08-22-13, 12:03 AM   #1
davie261
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
My 2 cents

I have been using Carbonite addon since right after the original owners charged for it. It did many of the things I wanted it to do. The maps where the best available at the time and let me uninstall other addons like gatherer, etc. I previously had installed. It was not perfect, but I did donate a few bucks here and there, hoping the would keep working and improve on it. Alas they let it go, and Rythal had the balls to try and take it on. I only wish I knew how to write code, I would help if I could. I assumed others would, but it would seem he is not getting much help, if any. I am still using the latest released version, I believe it is 5.1.6, around 5 months old, correct me if I am wrong. It has its problems but it works well enough for me, and I have yet to need to uninstall it.

My point is this.. I am willing to wait for the perfect Carbonite addon, and I will not complain. If it does not function after the next patch I will uninstall until it is working, but complain, I will not! It will go down in the history of addons for WoW as one of the best, if it goes away and I will miss it. I appreciate all that have kept it alive, including the people that keep this forum active and try to help. that is my 2 cents, peace out.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » My 2 cents