04-29-09, 12:17 AM   #1
namevah
A Murloc Raider
Dual Spec - save action bars

OK I just dual spec'd.
However when i switch spec all my bars change. Is there a way to copy primary bar spec to alt bar spec? I want to keep 90% of the buttons where they are and just have the main couple of bars auto switch.

I was thinking if there was a save profile or something this might be feasible.
I really don't want to have to go back thru spell by spell to copy it, but I will if I have too.

04-29-09, 12:25 AM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Unfortunately that's pretty much how Blizz set it all up, I think at least, lol. I do know that there are no options in nUI for button profiles. All the button bindings, spells etc come from Blizz. nUI only displays them.

04-29-09, 12:59 AM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
It's true that the blizz talent switch switches all bars but for the first day I didn't even realise it because it copies your first set of bars as your second set when you created the secondary talent.

It wasn't until I started altering buttons after that, that I realised they were changing. All you can do is reset them so that when you switch you don't notice the change. If most were done before you switched it's only the extra changes you will need to do twice now.

04-29-09, 05:58 AM   #4
spiritwulf
A Cobalt Mageweaver

If the button in set 1 is a non talent specific ability it will copy over to set 2. It is only the talent specific stuff that dosnt copy. And it will stay that way until you change a button in set 2.
not for pleasure
but for survival

04-29-09, 06:06 AM   #5
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Ah, true, like going from holy to shadow it probably threw away the shadow and holy talent tree specific spells. It always did that before I think (I remember having to grab my macros back out when I switched before) so I guess its working the way it always does in that instance

05-13-10, 08:56 PM   #6
Steveb1872
A Defias Bandit
Dual Spec NUI Crash

I have also been having a probelm with my Paladin and my dual spec. I am spec for DPS and heals. When I change to my heal spec I get immediate errors and crashes. I close the error box and as soon as I hit a button (any button) the errors pop up in force. It happens every time.

NExt tiem it does it I will copy the eror reports and post.

Pandion
Winterhoof

05-14-10, 04:04 AM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Yes -- the error list is very important, especially the first error in the chain.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-14-10, 10:49 PM   #8
Solgath
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

i found that problem with my dual spec shammy to, that and the spell ranks not updating, found a handy little addon that can solve those problems if u care to use it, its called Action Bar Saver. just type /abs save "name" to save ur action bar set up, and /abs restore "name" to restore ur bars, good thing about it is that it also restores proper rank spells. hope this helps.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Technical Support » Dual Spec - save action bars