08-01-13, 11:01 PM   #1
matrixchild
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Minimap docking problems

Hi,

I've been using Carbonite for a long time and have had a problem with this particular issue but found a work around but now i want to get it fixed. So here's the issue. I really enjoy using the Carbonite map for most of the game world, but I prefer the in-game minimap when I'm inside areas. Now there's an option in the minimap menu where the minimap docks when inside locations.

The problem is that is does not dock/undock properly. What I want to happen is that when I'm in open locations such as the world for the minimap to not dock and for me to only see the carbonite minimap and when I am in inside locations such as inside the shrine of two moons or caves and such for the minimap to dock full. What currently happens is that I can get the minimap to dock full inside instances but after i reload from an instances the minimap docks at all times, even when the "minimap docks always" option is unselected.

My work around was that I had to set the docked scale to 0. The options for "Minimap toggles full size for inside locations (not cities)" and "Minimap toggles full size for instances" finally work as intended, but the options for "minimap docks in inside locations" does not if the docked scale is set to anything above 0.

From what I can gather the toggle for full size is separate from the actual docking and so i can get the minimap to toggle for full size when needed but once the setting are set for a docking size and reload the ui the docking will not work as intended.

I hope I explained the problem appropriately, I would really appreciate some fix for this issue, as I've been unable to find the appropriate solution. thanks in advance.

08-06-13, 08:35 AM   #2
Chmee
A Molten Giant
Carbonite doesn't have a minimap. The only minimap is the one Blizzard provides. It's been a while since I looked at this, but I don't think it's possible to turn the minimap off.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Minimap docking problems