01-11-08, 08:57 AM   #21
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by khangg
Those are awesome But I don't use Trinity Was wondering if you could make the square one, without the shine, but with the white outline with cyCircled? It's a lot of work but it'd be awesome if you did
I second khangg Would love the set above (in Tonedef's post for today at 3:04 AM) for cycircled if it is at all possible. I'm using cycircled-ciath at the moment, but I seriously have a thing for those shiny black buttons lol.

Great job on what you've done so far!
01-11-08, 08:44 PM   #22
Tonedef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
UPDATE ON PAGE 1!

@Artemis64: I am currently not porting any glossy buttons over to cyCircled until I an find a better way for the addon to handle textures. I have sent a PM to the author and still awaiting response.
01-11-08, 09:26 PM   #23
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
sadly, for me, the gloss effect over the button graphics obscures the underlying icons sufficiently that it is hard for me to interact with them visually (specifically, the brighter top half of the buttons, simulating specular highlights on a top-lit surface, come across more as "glare" than as a 3d effect)...

maybe its my gamma, or something. anyway, less "gloss" would be helpful, IMO.

i will try playing with them for a few days, and see if i can adapt.
01-11-08, 09:31 PM   #24
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Tonedef
Oooo, very sexy indeed.
01-11-08, 09:48 PM   #25
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by acapela
sadly, for me, the gloss effect over the button graphics obscures the underlying icons sufficiently that it is hard for me to interact with them visually (specifically, the brighter top half of the buttons, simulating specular highlights on a top-lit surface, come across more as "glare" than as a 3d effect)...

maybe its my gamma, or something. anyway, less "gloss" would be helpful, IMO.

i will try playing with them for a few days, and see if i can adapt.
Yeah, I usually find myself using more matte cyCircled skins myself, too.

@Tonedef: I don't know what site you sent a PM on (or to whom), but post in the official cyCircled thread on wowace. That's the mod's home - the version here was posted by its original author and hasn't been updated since 2006.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-11-08, 10:45 PM   #26
Junnay
A Defias Bandit

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
God... Those square ones... Too pretty.
This is the only thing since about six months ago (when I tried Trinity and CyCircled for my first and last time) that have made me wanna try Trinity/CyCircled out.
01-11-08, 11:09 PM   #27
Dreadlorde
A Pyroguard Emberseer

The square ones are sexy.

Funtoo - Plan 9 - Windows 7
01-12-08, 12:14 AM   #28
iljott
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

Nice, really nice! Would love it if they were compatible with cyCircled too! Keep it up!
01-12-08, 12:25 AM   #29
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Now that I've had a chance to look at them in-game I think they are too glossy now. it's obscures a clear view of the buttons. I know many love the uberlipglossfromhell look but I actually thought the initial release was a nice happy medium between insane gloss and matte.
Anyway, still they look good.
01-12-08, 01:53 AM   #30
Tonedef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Currently, after days of testing, I am very happy with the Gloss, and have received much praise. So for the time being I am going to focus on making hexagon buttons. I am not going to release a lower gloss version and having tons of files scattered around. I am looking into possibly making these skins into a standalone Trinity Mod, then I will release different versions.

One thing you can do is DL the first release and copy the sheen texture from there and overwrite the new one. You can get the old file by clicking on my name on the filefront page to see my other files.
01-12-08, 02:35 AM   #31
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Currently, after days of testing, I am very happy with the Gloss, and have received much praise. So for the time being I am going to focus on making hexagon buttons. I am not going to release a lower gloss version and having tons of files scattered around. I am looking into possibly making these skins into a standalone Trinity Mod, then I will release different versions.

One thing you can do is DL the first release and copy the sheen texture from there and overwrite the new one. You can get the old file by clicking on my name on the filefront page to see my other files.
Which is exactly what I did. I had it on my desktop already. I was just giving feedback on the glossiness with my experience in-game. Artwork is very much eye of the beholder type stuff.
There seems to be this weird moment in feedback giving where one post or comment is to many. I think I went over that obscure little threshold. I wasn't trying to suggest you redo and change anything again.
I look forward to seeing what you do with the hex buttons. While I've never actually liked any version I've ever seen of hex (or the ever ugly sprockets) I also thought I'd never like a round button either, and here I am using them.

Last edited by Syxx : 01-12-08 at 02:38 AM.
01-12-08, 03:05 PM   #32
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
yes, this works better for me. i can actually make them out. they do, however, appear less sculpted, and more like normal buttons, which is probably why most people prefer the "extreme high gloss" look..

for myself, i am going to opt in favor of the old sheen. this delivers a slightly nicer look, but doesn't render my UI illegible, and doesn't induce eye strain.

i suppose if the "extreme high gloss" option becomes the only option, at some point in the future, i can just uninstall the whole thing and go back to buttons i can actually see :-(.
01-12-08, 03:41 PM   #33
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

@Artemis64: I am currently not porting any glossy buttons over to cyCircled until I an find a better way for the addon to handle textures. I have sent a PM to the author and still awaiting response.
Thank you Even if you can't port them over, the fact that you are willing sure does mean a lot!
01-14-08, 09:02 PM   #34
Tonedef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
cyCircled: Adornment. Keep an eye out!

Alright, since I have been asked by multiple people, I have ported mat (without gloss) versions of these skins to cyCircled.

cyCircled: Adornment
DOWNLOAD NOW!!

ALSO!

cyCircled skins are available in the Trinity skin selections, so if you want the non-gloss versions for Trinity, you should also download 'cyCircled' & 'cyCircled: Adornment'.

Hope you all enjoy them!

Last edited by Tonedef : 01-14-08 at 09:23 PM.
01-14-08, 09:40 PM   #35
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Thank you, Tonedef. I may actually use circle buttons now.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

01-15-08, 05:09 PM   #36
Tonedef
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The Trinity only versions (Gloss) have just been released as a standalone as well!!

TrinityBars 2.0: Adornment

Also included is Hexagon buttons!

Keep an eye out, I will post the link when approved!

You must remove the following textures from 'trinitybars2/images' and replace the "trinitybars2/TrinityBars2.buttonSkins.lua" with its original:

Code:
GlowRoundButton.tga
GlowRoundDark_Frame.tga
GlowRoundButtonChecked.tga
GlowRoundButtonSheen.tga
GlowRoundButtonFlash.tga
GlowRoundButtonHighlight.tga
GlowSquare_Frame.tga
GlowSquareDark_Frame.tga
GlowSquare_Sheen.tga
GlowSquare_Flash.tga
GlowSquare_Highlight.tga
GlowSquare_Checked.tga

Note: This final release does not contain the changes to the Trinity interface itself, if you are to replace any files for Trinity2 (not TrinityBars2) that you downloaded from my original files, you will lose the interface changes I made.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » Alpha/Beta AddOns and Compilations » Trinity 2.0 Visual Makeover