11-24-10, 05:43 PM   #1
darknemus
A Murloc Raider
Very odd situation (that could very well NOT be carbonite related.. but please read )

So.. we've grabbed the latest beta of Carbonite on both mine and my Girlfriend's PCs. We're having a very odd problem with, really, one of her characters.

No matter what the quest is, she gets 'Objective not in Database' . Here are the steps I've taken so far.

Uninstalled / Reinstalled Carbonite

Tested her account on both PCs (problem persists - my carbonite works fine for my quests)

Trashed the Interface / WTF directories on hers as part of a test.

Trashed the cache directory.

Copied my entire WOW directory over to her PC to see if it was her PC for some reason - same exact problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks! (and thanks for an amazing plug-in!)

11-24-10, 05:45 PM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
If I understood a post from the devs correctly, they've cleared out the quest database for the moment, and will be re-populating it as they get info on the new (and old, I guess) quests available.

11-24-10, 05:53 PM   #3
darknemus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Chmee View Post
If I understood a post from the devs correctly, they've cleared out the quest database for the moment, and will be re-populating it as they get info on the new (and old, I guess) quests available.
No worries at all - just wondering why mine is working fine while hers isn't, at all. I don't claim to be anywhere near an expert on UI add-ons, so I'm trying to figure out if its something I (we) did.

11-24-10, 10:50 PM   #4
Loota
A Kobold Labourer
I'm fairly certain that they said quest info would be available from what's in the stock quest info addon blizz made...

Either way if this is only affecting one toon but across a couple of different computers etc.. I'd fathom to guess it's something broken on that toon. Maybe a quest that toon already has that is broken and breaking the addon on that specific toon?

It's a shot in the dark since I'm no expert but try flushing out her quest log. If it doesn't immediately work then try a fresh addon install afterwards to make sure it's not stuck somewhere in the addon..

Dunno if that makes sense... not really sober right now but it seems to me if it's only one toon it may be a quest only that toon has..

Edit: clarified

11-24-10, 11:33 PM   #5
darknemus
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Loota View Post
I'm fairly certain that they said quest info would be available from what's in the stock quest info addon blizz made...

Either way if this is only affecting one toon but across a couple of different computers etc.. I'd fathom to guess it's something broken on that toon. Maybe a quest that toon already has that is broken and breaking the addon on that specific toon?

It's a shot in the dark since I'm no expert but try flushing out her quest log. If it doesn't immediately work then try a fresh addon install afterwards to make sure it's not stuck somewhere in the addon..

Dunno if that makes sense... not really sober right now but it seems to me if it's only one toon it may be a quest only that toon has..

Edit: clarified
Thanks for the advice. She actually just dumped out all of her quests, logged out, logged back in - picked up a new one (lowbie in Redridge) and, still 'this objective is not in the database'. I'll do some more tinkering with it tomorrow to see if I can get any insight as to what's going on. Its just.. odd.

11-25-10, 08:56 AM   #6
Ratu
A Wyrmkin Dreamwalker

Originally Posted by darknemus View Post
So.. we've grabbed the latest beta of Carbonite on both mine and my Girlfriend's PCs. We're having a very odd problem with, really, one of her characters.

No matter what the quest is, she gets 'Objective not in Database' . Here are the steps I've taken so far.

Uninstalled / Reinstalled Carbonite

Tested her account on both PCs (problem persists - my carbonite works fine for my quests)

Trashed the Interface / WTF directories on hers as part of a test.

Trashed the cache directory.

Copied my entire WOW directory over to her PC to see if it was her PC for some reason - same exact problem.

Does anyone have any thoughts? Is there something I'm overlooking?

Thanks! (and thanks for an amazing plug-in!)
Read this thread and see if any of the info helps here.

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=37022

11-26-10, 04:23 AM   #7
Zendorf
A Kobold Labourer
Unhappy Objective not found

The above solution is stupid ... Get a quest .. log out dissable, track the quest, log in, reenable ..

/reload ui helps .. but the turn in points are all wrong as well on the minimap.

After years of using this product and even donating, this is simply NOT acceptable. Carbonite NEED to find out this problem and fix it. Too many people have this problem. From what I have read so far, Carbonite is getting like stupid help lines. (Offer some check item, just to fob people off) Make sure your quests are marked at 80 .. was one solution offered, this makes no difference, what it does is reload the ui which does help. However, get a quest, reload, complete a quest, reload, for every quest is NOT a solution it is a workaround.

The fault, in my thoughts, is Carbonite is not reading some database correctly and updating the screen.

Personally I think that Carbonite know all about this and have failed to come up with a fix, and are simply refusing to acknowledge the issue exists. I know it's a beta, but it should do the very basics it was designed to do ..

My solution, dissable Carbonite and try some other method or use the ingame options. Regretably I cannot get my donation back.

11-26-10, 09:17 AM   #8
darknemus
A Murloc Raider
I am beginning to wonder if the issue isn't server side, somehow.

I really am starting to think that, somehow, this issue is a server side thing.. just not sure WHAT it could be..

So - I've done all the troubleshooting steps that people have mentioned, no luck. All of her other characters? Carbonite tracking works as intended (as in, she can click the little bubble to track a specific quest) - on her main, they're all red, unclickable bubbles. (With 'This Objective is not in the database' popping up if you try to click on any of them)

Log her into my PC with her account, same thing. All of my characters it seems to work fine with - most of hers, yes, except her main.

We've tried totally clearing her quest log and starting with new ones.. no luck.

The entire situation is just really odd as it doesn't seem to exactly mimic what others are going through, from what I've read - its driving me crazy because I can't figure out WHERE the problem is coming from - and, being a problem solver, that irks the hell out of me

If anyone has any further thoughts / suggestions, please - I am all ears. (err, umm, eyes in this case)

Also - I have downloaded the latest beta.. (the .09 one) and the problem persists.

Thanks.

11-26-10, 02:32 PM   #9
Paeura
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Oddly, I am having the same issue here. My Carbonite worked yesterday, today it shows not in database, but on my mothers computer, it is working like a champ. This is for all my characters.

I have uninstalled, reinstalled, uninstalled ran WoW repair, just in case I was missing a file. I also copied it from my mothers computer to mine, still not working.

It asks me when I log in if I want to gather the data from the server, which I accept, but nothing. [after uninstalling/reinstalling] Even dailies doing the same thing.

I am really frustrated, I love this addon. I do know a bit about the work that you do, I also am involved in gaming [MW4] much older game, but same thing, quality work for the community.

I do hope this gets sorted

Thanks for all you do

Legacy of the Sword

11-27-10, 10:50 AM   #10
Paeura
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

HELLO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This worked for me! Not for my main, but it is now picking up ALL Quests for my other characters! THANK YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Legacy of the Sword

11-27-10, 11:54 AM   #11
darknemus
A Murloc Raider
An update. The problem was that on her player map she was not 'Tracking Quest Objectives' - so we clicked Alt-M to bring up the game map, clicked the little box, and BOOM - it works. Thank You so much to everyone who helped us.. we both very much appreciate it :-D

11-29-10, 08:33 PM   #12
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I discovered yesterday that the CVar for "questPOI" must be on or the game does not return quest location data. Checking the show quests button on the Blizzard world map enables "questPOI", which is why it worked for some, like me, and not others. Carbonite 4.03011 sets it, so you don't have to.

11-29-10, 10:02 PM   #13
systematic86
A Defias Bandit
Thumbs down

sry guys not sure where to put this but, my quest show up as circles with crosses or X's in the middle, before the beta it would show me a large area for the mobs or items i was looking for... i kno its a beta, but is there anything i can do to get this the way it used to be, or is it smthn that on the list for fixing already?

11-30-10, 09:41 AM   #14
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by systematic86 View Post
sry guys not sure where to put this but, my quest show up as circles with crosses or X's in the middle, before the beta it would show me a large area for the mobs or items i was looking for... i kno its a beta, but is there anything i can do to get this the way it used to be, or is it smthn that on the list for fixing already?
Carb's database has been reset due to the numerous zone/quest changes that have happened since 4.0.3a. Last I was aware, Carb is using Blizzard's quest locations for now until the database can be remade over the next few weeks to get accurate information built back up.

11-30-10, 03:38 PM   #15
systematic86
A Defias Bandit
thx... thats wat i was thinkin, jus wasnt sure if i had a prob or not... lol im good for now as long as i have the map n minimap

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Very odd situation (that could very well NOT be carbonite related.. but please read )