08-21-09, 02:09 PM   #21
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, it's official. *checks calendar* Nope not April 1st yet.

http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/splash-cataclysm.htm

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818
08-21-09, 02:39 PM   #22
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
I was wondering if I'm the only one not particularly impressed that almost every piece of information on the leaks has been confirmed (and I'm not talking about the leak in itself but rather the new "expansion). I will refrain from thoroughly commenting on the actual changes, since fact is we don't know that much yet and obviously a lots of things are not set in stone. Suffice to say a couple of more races and race/class combos, 5 more levels, a change of looks in the old zones and a few more places like Grim Batol and Uldum that could have easily been offered in a content patch, isn't exactly my definition on "WoW". Let's hope there is more substance to it.
08-21-09, 02:47 PM   #23
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

The information gathered from www.worldofwarcraft.com/cataclysm is pretty much "set in stone", though.
08-21-09, 03:23 PM   #24
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Dammit, it looks like I'll be back in Azeroth again. That video announcing this looks really awesome.
08-21-09, 03:30 PM   #25
us2006027321
A Frostmaul Preserver

Cataclysm looks awful. They better not be charging much. Only 5 levels of increase? Worgen and Goblins? (Really?) There were so many better options for pursuing storyline...

I think somebody combined crack, caffeine, and a looming deadline and it resulted in this...

*frown*

08-21-09, 04:47 PM   #26
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by us2006027321 View Post
Cataclysm looks awful. They better not be charging much. Only 5 levels of increase? Worgen and Goblins? (Really?) There were so many better options for pursuing storyline...

I think somebody combined crack, caffeine, and a looming deadline and it resulted in this...

*frown*
I'm actually excited by this now that it's announced. It looks to be interesting and not just focused on a new "discovered" landmass/planet but actually redoing some of the old world to mix things up a little.
Anyhow, as to price. I'm sure Blizz will charge the standard $39.99 for it because millions will pay it. :P
The Worgen look pretty neat but I'd don't play Alliance (Bleh). the Goblins look silly no matter how mean they try to make them look but I hear that their racial mount is a Dune buggy. So that might make up for it and I'm sure I'll have to make myself a mod to shut that sound up when i stand at the bank and 10 goblins are all idling in their buggies. hehe
08-21-09, 05:33 PM   #27
Jesamyn
<This Space for Rent>

Tearing up the old world interests me. Goblins make me shudder in revulsion. None of it matters to me personally if TOR comes out first.
08-21-09, 06:13 PM   #28
acapela
A Cobalt Mageweaver
Originally Posted by Syxx View Post
The Worgen look pretty neat but I'd don't play Alliance (Bleh).
holy cow (ugh, sorry)... Worgen as a playable race! and all i ever really hoped for was a solid endgame instance that featured them (though what constitutes an endgame instance is a continuously moving target). i just wanted to see more of them (and now it looks like that desire will be gratified; a whole start area full of them ). Worgen have been my favorite character models of any sort in the entire game, from day 0, since the Son of Arugal dry-gulched my first toon and Pyrewood Village was actually a dangerous place.

that fist-clenching/knuckle-cracking gesture they make is beautiful (hope they work that into the body language for the race; in fact, it deserves an emote).

going to be interesting. Tauren "used to be" my favorite race... i play a human in real-life, and honestly, what sane person wants to be one in an RPG? heh, don't go overboard on the whole day/night thing, i want fur 24/7.

so, this would be perfect, and i have no problem rolling new toons, except... i agree... having to go Alliance in order to access the race would be a terrible disincentive <shudder>

this speculation regarding a new faction would offer an ideal solution. "new" anything will be popular, looks like they plan on more discontinuous geography in this expansion anyway, faction transfers (assuming they kowtow and even allow them to the "new" races, to begin with) would then presumably be symmetric for both horde and alliance, and PvP might actually become... tolerable? (i don't know if i could use the word "interesting", that might go too far.)

dunno if Blizzard is that adventurous, but here's to their Alliance subscribers talking them into something like this.
Zippy said it best: "All life is a BLUR of Republicans and Meat!"

Last edited by acapela : 08-21-09 at 06:15 PM.
08-21-09, 07:17 PM   #29
Syxx
An Onyxian Warder

Originally Posted by Jesamyn View Post
Tearing up the old world interests me. Goblins make me shudder in revulsion. None of it matters to me personally if TOR comes out first.
By TOR I'm guessing you mean Star Wars: The Old Republic? If so, I wholeheartedly agree. Depending on how awesome SW:TOR is I might forget about WoW for a while.
I'm not really into the goblins either. Horde finally gets their version of annoying gnomes.

I wonder what the Worgen Mount will be? Maybe they can pull their human half out of their fur and ride them like a cheap mule.
08-21-09, 07:57 PM   #30
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Racials were announced: www.mmo-champion.com

I am excited for the expansion. I enjoy the idea of re-doing all of the zones. It should be cool.

(Oh, and just to let you know: the zone changes will be occurring as a whole. This means that no matter if you have the expansion or not, you will see the new "revamped" zones to level in. Everything else will be from the expansion.)
08-21-09, 08:30 PM   #31
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Just when my guild was hoping for a new short race blizzard ruins it by making them horde. Other than that it looks interesting. Should be lots of fun.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
08-21-09, 08:55 PM   #32
gmhowell
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Yeah, TOR looks awesome. What? Windows only? See ya in Azeroth.

Cause the changes look incredible. I'm curious, how would you naysayers breathe some life into Kalimdor and Eastern Kingdoms? Between a friend, a girlfriend, and a kid who just started playing, I'm seeing a ton of those places, and they are all boring suckfests. Given that I can no longer play 40 hours per week, I'm not geared enough to play with the big kids in end game raids and instances, so more soloable content is a great thing.

Ok, gotta go, my kid wants me to level his toons to 20 before I see him again.

Last edited by gmhowell : 08-21-09 at 08:56 PM. Reason: misspelling that was irking me
08-21-09, 09:46 PM   #33
lilsparky
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
looks like there are going to be some nice graphics improvements. finally blizz have gotten around to making the water actually reflect the environment.

maybe the goal here to to ship out more frequent updates and have them smaller and... gulp... cheaper?

i wonder... if i don't buy the expansion, will it save azeroth from being cataclysm'd?
08-21-09, 11:18 PM   #34
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

No. The "cataclysm" effects will occur to everyone; whether they have the expansion or not.
08-22-09, 02:07 AM   #35
Republic
Paladin

Someone important needs to step in and halt progress on this "expansion". That person also needs to inform the lunatics developing the game that recolored mounts, reworked old instance bosses, and new vanity pets do not equal an expansion. Mixing up races and classes is a sure sign the development is at wit's end, and has possibly been there for some time. Worgen? Goblins? Who cares? Reworking existing content is not any type of addition. Am I the only one that sees it this way? Azeroth should be (have been) finished long ago and the rest of this crap is just new ways of not really taking the game anywhere new. The "finishes" to Azeroth is just one aspect that has always made this game feel like a paid beta imo. Onyxia was fun the first time through in vanilla wow. I honestly don't care to have that be the new hot instance, then again I'm one who has yet to set foot in this Trial of the Champion nonsense. I remember the Argent tourney area before when it was called Isle of Quel'Danas.

I don't mean to sound negative but I get sick of recycled junk being passed off as new. I don't even know what this game is about anymore. It sure isn't the one that I've been playing for 4 years.

/getting bored with this game
08-22-09, 09:22 AM   #36
Grimsin
A Molten Giant

The changes are great to some degree. Some of the changes sound horrid. But all in all, watching blizzcon and I think ultimately they are heading in a productive direction with it. Only 5 levels because they want to leave room for more expansions before 100 since they plan to stop the leveling there. goblins and worgen were easy to fit into the story line. although i think werewolves should have been a horde race... oh well right? The goblins are cool, some awesome mounts they have.

BTW surprised no one has mentioned the fact that our toons are being totally revamped as well? no more spell power! or attack power? OMG? hunters no longer have mana??? Warlocks shards are not in the bag anymore?? Ammo wont be a consumable?!?! OMG

One of my big questions is are they going to give us another char slot? since technically the hardcore gamers are going to have all 10 char slots used up.

Hopefully ill get the answer during the rest of blizzcon.

GrimUI
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
08-22-09, 10:30 AM   #37
Cralor
Mmm... cookies!!!

Republic, I think it's time for a new game for you.

It's not just a "re-done" Azeroth. Entire zones are re-done. Look at Western Plaguelands for example. It is now a 35-40 zone. Many areas where Horde or Alliance had a base might not have it there. Or, it has been modified. Look at Zoramgar Outpost for example. It now is a real "town" with fortification and things: http://static.mmo-champion.com/mmoc/...wpanel_061.jpg

Overall, viewing all the new zones and re-done ones, I think it will be a good expansion and it makes me want to level new characters again.
08-22-09, 11:25 AM   #38
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Cralor View Post
Overall, viewing all the new zones and re-done ones, I think it will be a good expansion and it makes me want to level new characters again.
I agree. With the changes to the zones, the new quests, the new terrain, etc, etc, leveling will be new, fun, and exciting again.

This isn't just reworked/reskinned content here. This is also stuff that they've been meaning to put in all along, but have been waiting for the right time. And I'm looking forward to it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

08-22-09, 01:31 PM   #39
Slakah
A Molten Giant

tbh this is probably the first expansion announcement for WoW where I don't have any qualms with any of the changes they are making. Finally Blizzard are addressing one of my major issues with MMO's in two interesting ways, phasing and just drastically changing old previously static (and often deserted) content. The simplification of stats imo is much needed as well, theorycrafting isn't fun! Theres just a lot of things to be excited about with this expansion and it can't come soon enough.

P.S. Blizz is definitely refocussing this game towards gameplay, and for the better me thinks.

P.P.S I wonder if they're going to change the original WoWs racials, as the goblins/worgens ones seem pretty imba.

Last edited by Slakah : 08-22-09 at 01:34 PM.
08-22-09, 01:57 PM   #40
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Grimsin View Post
The changes are great to some degree. Some of the changes sound horrid. But all in all, watching blizzcon and I think ultimately they are heading in a productive direction with it. Only 5 levels because they want to leave room for more expansions before 100 since they plan to stop the leveling there. goblins and worgen were easy to fit into the story line. although i think werewolves should have been a horde race... oh well right? The goblins are cool, some awesome mounts they have.

BTW surprised no one has mentioned the fact that our toons are being totally revamped as well? no more spell power! or attack power? OMG? hunters no longer have mana??? Warlocks shards are not in the bag anymore?? Ammo wont be a consumable?!?! OMG

One of my big questions is are they going to give us another char slot? since technically the hardcore gamers are going to have all 10 char slots used up.

Hopefully ill get the answer during the rest of blizzcon.
Nope, I still have 1 slot left .. erm .. I think

Although 3 are under 15

I just hope they convert the gems properly .. rofl .. I changed all my spirit for mana regen and my main has all mana regen gems for her healing. Would be bad if they all got converted to stam instead of intellect .. rofl or spirit. If they exist.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » How interesting (MMO-Champ leaks new expansion info)