05-03-12, 11:14 PM   #1
Minerv
A Black Drake

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
Duke UI 2.6

Hey, i have no idea if this is the right place to post about this but here we go anyways..

So basically what im wondering about is if anybody out there has this UI (DukeUI 2.6) saved on your computer or something, maybe a file storing site or something like that, if any1 does would u please be so kind to send it to me? ^^ I know its like a year outdated but still, i'd like to fiddle with it. THanks, and sorry if its in the right section.
05-04-12, 08:40 AM   #2
def9
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
There is a link listed on WoW UI Gallery in regards to the UI.
05-04-12, 10:39 AM   #3
Minerv
A Black Drake

Hehe, yeah. But all of his websites have been taken down, including that one.
05-04-12, 02:43 PM   #4
Saintvallen
An Aku'mai Servant
I know exactly how you feel, i been trying to find downloads all over the web for them but with no luck. Only way for us to get the UI back, is to make it ourself again.
05-05-12, 06:57 AM   #5
Kendian
A Molten Giant

I'm pretty sure those textures can be found in Elloria's gigantic texture pack, here on WoWInterface, with bars from Ishtaras shared media (one of Dukes, of course, lol) But he's manipulated the textures (very nicely, I might add) and is using a different mask texture for minimap. I would love to get my hands on the psd for those textures =)
05-05-12, 06:30 PM   #6
Minerv
A Black Drake

Yeah, indeed. Those textures are freaking awesome, ;o I actually downloaded all of the sharedmedia packages from here like 2 days ago, ima check em out again, thx!
05-06-12, 03:11 AM   #7
Peet
A Murloc Raider

i've located the Author's toon.

please don't post other peoples' information ~ Cairenn

maybe that will help you a little.

goodluck!

Last edited by Cairenn : 05-09-12 at 05:04 AM.
05-06-12, 06:17 PM   #8
Phanx
Cat.

Guys, he took his UI down on purpose. Tracking down his character and harrassing him in-game trying to get the UI he obviously doesn't want to distribute anymore seems pretty inappropriate.
05-07-12, 06:20 AM   #9
Minerv
A Black Drake

Fiddled a little in photoshop this morning with his prints, and now ingame, this is how i've got it so far^^, dont mind the weird spells on the bar. zz

And no worries, wouldnt go on anyone elses server and spam them mails or anything for a UI tbh, and i actually think he quit. Ah well!

Edit: How it's looking atm, No idea why the hunter's focus is showing up there tho O.o.

Non-combat everything shown.
In combat, chat and datatext are hidden.

Last edited by Minerv : 05-08-12 at 02:25 AM.
05-07-12, 09:38 AM   #10
Kendian
A Molten Giant

Ok...you need to ship me those textures, lol.
05-07-12, 11:18 AM   #11
Saintvallen
An Aku'mai Servant
The castbar was ontop of the player healthbar as far as I remember.

[Edit]
No that's wrong, it was moving ontop of the powerbar in a brighter colour.
05-07-12, 08:10 PM   #12
Minerv
A Black Drake

Player, Target and Minimap textures are in this. I have no idea if he used the gradient blue in the textures or in the actual unitframes so there's no gradient color inside them. HF^^

Creds to Duke ofc!

Zip removed until proof of non-copyright protections are provided ~ Cairenn

Last edited by Cairenn : 05-09-12 at 05:12 AM. Reason: updated the zip
05-07-12, 10:56 PM   #13
lerb
A Frostmaul Preserver

Originally Posted by Phanx View Post
Guys, he took his UI down on purpose. Tracking down his character and harrassing him in-game trying to get the UI he obviously doesn't want to distribute anymore seems pretty inappropriate.
You might be right here Phanx, but on the other hand, he/she might be surprised and happy someone got in touch. I mean, asking a question isn't harassing as long as you leave the conversation if he/she says no. If you're really lucky he might help out in one way or another, but if he doesn't you're on your own.
05-08-12, 02:30 AM   #14
Phanx
Cat.

Originally Posted by lerb View Post
You might be right here Phanx, but on the other hand, he/she might be surprised and happy someone got in touch. I mean, asking a question isn't harassing as long as you leave the conversation if he/she says no. If you're really lucky he might help out in one way or another, but if he doesn't you're on your own.
That's true, but when you post someone's personal or contact information on a public forum, you have no idea how many people are going to use that information, or in what ways. It might only be one guy dropping to say "hey man, I used to use your UI and it was awesome, thanks for the good times" or it might be hundreds of people flooding his whispers and mailbox with "omg plz giev ur ui y u take it down wtf fk u omg need give nao" until he can't even play.

Giving out someone's server and character name isn't a whole lot different than giving out someone's phone number or home address. Either way, you can't control what other people do with it, and if someone decides to use it for harrassment (whether intentional and malicious, or just thoughtless) it's pretty ****ty for the person on the recieving end, and can force them to stop doing things they normally do (whether it's log into WoW and play their character, or answer the phone) for fear of getting harrassed.

TL;DR - If it's not your personal/contact information, don't post it.
05-08-12, 08:43 AM   #15
Kendian
A Molten Giant

@Phanx: Agreed~
@ Minerv: My thanks~

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » UI Screenshots, Feedback and Design Discussion » Duke UI 2.6