08-19-09, 05:58 PM   #1
PedroXavi
A Murloc Raider
Unhappy QuestGivers aren't reset on new Char creation

Hello,

I've got a slight problem with Carbonite which is the following.

When I first started WoW, I used Carbonite on first launch and all the way until now. I've got a lvl 70 Mage already set up and I decided to create a new one.

When started the new one, the questgivers weren't reset to the new char first beggining. I checked the world and the existing QuestGivers are the one I left off with the Mage.

I want to know how to reset the QuestGivers to make use of them on the new char, and in a way that it doesn't interfere with the "undone" quest from the Mage, in other words, have two different list of QuestGivers, from on char and the other. Although I need to separate more if I decide to create more chars in the future.

08-22-09, 07:25 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Quest completion history is character specific.

Did you rename the original character at some point and make the new character with the same name that the first character previously had?

You can look in the WTF\Account\<name>\SavedVariables\Carbonite.lua file and search for "Q". You should find one of those for each character's data and one extra one used for other data.

They look like this:

["Q"] = {
[9126] = "c0",
[12203] = "C1228868939",
[12211] = "C1228259252",
[10173] = "W0",
[13266] = "C1228381476",
},

The character it belongs to will be listed many lines above it like this:
["Server.Name"] = {

If you exit the game and delete the entire ["Q"] = set of lines for a character, it will reset his quest history.

Make a backup of the Carbonite.lua file before you try that.

08-23-09, 10:36 AM   #3
PedroXavi
A Murloc Raider
Hi,

I'm kind of a newbie on this stuff, but I'll try to explain better.

When First installed the game, I also installed Carbonite and QuestHelper.

I started the game and create my first ever Char which was Mage, now at lvl 70. Since I don't the Lich King expansion, I created a paladin.

Since the beggining of the Mage, I made quests up to lvl 70 and the QuestGivers map icons when done, they disappeared, as it is normal to be so.

So, the only QuestGivers available as map icons, are the remaining game quests.

Now, when I started the new Char, Paladin, I was hoping to see all the QuestGivers to show up again because the paladin hadn't made a single one.

But that didn't happen, even more, the friends list lost all the Names/Notes, don't understand that either. If the WoW login is the same, even if it has different chars, my Friends are the same :|

Bottom line.

I want to know how to reset the QuestGivers map icons to the Paladin, WITHOUT interfering with the Mage!!!

08-23-09, 10:43 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

I can help you with one thing at least.

Your Friends list is, by Blizzard decree, character-independent. Meaning you can have a different set of names on your Friends list on one character (like your mage), and have none, or a completely different set of names on another (like your paladin).

Fortunately, with Carbonite you have a window called Pals. This is a collection of all the Friends list names across your account. If a name is added to your Friends list on any character, it'll appear on Pals for all characters on that account.

If a name on your Pals list is green, it means the name is on your Friends list and the character is online. Gray means the character is on your Friends list, but offline. And finally, red means the character is not currently on your Friends list.

You can right click and choose "Make pal (red) into friend", and this makes the name you right clicked on transfer into your Friends list, if the name was red (as in not on your Friends list). I also think there's an option for adding all Pals to your Friends list.

08-23-09, 11:44 AM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by PedroXavi View Post
Now, when I started the new Char, Paladin, I was hoping to see all the QuestGivers to show up again because the paladin hadn't made a single one.
Just out of curiosity, have you hit any of the Radio Buttons on the top of the Carb Quest Watcher yet? One in particular controls whether potential quest givers are shown. I don't recall the color offhand, but if you mouseover the buttons, the tooltip will tell you which does what.

08-24-09, 11:21 AM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
One in particular controls whether potential quest givers are shown. I don't recall the color offhand, but if you mouseover the buttons, the tooltip will tell you which does what.
The button is dark yellow, bright yellow or blue.

08-27-09, 11:01 AM   #7
PedroXavi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
I can help you with one thing at least.

Your Friends list is, by Blizzard decree, character-independent. Meaning you can have a different set of names on your Friends list on one character (like your mage), and have none, or a completely different set of names on another (like your paladin).

Fortunately, with Carbonite you have a window called Pals. This is a collection of all the Friends list names across your account. If a name is added to your Friends list on any character, it'll appear on Pals for all characters on that account.

If a name on your Pals list is green, it means the name is on your Friends list and the character is online. Gray means the character is on your Friends list, but offline. And finally, red means the character is not currently on your Friends list.

You can right click and choose "Make pal (red) into friend", and this makes the name you right clicked on transfer into your Friends list, if the name was red (as in not on your Friends list). I also think there's an option for adding all Pals to your Friends list.
About the Friends list, off course I can allways make them as friends on the Paladin char, the worst thing is that all the NAMES/NOTES information is lost, I'll have to pass them to a blank sheet and right it down again on the Paladin's pal list.

08-27-09, 11:04 AM   #8
PedroXavi
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Just out of curiosity, have you hit any of the Radio Buttons on the top of the Carb Quest Watcher yet? One in particular controls whether potential quest givers are shown. I don't recall the color offhand, but if you mouseover the buttons, the tooltip will tell you which does what.
I haven't hit any buttons actually.

Will it change all the QuestGivers on the Mage? I ask this because the Mage's QuestGivers currently available are REALLY the ones I haven't maid yet

08-27-09, 04:28 PM   #9
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

All the radio buttons on the quest watch list are just toggles for a specific feature. You can safely click through their different states to see what they do or mouseover them for the tooltip or check in the CarboniteReadMe.txt file in the main Carbonite Directory for the complete rundown on them all.

The state of each Radio button is saved per character and only affects how/what things are displayed and has no impact on your actual Quest Completion history of each character.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » QuestGivers aren't reset on new Char creation