and have Arial Narrow for the other frames. But if you don't want to go completely nuts just using the four font files in the font folder is fine it changes fonts to hopefully what you want and you don't have to load a separate addon for it.

- Winston Churchill
07-15-09, 07:13 PM   #15
Saen
A Murloc Raider

Um, you mean like this?

YES! just like that ! what are you using to change the player name font like that?

Also i recently downloaded Chatter to be albe to rest my chat font on all of my characters...oddly Fontain did all it is supposed to do but only on my bank alt =(
07-19-09, 09:10 AM   #16
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

YES! just like that ! what are you using to change the player name font like that?

Also i recently downloaded Chatter to be albe to rest my chat font on all of my characters...oddly Fontain did all it is supposed to do but only on my bank alt =(
...Fontain.. the font I use is BlackChancery to give it a more rp feel, but lots of other fonts are available through SharedMedia and SharedMediaAdditionalFonts.. In addition to this, I've included even more fonts and a couple hundred sounds to SharedMedia_MyMedia, which I'll be uploading into one of my compilations today (see siggy).
07-19-09, 09:16 AM   #17
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

You can also do that with Aloft. http://wow.curse.com/downloads/wow-a...ject-4441.aspx

Last edited by Petrah : 07-19-09 at 09:19 AM.
07-19-09, 12:46 PM   #18
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
...Fontain.. the font I use is BlackChancery to give it a more rp feel, but lots of other fonts are available through SharedMedia and SharedMediaAdditionalFonts.. In addition to this, I've included even more fonts and a couple hundred sounds to SharedMedia_MyMedia, which I'll be uploading into one of my compilations today (see siggy).
Make sure that those are all licensed to allow redistribution.

07-20-09, 05:40 AM   #19
Limb0
A Cobalt Mageweaver

Make sure that those are all licensed to allow redistribution.
absolutely, but I will triple check and include any readme files to avoid confusion or controversy

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Font Addon ?