04-03-17, 08:54 PM   #1
PJizzle
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Enemies in Combat?

Is there a way to do a scan of all enemies I'm in combat with?

I know there's UnitAffectingCombat("unit")

I am asking because I want to check for debuffs on those enemies. For example, I can use blood boil to apply plaguestrike to enemies around me that doesn't have it. But I'd like to check, is there anyway to do this?
04-05-17, 03:27 PM   #2
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

First of all, you need valid UnitIDs for the targets you'll be checking. For enemies around you, your best bet is scanning nameplates. This isn't exactly reliable as it's largely based on enemies actually being rendered on your screen. It won't target anything behind the camera or off to the side. Also, there's a finite limit on the number of nameplates that can be generated, about 30 or so.
04-05-17, 08:12 PM   #3
myrroddin
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Yeah, nameplates, 30 of them. Then I'd check the threat API and use that to see if you are actually in combat with them. Afterall, if you have threat, then you are in combat.

Of course, you could have a nameplate for a unit and you are not in combat with it, or you have zero threat (using single target spells on its friend, but not on it specificially) yet it is fighting you.
04-06-17, 08:52 PM   #4
PJizzle
A Murloc Raider
Thanks guys. I feared that would be the route. Oh well, for the addon I'm writing, it isn't worth the effort to do such a scan.

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Lua/XML Help » Enemies in Combat?