08-20-09, 02:47 PM   #1
Kreelor
A Firelord

Problem with Daily Quest (required ingredients).

Problem with Daily Quest (required ingredients).

Here's an example:

When I'm doing a Daily Dalaran quest, like 'cooking,' and it requires me to gather 2 components to cook into a bowl which was provided by the Questgiver, the Quest List (I use Alt/L to pull it up) indicates that I have both items.

But, when I attempt to 'cook' the recipe by a fire, the screen shows that I am missing one of the ingredients.

Actually, I do have the ingredient, but it's in my Bank -- and, not on my character!

It appears to be using data from my Warehouse, instead of looking within the bag slots of my character.

Is that intentional? If so, it's misleading and very frustrating.

Could a new "option/checkbox" be added to let it look at my char's bag slots only and/or include what I have in my Bank bag slots? Such a feature that I could use at my discretion would be very helpful.

08-22-09, 06:17 PM   #2
carboniteaddon
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
We don't look at anything in your inventory. The Quest API of the game tells addons if a quest and each objective is complete, so we ask the game, the game says complete, we show complete.

08-25-09, 09:33 AM   #3
Kreelor
A Firelord

Originally Posted by carboniteaddon View Post
We don't look at anything in your inventory. The Quest API of the game tells addons if a quest and each objective is complete, so we ask the game, the game says complete, we show complete.
Thank you, faatal, for replying.

I still don't understand. Sorry, but I guess I need to re-phrase my concern.

-- If -- my character is holding only 1 of 2 required ingredients to complete a quest, then why does the Quest List show "Complete?" (The 2nd required item is actually in the bank and not on my character). Isn't that kinda' strange that it's marked as "Complete", since I can't combine the ingredients?

Shouldn't "Complete" mean that I actually have all the required ingredients with me, so as to be able to use the bowl, or platter, or whatever to truly complete the quest objective?

In my view, the items in my bank aren't in my possession (unless I travel to a bank and put them on my char). Pain in the butt to do that repeatedly. So, the term "Complete" is a misnomer.

08-25-09, 09:45 AM   #4
Jigain
A Molten Giant

That's something you'll have to take up with Blizzard.

Like faatal said, if Blizzard's quest log says the quest is complete, then Carbonite takes their word for granted and says it's completed.

However, Blizzard recently (patch 3.2) started counting banked and/or mail content towards quest completion.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Problem with Daily Quest (required ingredients).