05-08-07, 11:26 AM   #1
ChaosWolf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Weapons not throwing? Also, RestFu glitching.

Hi.

First off, I L-O-V-E MazzleUI, and up until today, had no problems at all with it.

But then I rolled my first Rogue.

Everything else works fine, but the default keybinding that it is supposed to use to throw doesn't work.

I hit Shift-1 as it says to do to use my thrown item, but at any distance, it gives a "too far away" error like I just tried to attack with melee.

Other ranged attacks, like bows/guns and wands, on my other characters, all work fine. Aside from Mazzle's stuff, my only other addons are the Auctioneer pack and SpamSentry.

Also, RestFu (that tracks the Rested XP of characters) no longer works at all, after I deleted a character. Click the icon and nothing happens.

Please help!
05-08-07, 11:44 AM   #2
Hoot
A Murloc Raider
This is all guesswork...

To fix RestFu, it's probably looking for a that character that isn't there anymore. You probably need to delete your WTF Folder so it can start from scratch. You'll then need to log back onto all of your alts just once so RestFu can see what their rest is and calculate accordingly.

Throw binding. Up on your FuBar, there's the words "Mazzle" on the top right. Right Click it, and look down the list to where it says "Bongo's Options" or something like that. There's a tab that says keybindings. All you need to do is click the tab, mouse over a skill, hit Esc to clear the original binding, and then hit whatever button or button combination you want to set a new one.

The binding fix is in the FAQ. Please read it, it'll answer most of your future questions.

again...

READ THE FAQ!!
05-08-07, 01:48 PM   #3
Clardrian
A Fallenroot Satyr
Originally Posted by Hoot
To fix RestFu, it's probably looking for a that character that isn't there anymore. You probably need to delete your WTF Folder so it can start from scratch. You'll then need to log back onto all of your alts just once so RestFu can see what their rest is and calculate accordingly.
I think deleting the whole WTF folder is a bit overkill....I believe there is an option when you right click restfu to reset its data, if not, go to your WTF folder, and only delete files that start with restfu in all subdirectories, that way you won't lose all your setting for everything.
05-08-07, 03:57 PM   #4
ChaosWolf
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
The RestFu thing is no big deal now. Cleaned up some stuff and now it's cool.

But I think I've figured out why the thrown ain't throwing.

Keybinding might not be the problem.

Other ranged weapons work because they use ammo.

The recent spurt of patches changed Thrown weapons to work off Durability, instead of stacking (like ammo does).

I'll just bet the code in MazzleUI is reading an ammoless Durability-based weapon as melee-only... so Thrown ain't throwing because the UI thinks it can't be thrown!

WTB MazzleUI Thrown bug hotfix plz.
05-08-07, 04:30 PM   #5
Hoot
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Clardrian
I think deleting the whole WTF folder is a bit overkill....I believe there is an option when you right click restfu to reset its data, if not, go to your WTF folder, and only delete files that start with restfu in all subdirectories, that way you won't lose all your setting for everything.
Yah, that's probably a better solution haha Just woke up when I made mine, wasn't thinking too clearly.
05-14-07, 03:59 PM   #6
Strychnos
A Murloc Raider
Make sure you're putting the actual "Thrown" skill on the action bar, and not the actual item itself (much like you would Shoot Bow or Shoot Gun).

Just speculation, but it could be the problem.

Just thought: If that doesn't work try clicking the actual Thrown skill out of the General tab of your Spellbook. Could be something funky with Bongos if this works, but the hotkey doesn't - or maybe it's out of durability, or you don't have it equipped or something.

I dunno - give it a shot.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Weapons not throwing? Also, RestFu glitching.