10-06-11, 03:18 PM   #41
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Nibelheim View Post
Tried juicing/smoothies? I had pretty terrible mal-nutrition from an abused digestive system, and a few juice fasts / green smoothies helped a fair bit. Juicing is good because it takes no energy to digest it, and all the nutrients get absorbed, but it does require effort or a juicer. Smoothies are very similar, because the food is now in a liquified form it takes a lot less effort to digest.

Link

Hmm. That sounds quite interesting. I'll check it out and talk to my doctor about it. Because right now it seems that my food is digesting at a snails pace.
10-06-11, 03:26 PM   #42
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Epiphany17 View Post
Hmm. That sounds quite interesting. I'll check it out and talk to my doctor about it. Because right now it seems that my food is digesting at a snails pace.
I edited my post with a bit more info.

It took me quite a while to discover diet as an answer. None of the doctors I went to even mentioned food or nutrition (aside from vitamin deficiencies), they're all taught about symptoms/diagnosis/drugs, but not on anything natural it seems.

One day I simply started eating 3 times the vegetables I was before and far less meat/bread/grains, and overnight I'd become 3 times stronger (results may vary), but progressively over the next couple of months I started to become weaker again. It was obvious I needed something else to reboost my nutritional intake. So, I went on a 48 hour fast to reset my system, started juicing and taking green smoothies, and things are starting to pick up again. I'm doing a weekly 24-hour fast and I definitely feel better from it.

This article has some interesting information on fasting, though I wouldn't recommend starting off straight away with an 8 day fast. Even 24 hours can help a lot.

Another article.

Don't take them as straight gospel, but they do contain interesting information. And as always, consult your doctor, but do realize their limited knowledge pool. Finding a doctor who truly understands healing is a hard thing to do, and they're usually booked weeks ahead due to the demand for them. Might be worth going onto chat rooms / forums for malnutrition, muscle weakness, and see if anyone can recommend anyone.

PS. And lots of water! At least 2 litres of water a day to help your digestive system stay clean, and help detox.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 10-06-11 at 03:31 PM.
10-06-11, 04:49 PM   #43
haylie
A Scalebane Royal Guard

Epiphany, I didn't mean to sound rude. I just wanted to give you some suggestions on things that could help you get your mind off WoW. I'm sorry if I offended you.
10-06-11, 05:00 PM   #44
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

Originally Posted by Epiphany17 View Post
But see, I have nothing else to do. NOTHING. I stay at home. I have no job and no school. I have no friends. Ada;ksjlkajsdlkajsd.
And don't feel too bad about this I'm still in that boat and have been for a long time.

I find even the thought of getting out of that hole once you've been in it a while is tough. Isolation tends to make you like isolation, or at least that's how I find it. I find that even while getting better physically, getting the courage to start life again is a challenge on it's own. However, taken one step at a time, and towards something you like doing, the journey is possible.

Edit: Health World Online is another good spot.

Last edited by Nibelheim : 10-06-11 at 05:22 PM.
10-06-11, 06:18 PM   #45
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by haylie View Post
Epiphany, I didn't mean to sound rude. I just wanted to give you some suggestions on things that could help you get your mind off WoW. I'm sorry if I offended you.
It's ok, you didn't <3

I just wanted to make my reasons clear :P
10-06-11, 08:23 PM   #46
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I have a very good, old friend with GP. She does baby food, juices/smoothies, and white rice mostly. Anything that's healthy, goes down easy, and is easy (for normal people) to digest.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-06-11, 08:52 PM   #47
Ither
A Firelord

Thread de-railer

I feel your pain Eph.

When I was in the war I took three bullets, two to back and one to the abdominal. After hell, three surgeons, infection, loss of hair, and weird mood swings we discovered that in the many centimeters (damn those things mean a lot) of intestinal tract removed due to the infections of my injuries I suddenly developed a deathly reaction to red meat. Any minimal hint of it and my body goes into a mode I rather not describe--it takes several IV's, some strong cancer grade nausea meds, and a lot of being pissed off (this calls for immediate medical facility hospitalization.)

I've been on the good food kick for five years now because of it--it was hell. I had to start small and work my way up. It was pretty much identical to what gastric patients go through, except I didn't get the bariatric surgery. I stick to veggies, no carbs, no fried, no sodas, no sugars, and lean meats. It was tough getting use to it because it was so consistent from day to day but after a few years it doesn't bother me that I sometimes eat the same crud three days in a row. Protein shots and juicers make a world of difference when you don't feel like stuffing your stomach!

Keep at it--it gets easier over time. Best wishes!
10-07-11, 08:42 AM   #48
Epiphany17
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by TheGeek View Post
Thread de-railer

I feel your pain Eph.

When I was in the war I took three bullets, two to back and one to the abdominal. After hell, three surgeons, infection, loss of hair, and weird mood swings we discovered that in the many centimeters (damn those things mean a lot) of intestinal tract removed due to the infections of my injuries I suddenly developed a deathly reaction to red meat. Any minimal hint of it and my body goes into a mode I rather not describe--it takes several IV's, some strong cancer grade nausea meds, and a lot of being pissed off (this calls for immediate medical facility hospitalization.)

I've been on the good food kick for five years now because of it--it was hell. I had to start small and work my way up. It was pretty much identical to what gastric patients go through, except I didn't get the bariatric surgery. I stick to veggies, no carbs, no fried, no sodas, no sugars, and lean meats. It was tough getting use to it because it was so consistent from day to day but after a few years it doesn't bother me that I sometimes eat the same crud three days in a row. Protein shots and juicers make a world of difference when you don't feel like stuffing your stomach!

Keep at it--it gets easier over time. Best wishes!

Oh man, I'm sorry D: I'm glad you're doing better though!

I've stopped regularly drinking soda, I only drink Water and on occasion some warm tea/cold green tea. And the rare Root Beer...because I love it <-<

I have an appointment with my Doctor on the 21st to go over xrays/blood work. Then I have an appointment with a gastrointeroloblahblahblah some time after, may need to get my stomach scoped >-<

I'm really hoping it's just not something that will kill me...
10-08-11, 12:55 AM   #49
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

An interesting read: Link

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Mid-life Crisis