09-27-09, 02:32 AM   #1
Jazy1993
A Kobold Labourer
Exclamation Carbonite Private Server Error

i've just downloaded carbonite, and i followed the rules to install it on windows xp, i started the game but when i connected with my character carbonite was'nt working and the message "Carbonite Private Server Error" appeared, y verifyed all the files and foldersthat are supposed to be in AddOns folder and they all where there, please help me, iplay in a server called OmegaWoW and i use the 3.1.3gb version, what should i do?

09-27-09, 02:37 AM   #2
Torhal
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
You should play on an official server.

The error you're seeing is basically saying "You're playing on a private server. Buggar off!"

I agree with the error message.

Author of NPCScan and many other AddOns.

09-27-09, 03:13 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The error is very much intentional.

Private servers are against the ToS and EULA and as an official fan site they abide by those documents.

As Torhal said you should pony up the dough and play on an official server.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

09-27-09, 03:21 AM   #4
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Discussion of Private Servers, in any manner other than theoretical, is completely against our rules. We are an Official Fan Site. We follow Blizzard's rules, on top of our own rules.

Threads requesting assistance with Private Servers get locked. Repeated postings get you banned.
FaceBook Profile, Page, Group
Avatar Image by RaffaeleMarinetti

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Private Server Error