06-29-13, 07:12 AM   #1
Amiekins
A Murloc Raider
Dungeon maps

A bit of a weird "problem" Carbonite has always had... on certain dungeons, they won't show you the actual map on the minimap, with the exception of a very small square in the top left corner of the actual map. The only "workaround" I've been able to do is using Addon Control Panel and having two sets of Addons, one where Carbonite is disabled when entering a dungeon, and then enabling it once you need it again (which may or may not be when you leave the dungeon).

Is there any other way to remedy this? I would prefer not to have to constantly reload my UI just to fix this, and keep Carbonite active at all times.

06-29-13, 08:11 AM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
What version of Carbonite are you using and what dungeons are you experiencing problems in?

06-29-13, 08:27 PM   #3
Amiekins
A Murloc Raider
Off the top of my head... Wailing Caverns doesn't give an instance map. Shadowfang Keep mostly worked. It gave me the map where it would scroll (since Carbonite doesn't use a transitioning on one screen map system, it transitions from page to page), but it wouldn't show other players and whatnot. However, out of curiousity, I tried viewing the instance maps outside of the instance, and it gives me a message saying "This instance map requires the Atlas addon to be installed". So, I'll try doing that.

And my version is 5.1.6

Edit: weirdly, though. When I start up WoW and the Carbonite logo is at the top of the screen, it says

Carbonite version 5.6 build 192

So uh o.o;

Last edited by Amiekins : 06-29-13 at 08:32 PM.

06-29-13, 10:40 PM   #4
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The version you are using is the release version of Carbonite. (Please someone correct me if I am wrong, as I'm not sure of the version numbers)

Just to let you know, Rythal is going to discontinue the current version of Carbonite (labeled as "release") soon™ and he is going to release "Carbonite 2" when he is happy with it.. Support is not given for the release version.

Carbonite 2 is a total re-write of Carbonite and your issue has been addressed and resolved on the Alpha/Beta/Carbonite 2..

My suggestion is to try the Alpha/Beta/Carbonite 2

(Don't know what to call it now.. Rythal calls it Alpha, The Forum section is calls Beta and I want to call it Carbonite 2)

You can get it one of two ways...

1. You can right click the addon in curse and under the "preferred release type" select the Alpha version.
2. You can delete all the Carbonite folders from your /interface/addons directory, then unzip the contents of the zip file in the link below to /interface/addons
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...TAVERSION.html

There is still sections that are being worked on, so if you have any problems PLEASE report them in the Beta section of the forum. (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...play.php?f=160)

Last edited by JimJoBlue : 06-29-13 at 10:49 PM.

06-30-13, 08:21 PM   #5
Amiekins
A Murloc Raider
Oooh, okay. I'll gladly report any problems. Thanks so much.

07-28-13, 07:04 PM   #6
Squishery
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by JimJoBlue View Post
The version you are using is the release version of Carbonite. (Please someone correct me if I am wrong, as I'm not sure of the version numbers)

Just to let you know, Rythal is going to discontinue the current version of Carbonite (labeled as "release") soon™ and he is going to release "Carbonite 2" when he is happy with it.. Support is not given for the release version.

Carbonite 2 is a total re-write of Carbonite and your issue has been addressed and resolved on the Alpha/Beta/Carbonite 2..

My suggestion is to try the Alpha/Beta/Carbonite 2

(Don't know what to call it now.. Rythal calls it Alpha, The Forum section is calls Beta and I want to call it Carbonite 2)

You can get it one of two ways...

1. You can right click the addon in curse and under the "preferred release type" select the Alpha version.
2. You can delete all the Carbonite folders from your /interface/addons directory, then unzip the contents of the zip file in the link below to /interface/addons
http://www.wowinterface.com/download...TAVERSION.html

There is still sections that are being worked on, so if you have any problems PLEASE report them in the Beta section of the forum. (http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/f...play.php?f=160)

Hmmm. Thats great information, but I wish the developer would have made it available to us.
Every time I come here to look for an update (because there are bugs in maps, quest tracking oddities, BGs, scenarios dont function at all... and of course dungeons) there is just nothing.
So, Im not sure what to think.

I think Carbonite is a great WoW add-on, and would like to see it continue to improve and gain users, but I have started to nose around and see what other map add-ons are up to.

So here's to hoping for (if nothing else) a bone of information.

07-28-13, 08:07 PM   #7
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I've mentioned it in these forums, and i've mentioned it over on curse ... unfortunately there is no way I can broadcast the news to everyone easily without actually EOLing Carbonite which even then won't help... what I might end up doing when it's time is releasing one more version of Carbonite that when you start WoW pops up saying it's discontinued.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Dungeon maps