10-21-10, 02:33 PM   #1
ZeroEdgeir
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite Quest Tracking

Alright, not sure if this is "As intended" or not, but since 4.0, this is happening every time I login.

I login, and EVERY quest in my log is being auto-tracked again. Even with the feature to auto-watch new quests off.

I can remove any number, or all of them from being tracked, but the moment I log off and back in, they all are being tracked again. I have all the Blizzard UI quest tracking settings off, and no other mod I use has any tie to this that I can tell, as it occurs with just Carbonite active as well.

Any ideas? It will keep the quests tracked properly until I close WoW. Once I close it, I log back in, and every quest is tracked.

Last edited by ZeroEdgeir : 10-21-10 at 03:00 PM.

10-22-10, 02:38 AM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Carbonite saves what quests are tracked. It should restore that on log in, but it could be a bug or your settings not being saved.

Move a Carbonite window, log out and log in. Does the window stay where you moved it?

10-22-10, 06:32 PM   #3
ZeroEdgeir
A Defias Bandit
Just tested what you asked, and yes, it does save the location I move a window to.

And I guess I should say it's not EVERY quest it auto-tracks when I get back in, but only a specific 6, of which I want to keep 2 of them tracked usually.

Just to make sure this wasn't character-specific, I tested it on another toon.
While on the other toon it didn't re-add all of his quests I removed from his tracker (very different from the ones my Paladin is tracking), it did re-add 1 of them back to the tracked list the moment I logged in.

So there seems to be SOME sort of meaning behind the quests it grabs, but what it is, I got no clue. I do know it's the same quests every time though.

10-23-10, 11:24 AM   #4
denlee0710
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I am also experiencing the same issue, where it would regrab all my quests (weekly and shadowmourne quest) in log upon login.

Also, I have my quest watch list set to grow up, but when it regrab the quest, the list would grow downwards, causing me to have to manually reposition the quest watch list again. Quests tracked manually grow upwards correctly.

10-24-10, 09:18 AM   #5
fixitman333
A Fallenroot Satyr
I've been having the same issue with all of my toons. I just logged in to my Alliance tank with only Carbonite enabled (just the main addon). I turned on the option to show the quest IDs so I could give more details on the quests that keep getting re-watched, but that doesn't appear to be working either. The quests that are always re-watched after re-logging are "Entry Into Karazhan" and "Levixus the Soul Caller". All quests that I un-watch on other toons also get re-watched after re-logging. I've gone to the extent of removing my WTF folder and logging/re-logging with only Carbonite enabled. The problem continues.

Could this somehow be caused by having Carbonite Items, Nodes, and Transfer disabled?

EDIT: Logging out and back in doesn't seem to trigger this. It only happens when switching toons or at initial login. I can log in and out of the same toon, and it will retain the un-watched settings for that toon.

Last edited by fixitman333 : 10-24-10 at 09:29 AM.

10-24-10, 09:30 AM   #6
ZeroEdgeir
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by fixitman333 View Post
Could this somehow be caused by having Carbonite Items, Nodes, and Transfer disabled?
Nope, I have them enabled (I like Carbonite Nodes: Makes them flash!), and still happens here, too.

10-24-10, 03:47 PM   #7
Annyonne
An Aku'mai Servant
Ditto

Since 4.0.1 I've been having the same issue - all quests are tracked every time I log on.

10-24-10, 04:07 PM   #8
denlee0710
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I should add that, it seems the auto-track bug only occur if I exit the game and come back. Simply logging out and back would not reproduce the issue. Is that the same for everyone?

10-24-10, 05:16 PM   #9
fixitman333
A Fallenroot Satyr
I just did a full re-install of WoW (due to other minor but annoying issues). I installed Carb first, with no other addons. This issue still remained. I then unchecked "Auto watch changed quests", and the un-watched quests stayed that way after restarting the game. This seems to have fixed the problem, though I don't see any reason for those quests to be seen as changed in any way. I'll post an update if I see any further re-watching activity

Last edited by fixitman333 : 10-24-10 at 05:16 PM. Reason: typo

10-25-10, 03:39 PM   #10
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I believe the issue is sometimes the game gives info on a quest when you first get it or log in and then a moment later more info is available. Like an objective is blank and then it has a value. Carbonite sees that as a change and the "Auto watch changed quests" gets triggered.

I will test today and see what differences are occurring. Maybe a login delay will fix it.

10-25-10, 04:04 PM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I've tested 2 of my characters.

79 priest - no bug.
80 mage - happens on 8 quests, but only first time I log him after game has been started.

Objectives for those quests read as
: x/x
then a moment later
name: x/x

That triggers the watch.

10-25-10, 07:42 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Fixed quests being auto watched on login.

Will be in next version.

01-29-11, 05:53 PM   #13
Oyjord
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I still seem to be experiencing this problem, only upon login, using the most recent Carbonite version. FYI.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Quest Tracking