08-28-09, 05:17 PM   #1
kittenbites
A Murloc Raider
Umx?

When I went to download the 3.22 version, it wasn't a zip file. It was called a umx attachment, and is unopenable. I tried loading the previous version back in, saw it in my addon button, checked load out of date. Thye game opens in normal version, with a carbonite icon attached to the round minimap that I can't interact with. I've attached a screenshot of the download screen. I miss Carbonite. Help?
Attached Files
File Type: doc UMX Error.doc (40.5 KB, 638 views)

08-29-09, 12:54 AM   #2
Zyonin
Coffee powered Kaldorei

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If the the attached file is supposed be a screenshot, then why is it a Word 200x .doc file? Screenshots should be an image format such as .jpg, .png, .gif or .bmp. In this day and age of malware, I do not open random .doc files even though I am running Linux.

08-29-09, 06:42 AM   #3
kittenbites
A Murloc Raider
Re:

OK.....so how do you save a screenshot as a jpeg?

08-29-09, 10:22 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

Take a screenshot using the assigned screenshot button (usually labeled PrtScr or similar).

Open Paint / Photoshop / Gimp / <insert name of graphical editor here>.

Press CTRL + V.

Go to the File menu, then select Save as...

Enter a file name, and optionally select the output format (jpg, gif, bmp, png, et cetera - jpg is recommended).

Now you have a screenshot picture.

08-29-09, 11:09 AM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Here's the doc as a jpg for you. I'm not sure why it would try to save that way either.

Kittenbites, try this link and see if you still get a UMX file. http://www.wowinterface.com/download...2965-Carbonite
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	untitled.JPG
Views:	682
Size:	121.9 KB
ID:	3265  

08-30-09, 02:22 AM   #6
kittenbites
A Murloc Raider
Umx?

Thanks Vis. Still get the same error. I'm afraid it's a bigger problem. Appreciate the help.

08-30-09, 05:47 PM   #7
Hentaya
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
EFW / UmxAttachmentFile solution

Originally Posted by kittenbites View Post
've attached a screenshot of the download screen. I miss Carbonite. Help?

http://www.fileinfo.com/extension/efw says that Compressed .ZIP or executable .EXE file renamed by CA Security Centre to have a ".efw" extension; typically applies to e-mail attachments scanned by Computer Associates (CA) antivirus software.

If you search on "UmxAttachmentFile" (which is what your computer is telling you an .EFW file is), you'll see that it's definitely the CA Antivirus Firewall and/or the CA Security Center, doing this.

You'll also find MANY people UTTERLY confused by the whole thing.

So, save the file, change the extension to ZIP and see if you can unzip it then. If not, turn off whatever CA product you have, and reissue the download.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Umx?