09-11-12, 05:08 AM   #381
nizmo2011
A Defias Bandit
Hello. Would it be ok if i could also have the Fan up date files please? Just i updated it this morning and it doesn't work for me. The fan update did though so would like to stick to that until they get it working. Many thanks.

[email protected]

09-11-12, 10:08 AM   #382
kordeg
A Defias Bandit
can someone please send me the "Carbonite-mop-50407.zip from Rythal" per mail [email protected]

09-11-12, 10:31 AM   #383
relbanan
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
We don't allow links to off-site downloads. Please refrain from posting them. ~ Cairenn

Last edited by Cairenn : 09-12-12 at 11:18 PM.

09-11-12, 11:25 AM   #384
kordeg
A Defias Bandit
relbanan, thank you

09-11-12, 11:38 AM   #385
nizmo2011
A Defias Bandit
Thanks so much for that buddy. Can get back to lvling now

09-11-12, 11:52 AM   #386
shadow78
A Cliff Giant
Angry

so sick of band-aids...
I so don't get this... if you don't have any time.. why not pass it off
Just loved the post about 45 min's to work..
I would love to drive 45 mins to work... I have a hour drive.. work 3rd shift .. 2 kids (5 and 6) wife has a day job and work's after noon's also.. witch mean I get no dam sleep even on my day off... 6 days a week
just to keep up with only 4 bill's and rent..
haven't been able to play wow for over 5-6 month's now .. I handed my guild off to my asst and try to keep 2 add-on's going... witch I think one is going to die (thank's to patch and code).

mind you the 2 add-ons have simple coding.. unlike carbonite.
Would hate to even try to mainten it with the little time I get once a day..
I would not like to do band-aid's.. so I myself would pass/(add him/her to part of team) it to a die hard fan of it( if they know how to code it right).

I used to support the dev's... but after them coming back and NOT even saying thanks to Rythal was the last straw.
I hope Rythal will make his own.. Using His own code ( code that blizzard says should be able to be read able by all) NOT this Hardcoded add-on ..
Oh and this copyright s*** won't be able to be pass to his .. diffident coding
There I said My peace.

Last edited by shadow78 : 09-13-12 at 07:57 AM.

09-11-12, 12:41 PM   #387
Naojie
A Kobold Labourer
"Fan Update" - Sorry to see you pulled you updates.

A little birdie told me that Carbonite's new update has a ton of glitches. I'm so happy I didn't buy into that update. Your's is working perfectly for me! I'm hoping you will consider coming up with a program of your own. I'd be very willing to donate to the cause. It doesn't appear that the Carbonite people are that much interested in the program. I know it's time consuming and takes away from your game time, but your efforts are very much appreciated from this player!

09-11-12, 01:08 PM   #388
blackpups
A Fallenroot Satyr
I seem to have lost, or never saved, the link to Rythal's fan update. Would someone mind sending it to me please?

09-11-12, 01:16 PM   #389
Draven006
A Fallenroot Satyr
My Rantings!

Hey Guys and Galls
I have a few things to say so please bare with me.
FIRST. Rythal you are fantastic, you have done a great job and I am sure we all adore you for your time, energy and the sheer fact that you stayed in contact with the other fans on this forum.

SECOND. I have personally not found any "bugs" YET in the Official release, but in saying that I still prefer the fact that Rythal went to the effort of placing the Pandarian maps in (unlike the DEV's).

THRID. Map issue not showing more than the 3 surrounding zones. This IS caused by TWO things. One is the "ZONE MAP" or "BATTLE MAP". if you cannot see it sometimes it hides behind things on your UI. so "Shift+M" will toggle it on or off. Second thing that causes this is other addons that ALSO share the "ZONE MAP" or "BATTLE MAP". e.g. Archy (addon). ... Side note, if you map flickers then disable "Tom-tom" and just use the Tom-tom Emulator" inside Carbonite.

FOURTH. Rythal---------- PLEASE make your own addon ... use your own code, the maps do not belong to carbonite, they belong to the game. strip out all the junk that carbonite is using, and make a nice streamline addon. if you are worried about the questing DB, maybe make something that players can upload quests that they have completed and make it a "Fan enhanced" addon. I say make a posting for features that players would want to use in "YOUR" addon, or even make separate "Modules" that we can choose what we want.

FIFTH and LAST. I am appalled at the DEV's of carbonite for their lack of Acknowledgement to Rythal, and I would rather donate to Rythal for being a real person and not just a dark shadow DEV. I mean really the lazy Carbonite developer couldn't even change is Radio buttons on his download page under the "Vote for a new feature when you donate: " Cos the second line down still says "Update items database for 4.0" I mean WTF??????

Ok enough said by me, I'm keeping Rythals Zip file just in case :-)

09-11-12, 01:28 PM   #390
mitchsb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
This is going to sound a bit wishy-washy, but so be it.

I've been reading a lot of the posts concerning the Carbonite devs. On the one hand, I understand those who want 1. updates when a new version comes out 2. a word or two from the devs that a new version is coming out 3. a little better attitude toward those who help out. Carbonite is not just ANY addon. It does a HELL of a lot for the game. I've read on one blog that we shouldn't get attached to any one addon. Well, that's fine, but NO addon does everything that Carbonite does the way it does. It makes the game SO much easier to play. So, yes, we do depend on it and yes, it would be great if the devs communicated a little more with the community about what is going on. In addition, when a volunteer offers to help the devs out and fix problems with a particular version, there should not be anything from the devs but a hearty thank you. Their attitude is what bothers me most about this whole situation.

On the OTHER hand, I understand the concerns of the devs. This is after all a completely volunteer effort. Yes, they do ask for donations, but I doubt very much that they make enough to cover their time and skill developing this addon. They also don't play the game anymore. If it were me, I'd probably have dropped development of Carbonite long ago. But, they haven't (not yet). And, let's not forget folks that we are talking about an addon for a GAME. We all have lives outside WOW as do the developers of Carbonite.

There's my rant...

And 2 more things. The new version is working great for me. Keep up the good work devs. And, Rythal, I will be keeping an eye on what you do. Your fan version wasn't perfect, but it was a welcome thing. Let us know when you do have something up and running.

Last edited by mitchsb : 09-11-12 at 01:33 PM.

09-11-12, 01:38 PM   #391
mitchsb
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by Draven006 View Post
FOURTH. Rythal---------- PLEASE make your own addon ... use your own code, the maps do not belong to carbonite, they belong to the game. strip out all the junk that carbonite is using, and make a nice streamline addon. if you are worried about the questing DB, maybe make something that players can upload quests that they have completed and make it a "Fan enhanced" addon. I say make a posting for features that players would want to use in "YOUR" addon, or even make separate "Modules" that we can choose what we want.
I vote for a more modular version of Carbonite. I use a lot of the features of the addon, but certainly not all of them. In addition, some parts of Carbonite are more useful at particular times. It'd be nice to be able to customize the features depending on the situation.

And, Rythal, I said it in my last post, and I agree. Please make an addon that does some if not all of the things that Carbonite does. However, make it completely open sourced and available for anybody to make changes.

09-11-12, 03:43 PM   #392
Pennet
An Aku'mai Servant
<cough>

I added Rythal's 50407 update to my zipped copy of 4.301, and uploaded it to a popular file sharing service, one that involves eyepatches and wenches and ARRGH! It's indexed and searchable now.

09-11-12, 08:04 PM   #393
Michaelgal
A Murloc Raider
I think it is just disgusting what the authors of the addon are doing to there once paying customers, addon users, and their own work. They continue to keep their donation page open, yet clearly just posted "don't expect anything in return." They won't allow someone else to help keep the addon up to date. They release a half assed update that was worse than the fan update.

How could you do this to the people that gave you their hard earned money? How can you do this to you own work? Why do us people that love your addon have to suffer because you can no longer make tons of money off of it? Why can't you just let the fans of the mod help out with the updating?

If someone (poke: rythal) can make their own addon that has a similar map to this one, let me know and ill be your first donator. You can obviously do a better job.

09-11-12, 08:05 PM   #394
DJ Particle
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Rythal's update woks with 5.041 as well, by the way... And that way, the other 3 folders don't come up as "Out of date"

09-11-12, 08:08 PM   #395
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by Pennet View Post
<cough>

I added Rythal's 50407 update to my zipped copy of 4.301, and uploaded it to a popular file sharing service, one that involves eyepatches and wenches and ARRGH! It's indexed and searchable now.
It wasn't yours to upload to anywhere.

09-11-12, 08:52 PM   #396
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Kreelor View Post
It wasn't yours to upload to anywhere.
Since when has that ever stopped the self-centered entitlement crowd?

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

09-11-12, 09:37 PM   #397
Cherio
A Fallenroot Satyr
By the way Rythal update works in Beta perfectly Pnadaria map zoom etc, I know in live it doesnt look like it, because Pandaria is not enabled yet i guess
in beta maps and quests worked OK for me , I can live aith any bugs in it

bottom line

I DONT WANT ANY FURTHER UPDATE FROM DEVS, I HOPE AM WRONG BUT SEEMS THIS IS AN INTENTIONAL BREAK IN LAST UPDATE
I repeat before every one jump on that I HOPE AM WRONG
they own addon in their eyes , while its a blizz property anyway the maps , the usage etc, it worth zero without WOW ... they lost my respect

Rythal and other addons authors build something better for god sake and you will have most popular addon in wow, and world players support, I understand that addon devs also want to enjoy game like us ( real devs who update addons) , so hopefully after MOP launch hype we will see something better, and eclipse Carbonite

Last edited by Cherio : 09-11-12 at 09:41 PM.

09-11-12, 09:56 PM   #398
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
Originally Posted by Cherio View Post
By the way Rythal update works in Beta perfectly Pnadaria map zoom etc, I know in live it doesnt look like it, because Pandaria is not enabled yet i guess
in beta maps and quests worked OK for me , I can live aith any bugs in it

bottom line

I DONT WANT ANY FURTHER UPDATE FROM DEVS, I HOPE AM WRONG BUT SEEMS THIS IS AN INTENTIONAL BREAK IN LAST UPDATE
I repeat before every one jump on that I HOPE AM WRONG
they own addon in their eyes , while its a blizz property anyway the maps , the usage etc, it worth zero without WOW ... they lost my respect

Rythal and other addons authors build something better for god sake and you will have most popular addon in wow, and world players support, I understand that addon devs also want to enjoy game like us ( real devs who update addons) , so hopefully after MOP launch hype we will see something better, and eclipse Carbonite
It wasn't intentional, if you look at the current bugs they are all bugs I had in my initial release aswell... it is easy to overlook small things that don't pop up right away or don't generate any errors (except the map vanishing... I had that bug before my first release, and it's why transparencies were broken in mine for so long since I had disabled them until I tracked down why it was happening).

09-12-12, 09:01 AM   #399
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by MidgetMage55 View Post
Since when has that ever stopped the self-centered entitlement crowd?
Your reply was funny, yet true!

09-12-12, 09:27 AM   #400
Kreelor
A Firelord

Take a deep breath... relax a little bit.

I've known Faatal for many years (not on a personal level) but only through these forums. He has ALWAYS been a gentleman, diligent in his efforts, persistent in striving for a better-working product, and always kind and friendly to forum members.

I believe he is a man of integrity. And, when he says that his family and other life issues must come before constant focus on this addon for a game, I believe him. But, just like many other people here, I've been frustrated and have wondered why neither he nor anybody else he is associated with (related to this addon, website, etc.) has not posted any kind of statement (sooner, even a long time ago!) which could have averted the confusion, frustration, and fears that many of us users have had.

I won't dare criticize him after he's done so much for so many people for so many years! I remember when he lost a loved one, and it hurt me deeply, because I know that kind of pain! Life has strange turns of events, but it usually works out eventually. He has always been kind and helpful to me, and so have the forum administrator's, even when at times, -I- wasn't so kind in my words when I was frustrated and impatient.

Faatal, and the entire Carbonite 'team' are always in my prayers. Please, don't cast stones unless you, yourself, have never failed to meet the expectations of others.

Neither you nor I know what is working in his heart, mind, and spirit. Don't be so quick to judge.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite 5.04