04-08-09, 02:45 PM   #1
SirLLoydCyrus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
minimap buttons...vanished?

i just got carbonite the way i like it. blizzard minimap docked just to the left of the carbonite minimap, that way i can see quests and nearby herbs/nodes on the map easily, but i noticed i'm missing a particular minimap button - the search button...or whateer it's called. the one where you click and get a menu of options to search for; repair, herbs, minerals, reagen vendors, etc.

i took the minimap buttons off the minimap and with the carbonite button instead and i DID see that particular minimap button, but when i reload the UI with the buttons around the minimap it vanishes. of course i tried movign all the buttons to see if maybe it was hidden underneath something else; this doesnt seem to e the case. even before i changed the UI i went into the map options; i figured there would be an option near the option to take out the map and scheduler button, but i did not see anyting for the tracking button.

am i missing something here? not sure which direction to look in anymore, maybe i overlooked something?

04-09-09, 10:50 AM   #2
Unbelievable
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

I'd start by checking if you have any other mods active that may be hiding the tracking button. Elkano Buff Bar has been known to do this. If you use any minimap modding mods like Sexymap, check the settings to make sure the tracking button isn't set to auto-hide.

If you've eliminated other mods as a cause, then allow Carbonite to move minimap buttons into it's own frame. This should show all of the minimap icons (and the clock) in a seperate frame with no overlapping buttons. With any luck you should see the tracking button again. If so then it was probably obscured by another button when layed out around the minimap.

You can then uncheck the option (moving the buttons back to the minimap edge) and move the minimap buttons around until you find it.

I hope this helps

04-10-09, 10:42 PM   #3
SirLLoydCyrus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
well, first thing i tried is seperating the minimap icons from the minimap. i DO get the tracking icon back, but i can't move them independantly. i looked for an option to break them apart manually, but i could not find any.

as for loading all other addons, just loading the carbonite addon of course gets rid of all the other minimap icons, but the tracking icon is still nowhere to be found. though i have noticed that both carbonite itself and DBM go all over the place when i change the setup - this i dont understand, but isnt a real concern.

odd nuissance i just noticed. i ahve the options checked to show the carbonite minimap button and the calender button, but not the world map button. i click "show world map button" and it doesnt appear. took the other two out and it's not obscured. if it is obscured, i dont know how the heck i can unobscure it.

thought it might magically appear when i decided to show the full size minimap instead of the scaled one, but i guess it's not working with me today.

04-10-09, 11:52 PM   #4
SirLLoydCyrus
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
well, i should like to propose an alternative solution to the issue. instead of worrying about the minimap tracking button, i would like to focus on finding certain things like reagent vendors or repair merchents on the OTHER map. such as points of interest. but so far i can see innkeepers, gryphon masters and auctioneers, but not reagent or other types of vendors. there should be a display option for certain POI's of this nature but i cant seem to find any that will help.

07-08-09, 01:41 AM   #5
SantoryuAssassin
A Kobold Labourer
I have a similar problem, the only minimap button that shows up is the one for carbonite. I've tried everything that has been said and more, and none of it works... It was fine up until I tried to make a new character.

08-15-10, 02:39 PM   #6
robertheadley
A Defias Bandit
I too just started experiencing this problem. I thought It was because I had recently enabled out of date addons, but I removed the out of date addons and I am still getting the problem.

08-15-10, 07:44 PM   #7
Halfdead
A Kobold Labourer
Im experiencing this problem too. Im not sure what happened, everything but the button for carbonite disappeared.

09-12-10, 09:22 AM   #8
crayo
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by SantoryuAssassin View Post
I have a similar problem, the only minimap button that shows up is the one for carbonite. I've tried everything that has been said and more, and none of it works... It was fine up until I tried to make a new character.
I have this problem on my laptop. I copied the settings from my desktop over to my laptop and now my character(s) have all the minimap buttons showing if I play on my desktop but only the Carbonite button shows if I play on my laptop. I haven't been able to get the minimap buttons to appear in the Carbonite frame no matter what I have attempted.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » minimap buttons...vanished?