11-06-08, 12:30 AM   #1
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
My First SELF MADE Texture!!

Hey hey all... making this post cause i am very happy atm cause i have spent the last day or 2 learning how to creat my own textures for people to use in UI's and nobody is awake in the house right now and i MUST share with somebody.... So since this community has been so nice i wanted to share with you .

The pic below is my own design / artworkd and NOT a rip from anywhere... and the best part is... IT'S MY FIRST ONE!! .../pats self. Some feedback would be cool as i plan on creating A TON of art for people to freely use in there UI's. Onto the pic

The Gree is Transparent and and the White background isn't actually there... it is ready to go to be used without any complications .

So what you think? for my first design ever yoyu all think i did ok hehe ?

I was going for an industrial techy look

Last edited by Rabbit007 : 11-06-08 at 12:32 AM. Reason: Added more
11-06-08, 12:53 AM   #2
tintingurl
A Frostmaul Preserver

oh spiffy i like.
11-06-08, 12:59 AM   #3
Elloria
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Rabbit007 View Post
Hey hey all... making this post cause i am very happy atm cause i have spent the last day or 2 learning how to creat my own textures for people to use in UI's and nobody is awake in the house right now and i MUST share with somebody.... So since this community has been so nice i wanted to share with you .

The pic below is my own design / artworkd and NOT a rip from anywhere... and the best part is... IT'S MY FIRST ONE!! .../pats self. Some feedback would be cool as i plan on creating A TON of art for people to freely use in there UI's. Onto the pic

The Gree is Transparent and and the White background isn't actually there... it is ready to go to be used without any complications .

So what you think? for my first design ever yoyu all think i did ok hehe ?

I was going for an industrial techy look
Really nice work there my dear. I would use that as either a minimap unit frame combo or just a unit frame (square for the portraint and bars for health and mana.) Really for your first id say thats impressive can't wait to see what else you can pump out for us!
11-06-08, 01:29 AM   #4
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Gratz on getting it going man. Keep it up .
11-06-08, 01:31 AM   #5
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Very nice. Definitely one i would pillage for personal use. **whistles casually**

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
11-06-08, 09:14 AM   #6
erica647
A Cobalt Mageweaver

I'm always very appreciative of anyone willing to share some nice art like this!
11-06-08, 10:19 AM   #7
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
As Elloria said, a minimap would look good in the big square, but I'd personally put buttons in the rectangles as opposed to unit frames. I also agree with her opinion that it would work as a unit frame background, too, with the portrait (would need ZMobDB) in the big square.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

11-06-08, 11:03 AM   #8
Rabbit007
A Black Drake
Wow all thanks for all the supposrt =D. I can see that this is gonna be a good idea .

I never thought of it for a minimap graphic also, was intended to be a Unit Frame .

But hey see... this is what i mean... gonna be cool to see what you all come up with when i get this pack done for download.

Not to spoin it but i am going for an Industrial pack and as my skills grow will get to more complex images.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » My First SELF MADE Texture!!