08-17-13, 07:29 PM   #1
Drakonis5056
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest database

I am having a data base issue all my quests are showing red dots and quest info not showing in the data base. Can someone help me with this.

Last edited by Drakonis5056 : 08-17-13 at 07:32 PM.

08-19-13, 02:01 PM   #2
suddenphoenix82
A Murloc Raider
Quests not in database

Some quests (usually heroics, dungeons, etc) under my quest tracker are preceded with a red radio dot, instead of white. When the white dots are clicked on, it tracks the quest on the map so you know where to go, no issues here. The red dots, mean that the quest objective is not in database. For example, quest #85H - Booty Bay Interests, Zul'Gurub Stone, is not in the database, but all the other normal quests are. I have disabled all and enabled one addon at a time, including loading out of date addons and found that the problem occurs when Carbonite 5.1.6 is selected. I have been updating my addon weekly, however the updated date never changes (still says March 16/13). Carbonite is the only addon service I use, and until now have never had any issues. Help!!!

Thanks,

Suddenphoenix82

08-19-13, 02:04 PM   #3
suddenphoenix82
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Drakonis5056 View Post
I am having a data base issue all my quests are showing red dots and quest info not showing in the data base. Can someone help me with this.
I posted my issue in another forum (likely by mistake, my bad) and this is the response I got:
try emptying your cache. I know it sounds ridiculous but it works. I found this out when i used NPC Scan. I made my creature cache read only so every time I play I have a blank creature cache. Well the same thing works for the quest database. Which in turn helps Carb figure out quest locations etc. ~ eqsanctum

08-19-13, 04:41 PM   #4
Drakonis5056
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
how do i empty the cache not familiar with that procedure

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Quest database