06-25-10, 07:46 PM   #1
Paulten
A Kobold Labourer
Issues with People Targeting Me.

Hello,

I have used cartbonite for quite sometime now. Ever since I started using it I have been getting messages whenever people target me. It normally spits out a string of letters and numbers which make no sense to me. Im wondering what I do to remove that. Hopefully someone understand what Im talking about and can help me find a solution, I appreciate any help. If its needed I can get a screenshot and post it on these forums for anyone that does not understand me. Thanks for the help, I appreciate it.

Paulten.

06-25-10, 07:48 PM   #2
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I believe a screenshot would definitely help. I think I can picture, but a real picture is worth a thousand words

06-26-10, 10:05 AM   #3
SpareSimian
A Murloc Raider
Are you running Chatter, or some other chat addon that issues scrolling combat text when someone mentions your name in chat? Chatter doesn't filter addon channels when looking for one's name, so nearby Carbonite users generate that noise for me.

(Why doesn't Carbonite use the designated addon chat channel? Why does it need a bunch of custom channels?)

06-26-10, 05:48 PM   #4
schizophrena
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Considering that Carbonite has been around a long time and the additional "Add on" channels are a new feature. I'm sure it will take time to implement, test, and release such a feature.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Issues with People Targeting Me.