10-15-10, 03:10 PM   #21
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
I am complaining about an inability to play any toon because of the intense lag issues, freeze ups and game performance. It took me 6 hours to respec 6 toons because of lag and the game freezing up. I have no idea what any of my toons can do ingame right now because of the way the game is lagging and freezing. It is literally taking 5 minutes on the loading screen. I touch my mouse to something in the spellbook in preparation to drag it onto the action bar and with the lag it does not make it to the bar. It is taking a minimum of 6 tries to move a single item on the spell bars. It takes 45 seconds to open a bag.

I have a toon that is a jc - s omething that is in real demand right now but with the lag I can't do **** with him. How would you like it if the jc you handed your blank stone over too lagged out and you lost your stone?
10-15-10, 03:18 PM   #22
vscott
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
I mean they took conjure food, conjure water, the port she had, slowfall - took the feathers right out of the bag even.
Well i was talking about this part. But if you having lag issues I can feel your concern. But as a downright mage fan I don't think you should give up on them. Give it a bit the game is glitchy on my high end system too. So I am almost sure it is on bliz side. They will fix it......maybe?

Also I have had mats lost from tailoring, leatherworking, and mining. But, no more then 3 hours later I got all my stuff back. So I was pissed. I literally opened a ticket, cussed and fussed while my wife looked at me like a mad man, turned the game off, played imobster on my android, ate some food, watch 2 episodes of house, logged in, and found that my stuff was back with bliz giving me a nice lil note. I will say that was the fastest they ever responded to me.

Last edited by vscott : 10-15-10 at 03:22 PM.
10-15-10, 04:09 PM   #23
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Obviously there is something going on with the patch. However, I don't seem to be affected by this lag everyone else is getting. I do, however, think that half of these people who are experiencing these issues more than likely need to either update their video cards (along with a better CPU), or doing something as simple as getting updated drivers for their system. They did after all make changes to the games graphic engine (the updated water graphics just to name one) and Wow will push your system to the limit.

People bitched about the exact same things when the pre-patch was release for WotLK.... where Blizz did the same thing, updated the games graphic engine. Once everyone updated drivers and/or updated their systems it was all good. I'm not saying there aren't some glitches that Blizz needs to fix. But the fact of the matter is is that not everyone is affected by it.
10-15-10, 04:14 PM   #24
Dawn
A Molten Giant

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post
Obviously there is something going on with the patch. However, I don't seem to be affected by this lag everyone else is getting. I do, however, think that half of these people who are experiencing these issues more than likely need to either update their video cards (along with a better CPU), or doing something as simple as getting updated drivers for their system. They did after all make changes to the games graphic engine (the updated water graphics just to name one) and Wow will push your system to the limit.

People bitched about the exact same things when the pre-patch was release for WotLK.... where Blizz did the same thing, updated the games graphic engine. Once everyone updated drivers and/or updated their systems it was all good. I'm not saying there aren't some glitches that Blizz needs to fix. But the fact of the matter is is that not everyone is affected by it.
I can't agree more.

I'm hating this patch though, but mainly for bugged nameplates.

"neeh the game wont be remembered as the game who made blizz the most money, it will be remembered as the game who had the most QQ'ers that just couldnt quit the game for some reason..."

10-15-10, 04:33 PM   #25
Minerv
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
This! Now u realise how much u've actually used them. ;P
10-15-10, 04:49 PM   #26
OldHarry
Premium Member
Premium Member
I did check for updates for my drivers. I have tried every single "fix" on the wow forum and am not getting enough improvement in game play to make it playable.
10-15-10, 05:20 PM   #27
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

They don't yet have a listing for Cata, but choose Wotlk from the dropdown menu and let it scan your hardware. What's it say for min and max?

http://canyourunit.com
10-15-10, 09:39 PM   #28
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
I completely forgot until now about a problem I was having with my ATI driver that Windows Update had given me. It made the game so laggy while hardware cursor was enabled that I had to disable it. I finally came across some error about something with my driver in a log file that I went to the actual ATI site to check for drivers. Windows Update was a version behind. It gave me 10.8 when 10.9 came out. I noticed in the 10.9 patch notes that there was a fix for WoW hardware cursor under Windows 7.

So... If you're checking in Windows Update for driver updates, go to the website for that product instead.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-15-10, 09:49 PM   #29
yssaril
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

also make sure that you don't have any addons that are constantly erroring out in the back (if you have lua errors disabled)

try running the game without any addons to see if you still lag
10-15-10, 09:49 PM   #30
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Originally Posted by Seerah View Post
I completely forgot until now about a problem I was having with my ATI driver that Windows Update had given me. It made the game so laggy while hardware cursor was enabled that I had to disable it. I finally came across some error about something with my driver in a log file that I went to the actual ATI site to check for drivers. Windows Update was a version behind. It gave me 10.8 when 10.9 came out. I noticed in the 10.9 patch notes that there was a fix for WoW hardware cursor under Windows 7.

So... If you're checking in Windows Update for driver updates, go to the website for that product instead.
This is a good rule for updating anything that is not specific to the OS. For any hardware its always best to get the driver from the source. I've never had much luck getting windows update to get the right drivers since as far back as windows 95

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
10-15-10, 10:10 PM   #31
Rosalyne
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by OldHarry View Post
How about my growing frustration and anger are not due to relearning toons. How about they are due to loading screens taking 5 minutes, game freezing up, lag so bad you can't fix your action bars because the lag screws up the simple act of trying to drag a spell out of your spellbook. I have a toon I am trying to play that I am fine with the talents, fine with the changes but I can't do **** because of the LAG. And the WoW forum is now saying if you use a mac you need to upgrade to snow leopard or wait a month. YES I AM PISSED AND GETTING MORESO THE LONGER I WAIT.

THIS IS THE WORST PATCH EVER.
That is utter nonsense about having to upgrade to Snow Leopard. I'm using Tiger, and apart from not being able to increase most of my video settings (which is fine because my computer is old and can't handle them anyway), the game is playing fine. I'm not getting any lag whatsoever, and the only freeze I've had was addon related. ATSW threw a fit tonight when I tried to open my tailoring window.
10-15-10, 11:27 PM   #32
Peyana
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by Cyn325 View Post
or even a couple days for a toon in the case of ones with dual spec. My daughter has a few of those. She is having to learn how to play her paladin all over because of the massive changes they made to them. Even her other healing class toons....they've changed so much in how to heal with them that she's finding it a bit confusing trying to figure out when to use what spells. The ones she was used to using for certain things now do different things. Even playing a BM hunter isn't all that easy anymore. There's a couple new things to add into a basic rotation even for them. I don't think there is going to be a whole lot of "face-rolling" anymore lol. At least they dumped this on us with plenty of time to get used to the new mechanics before cata comes out.
BUT......the servers have to be up in order to do that. This is the 3rd night in a row that I have been patiently re-speccing, re-talenting, etc. and BOOM--the server goes down. In fact tonight, not only did the server go down, but you can't even get on WoW's website. Something bad has happened I'm thinking.
10-16-10, 01:03 AM   #33
Cyn325
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Peyana View Post
BUT......the servers have to be up in order to do that. This is the 3rd night in a row that I have been patiently re-speccing, re-talenting, etc. and BOOM--the server goes down. In fact tonight, not only did the server go down, but you can't even get on WoW's website. Something bad has happened I'm thinking.
My daughter have been avoiding wow last couple of days because of lag & jerky movement. Nothing we have tried (drivers, etc) has helped. We basically log on to see how bad it is, try to play a bit, then end up quitting for the day. The jerky movement actually makes my daughter a bit nauseous so she has no choice but to quit. I just hope they figure out soon what is causing all these probs for so many people so they can get them fixed.
10-16-10, 04:15 AM   #34
stormkeep
Drunken Dorf

Premium Member
For some people experiencing the jerkyness and lag it is because they started playing the game before the patch was complete...something you could not do before but you can now. It's a very long patch process, so if you turn off your computer when you aren't playing and it hasn't finished yet it could be affecting people days later.

If that's not the issue, and all drivers are updated, try turning shadows and/or water effects down a notch or two. Those are the biggest killers of frame rates.

I've been lucky and the game has run flawlessly for me since the patch. At first I thought I took a frame rate hit as my fps was never going over 100, but then I saw that the new frame rate limiters were enabled by default. Same performance as I had before with everything set to Ultra except water which I set to High.

My only complaint with the patch is that with all of the talent resets and glyph and gear changes it's going to take me at least until next weekend to get through all of my toons and get things set back up to be playable. Other than that, I'm happy as a clam.
10-17-10, 02:02 PM   #35
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by kasca View Post

As for low lvl toons. It almost impossible to lvl with the pt system. So what i see now i will NOT be making one the new races.
Not really I gained 3 levels today on my fury warrior( also protection since they were nice enough to lower dual spec cost). My80 ret pally dps stinks, but my lvl54 prot pally rocks. I hate the time invested the last 6 year will have to be reLearned since all classes changed to some extent. Sucks, but if your not willing to learn something new then quit.
10-17-10, 02:04 PM   #36
Tithulta
A Black Drake

Originally Posted by Petrah View Post

All true, but what people probably aren't check in that the new UI has a high default video settings. When i first logged in on my old Main pc i was pulling 1.9fps. Turn video option all down except where it was important and frame jumped to 28fps.
10-17-10, 02:35 PM   #37
Darxon
A Warpwood Thunder Caller
AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Originally Posted by Dawn View Post
I can't agree more.

i read somwhere about the nameplates that this should fix the issue:
/console bloattest 1
/console spreadnameplates 0

dunno if it works, my nameplates worked fine after, but that might have been just luck :P
10-20-10, 03:03 AM   #38
carebear.
Banned

This patch is one of the best yet.

It's finally going to make people use their brain and work together as a team. Tanking is much more fun and you have to take control of your group more so than before.
I re-keybound my 'Skull' 'X' 'Moon' marks and make sure the group know that they have to use single target unless they want to die because of the AOE threat nerf.

Healing is much more enjoyable too. It's slightly harder than it will be in cataclysm because of the lower health pools that we have. But it too makes you need to think more about what you're doing, who you're healing and which spell you're using otherwise you'll run your mana dry.

Overall I say it's about time. People need time to adapt though and they will do so in time. We just need to wait.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Hating this new patch