02-08-09, 12:19 PM   #1
twiget
A Murloc Raider
Quest Givers

I'm working on the questing achievements, and I have found plenty of addons that help with completing quests, but none of them actually help with finding the quest givers. As we all know, alt-tabbing to Thott or where ever to find quest givers is a PITA. I am looking for an addon that will alert me to quest givers in my area. Does such a thing exist?
02-08-09, 12:35 PM   #2
Mera
Retired of WoW, In ESO :)

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
did you tried QuestHelper ? if I remember correctly it moves the pointer back to the quest giver once you have completed the quest.
Mera[xeh]? - La CroisadeEcarlate (wow)
02-08-09, 12:42 PM   #3
twiget
A Murloc Raider
Yep, I use QuestHelper and it is great for actually doing the quests. What I'm looking for is an addon that tells me where quest givers are in each area so I can do those quests and move on.
02-08-09, 01:26 PM   #4
Mera

Premium Member
I see yep QH is great but you have to take the quest for the infos , I don't know how is thottbot but usually to do that I use wowhead it has some handy filters like http://www.wowhead.com/?quests, I click the "Create Filter" then there is tons of new filters by zone, factions etc etc so you could get enough quickly an very strong list of all quests available in the zone , npc giver nor dropable items etc + you get it in several languages just by clicking a button etc , for example I use it often to identify only quest giving reputations to X factions so I don't waste my time on useless quests etc
But I agree this is a bit long and boring to alt tab and look if u have done w quest etc but I don't think a mod can handle all these infos nor not very enjoyable to code =).

Last edited by Mera : 02-08-09 at 01:29 PM.
02-08-09, 01:54 PM   #5
twiget
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the link. I have not spent much time on Wowhead. I like their filtering better than Thott's.
02-08-09, 02:30 PM   #6
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I'm not sure about Carbonite Quest (free version), but I do know Carbonite (paid version) has an option to show all quest givers on the map for the current zone you are in. It also shows Daily quest givers on the map for the current zone.
02-08-09, 05:58 PM   #7
twiget
A Murloc Raider
Thanks for the links Silenia, I'll check them out.

BTW, your 2008 epic post is hilarious!
02-08-09, 07:39 PM   #8
Mera

Premium Member
lol yeah I wonder if the 2008 one is a fake or not, the dude is so hilarous and the blue replies lol
02-08-09, 07:40 PM   #9
Kodewulf
Premium Member

Premium Member
If you use Cartographer this might be helpful as well:

Cartographer QuestInfo

Cartographer QuestInfo (Development) might be more up to date, but can be more buggy as WowAce is more for development versions.
02-10-09, 01:50 PM   #10
Zolhex
A Murloc Raider

Cartographer with the quest add on has an option in it that lets you show all quest givers on a map.

The only down side is it shows them even if you have done all the quests from that npc but at least ya know where to go look in a zone.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » Quest Givers