07-25-13, 12:53 PM   #1
cardinalsfan24_7
A Kobold Labourer
Problems with tracking quests in carbonite

I seem to be having a strange problem when trying to use Carbonite. My quest tracker is no longer working at all. The quest names aren't showing up and as such I cannot track the quests on the minimap and have no acces to the hot button on the quest tracker when I need to use an item in my inventory to complete.

I've tried everything I can think of to restore it including reinstalling Carbonite altogether. Does anyone have a suggestion?

07-25-13, 09:20 PM   #2
JimJoBlue
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by cardinalsfan24_7 View Post
I seem to be having a strange problem when trying to use Carbonite. My quest tracker is no longer working at all. The quest names aren't showing up and as such I cannot track the quests on the minimap and have no acces to the hot button on the quest tracker when I need to use an item in my inventory to complete.

I've tried everything I can think of to restore it including reinstalling Carbonite altogether. Does anyone have a suggestion?
Try deleting the Carbonite.lua and carbonite.lua.bak from the /wtf/accounts folder..

Do a search because there will be one for each toon.

If you are on the release version, then I suggest getting the alpha version.
Using curse client -> Right click carbonite in the list -> select the alpha under preferred release type.

07-26-13, 09:09 AM   #3
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
The Carbonite.lua and Carbonite.lua.bak that you will find in you character folders contains ONLY flight master information. IE: IT CONTAINS ONLY FLIGHT MASTERS KNOWN TO THAT CHARACTER.

The files you should be deleting / renaming are stored in your WTF folder at "Path to your WoW folder\WTF\Account\ACCOUNT NAME\SavedVariables\".

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Problems with tracking quests in carbonite