08-21-09, 01:05 PM   #1
peachsnaps
A Murloc Raider
Map doesn't show detailed regions

This problem started a few days ago, suddenly the map wouldn't show the details of a regions when you hover or zoom in for any region except the one I am currently in. I see only the zoomed out picture with the region's name on it, no matter how far in I zoom.

I realized that I hadn't downloaded the latest version or Carbonite yet, so I went ahead and did that yesterday, hoping it would fix the problem - no go. It's still doing it, on two computers that I have WoW installed on.

I tried disabling all other addons, and still it does it. Also, is Carbonite supposed to be listed in the Addons menu in the Interface? Because it is not listed with the addons. I don't know if it has been previously, I've never looked.

Please help, I rely heavily on my map, and I can't see anything in other regions - local areas, flight paths, quests, people, nothing!

Thanks

NOTE: Apparently it's related to my account only, my boyfriend tried logging onto his account with my computer and his map was fine. He did something where he looked through the Carbonite folders and deleted one that was labeled for my account, but that didn't fix the problem. Still lost!

Last edited by peachsnaps : 08-22-09 at 12:45 AM.

08-22-09, 07:06 AM   #2
Jorvero
A Kobold Labourer
I too am having the same problem. It's driving me nuts because I rely on the map alot too lol. I have noticed that it is NOT ACCOUNT specific, but rather it's toon specific. It does not work on my main, but when I log into my alt it works fine. I have tried doing the "export settings to all characters" thing (from the one it works with) but that did not solve the problem. As well I even tried "Import from character" and that did not solve it either. We need a solution Ah!

08-22-09, 01:15 PM   #3
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Try deleting carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak from your WTF/Account/<accountname>/<servername>/<toonname>/SavedVariables folder. You'll have to reset your preferences/options for carbonite for that toon, and you'll lose (I think) questing data (like which quests you've done).

Actually, you might want to just move those files somewhere else, so you'll still have them if this doesn't work.

08-22-09, 04:51 PM   #4
peachsnaps
A Murloc Raider
Ok, I just tried deleting the lua and lua.bak files, and it still doesn't work.

08-22-09, 07:04 PM   #5
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by peachsnaps View Post
This problem started a few days ago, suddenly the map wouldn't show the details of a regions when you hover or zoom in for any region except the one I am currently in. I see only the zoomed out picture with the region's name on it, no matter how far in I zoom.
The small Blizzard zone map will and other addons can force a specific zone to be selected, which is a global game setting that will also change the zone selected in Carbonite.

Close the small Blizzard zone map window, which is the #1 cause of that problem.

I tried disabling all other addons, and still it does it. Also, is Carbonite supposed to be listed in the Addons menu in the Interface? Because it is not listed with the addons. I don't know if it has been previously, I've never looked.
Any addon loaded by the game will be in the list of addons.

08-22-09, 07:08 PM   #6
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
Try deleting carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak from your WTF/Account/<accountname>/<servername>/<toonname>/SavedVariables folder.
The only Carbonite data stored in those character specific lua files is which Flightmasters a character has.

WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables/Carbonite.lua has all other types of data for all characters.

08-23-09, 03:02 PM   #7
Traf
A Kobold Labourer

So yeh i noticed i had the same thing happen...i was like ok what did *I* do lol....and after figuring out what i did i hit myself....not sure if this is the same for you but you have stated that it cant be anything but carbonite....

Right click the map and select SHOW.... then make sure that SHOW WORLD is checked.

I was messing around with settings and accidently unchecked that but AS SOON as i checked it my world map was showing....hope this helps.

Traf

08-23-09, 04:34 PM   #8
peachsnaps
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Traf View Post
Right click the map and select SHOW.... then make sure that SHOW WORLD is checked.
I seem to have a different problem. I tried toggling that (I had World checked already), and when it's unchecked it blacks out everything else, but for me the other places aren't blacked out, they just don't show any of the points or detail.

The small Blizzard zone map will and other addons can force a specific zone to be selected, which is a global game setting that will also change the zone selected in Carbonite.

Close the small Blizzard zone map window, which is the #1 cause of that problem.
I tried closing the zone map, and still nothing... other accounts can have both running fine, it seems to just be my account/char that the map isn't working. You say the zone map and/or other addons can force a specific zone to be selected, but does that make the other zones unreadable? Because I can't even see anything in other zones.

It's been a week and I'm getting really frustrated with this. >.<

08-23-09, 05:37 PM   #9
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
Any addon loaded by the game will be in the list of addons.
I think he's talking about the addons listed when you hit ESC in game and click on the interface button. There are now two tabs, one of which is "addons". IME, only some addons are listed there (probably because something in the addon (in the toc?) told the client it wanted to be listed. It's one way of providing access to the addon's settings or preferences. I don't think carb is listed there, but that's from memory - I don't have wow loaded right now.

08-23-09, 05:38 PM   #10
Chmee
A Molten Giant
The only Carbonite data stored in those character specific lua files is which Flightmasters a character has.

WTF/Account/<accountname>/SavedVariables/Carbonite.lua has all other types of data for all characters.
Good to know, thanks.

08-24-09, 11:57 AM   #11
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

I tried closing the zone map, and still nothing... other accounts can have both running fine, it seems to just be my account/char that the map isn't working. You say the zone map and/or other addons can force a specific zone to be selected, but does that make the other zones unreadable?
Yes, the small Blizzard zone map will force the zone you are in to always be selected, which means when you mouse over another zone it will do nothing. Carbonite will only show the majority of icons it can show for the zone that is currently selected. Zone art is only shown for the current and a few of the previously selected zones. That would leave you with just a blurry continent map background.

To clarify: Press Alt-M to see the Blizzard world map. In the top left corner is the drop down box for the small zone map I am talking about. That should be set to Never. (I think. Going by memory here).

If the zone map is not the problem, then disable all other addons and test it.

08-24-09, 12:14 PM   #12
peachsnaps
A Murloc Raider
Press Alt-M to see the Blizzard world map. In the top left corner is the drop down box for the small zone map I am talking about. That should be set to Never. (I think. Going by memory here).
Thank you! Finally it has been fixed. I think before when I closed the zone map it didn't disable it, but this worked now.

08-31-09, 06:46 PM   #13
diab802
A Kobold Labourer
Thank you! Finally it has been fixed. I think before when I closed the zone map it didn't disable it, but this worked now.
hmmm this still has not fixed it for me, it was already set to never show. Any other suggestions?

Thanks!!!

09-03-09, 12:00 PM   #14
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by diab802 View Post
hmmm this still has not fixed it for me, it was already set to never show. Any other suggestions?
What problem are you having?

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Map doesn't show detailed regions