07-03-06, 09:12 AM   #1
Dridzt
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
zero sum ingame dkp tracking addon

My guild is in the process of implementing a Zero Sum DKP system for loot distribution in 20+ Instances:
ZG, AQ20, MC, AQ40, BWL, NAXX (currently active in the first 3 only)

I am specifically looking for an ingame / offline solution.
Nurfed DKP (nDKP) is a rather mature and robust zero sum implementation but it is based on a web-interface.
I am looking for a "poor man's" (guild's) DKP management addon for the zero sum system,
that works completely ingame.

Core functionality should include:
1. An item price-list supporting static prices and / or dynamic dkp prices.
In the case of static prices a facility for assigning dkp values to items would be desirable,
something along the lines of Speaker Kill Points perharps.
In the case of dynamic prices these could be provided by an optional dependency to Hob_DKP or similar addon.
It would be ideal if both static prices and dynamic prices (for those items that are not part of the static table) be supported.
2. The ability to maintain distinct DKP pools for Different instances:
ZGDKP, AQ20DKP, MCDKP, AQ40DKP, BWLDKP, NAXXDKP.
Merging pools would be a desirable option (fx. ZG/AQ20) and shouldn't be too hard to accomplish in a zero-sum system,
but is not considered a core requirement.
3. The ability to synch DKP tables between DKP administrators when a change to the members DKP points has happened.
(loot has been allocated and dkp added / subtracted in an instance pool)
4. An ingame facility for querying a members DKP or presenting the DKP pool for a specific
instance.
Desirable Filtering and Sorting would be "by Class" "by Points" "by active Raid".
If a member has the addon installed a gui representation would be nice, (something along the lines of DKP Table
If a member doesn't have the addon installed he should be able to whisper a dkp administrator
using specified keywords and get a response with his total DKP or item value etc.
5. Basic Loot Tracking (optional Boss Kill Tracking) functionality.
The DKP administrator should be able to link an item to the addon and query for members eligible to receive/roll on the item.
After the item is assigned the addon should update the DKP pool accordingly:
Add item dkp value / raid attendance to every raid member, subtract item dkp value from item winner.
Masterloot is assumed.

If such an addon or similar that I can modify to suit my purpose is already in existence,
I'd be gratefull to anyone providing me with info about it.
I have reviewed several DKP related addons (some of which are excellent in what they do)
but none provide the functionality I require or a meaningfull subset of that functionality I can easily build on.
These include but are not limited to:
Nurfed DKP
Slacker DKP
Simple DKP
Quick DKP
DKP Table
CT_RaidTracker (modded)
Loothog (modded)
Eternal DKP
FMR
DragonScalePoints
Speaker Kill Points etc

I have experience in "real" programming languages like C and Java but I'm a novice when it comes to lua and wow.

I would be able to help co-author and provide intelligent (hopefully ) feedback and testing.
My current timeframe is 1 month for a working version (core functionality in).

If an author finds the above proposition interesting and would like to pursue it further,
please post here or contact me by PM if you care to develop/help develop this.

Thanks for everyone's time.

[edit]syntax errors

Last edited by Dridzt : 07-03-06 at 09:27 AM.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » zero sum ingame dkp tracking addon