10-01-08, 08:57 AM   #1
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
oUF - Layout discussion

The old oUF thread over at WoWace has become, quite a monster to say it softly. It's a mess of bug reports, layout issues and general issues/feature people have/want.

Please use this thread for layout discussion only.

Related forum thread: oUF - General discussion
Bug reports and feature requests should be posted over at the author portal. Issues with specific layouts should be posted in their respective place (not here, unless you are the author of the layout in question (and don't you dare to bend this exception! :p)).

Last edited by haste : 10-01-08 at 09:02 AM.

10-01-08, 10:27 AM   #2
MoonWitch
A Firelord
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Haste, is there actually a way to overwrite/override the pvp functions, because I prefer a textual tag, but would like to do that by not editting the oUF core?

10-01-08, 10:54 AM   #3
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
There isn't any internal functions for that on PvP, mostly because it's a shared event, and the shared event system is still to be written.

You can however do: self.UNIT_FACTION = myOwnUpdatePvPFunction;. Setting functions directly on the layout doesn't touch the core at all.

10-01-08, 11:41 AM   #4
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by haste View Post
There isn't any internal functions for that on PvP, mostly because it's a shared event, and the shared event system is still to be written.

You can however do: self.UNIT_FACTION = myOwnUpdatePvPFunction;. Setting functions directly on the layout doesn't touch the core at all.
Thanks I'll do that. I still get freaked out when I see the pvp icon, so I figured it'd be better for my heart to use text. :P

10-02-08, 02:52 AM   #5
Caellian
A Frostmaul Preserver

Is it possible to change the level of a text (fontstring) the same way it works for frames (SetFrameLevel).
I'm toying with portraits and would like to display something over it, but right now the portrait comes above of the text.

10-02-08, 04:06 AM   #6
zork
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Maybe I can help you out here. You could just use a helperframe that lays between portrait and text.

Code:

--I don't know the Portrait call but it should be similar
    self.pm1 = CreateFrame("PlayerModel", nil, self)
    self.pm1:SetFrameStrata("BACKGROUND")
    self.pm1:SetAllPoints(self)
    self.pm1:SetUnit(unit)
    --self.pm1:SetModelScale(1)
    self.pm1:SetCamera(0)    
    --self.pm1:SetRotation(0)    

self.pm1helper = CreateFrame("FRAME", nil, self.pm1)
    self.pm1helper:SetFrameStrata("LOW")
    self.pm1helper:SetAllPoints(self.pm1)

self.pm1helper.Text = SetFontString(self.pm1helper, nil, 13, "THINOUTLINE")
    self.pm1helper.Text:SetPoint('CENTER', 0, 0)

"I wonder what the non-pathetic people are doing tonight?" - Rajesh Koothrappali (The Big Bang Theory)

Last edited by zork : 10-02-08 at 04:25 AM.

10-05-08, 03:22 AM   #7
Frayol
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Originally Posted by MoonWitch View Post
Thanks I'll do that. I still get freaked out when I see the pvp icon, so I figured it'd be better for my heart to use text. :P
Did you get this to work? I'd be really interested to see the code you used if you did as it is something that I'd like to add as well. I too would prefer to see a text tag rather than the icon... for some reason the icon doesn't always register in my brain whereas text does.

On another note, is it possible to add the AFK and DND flags with oUF? I've tried looking, but haven't managed to find an answer yet. The only reason I ask is that I have a bad habit of setting flags and forgetting about them if there is nothing to remind me on my character frame.

10-05-08, 04:42 AM   #8
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Frayol View Post
Did you get this to work? I'd be really interested to see the code you used if you did as it is something that I'd like to add as well. I too would prefer to see a text tag rather than the icon... for some reason the icon doesn't always register in my brain whereas text does.

On another note, is it possible to add the AFK and DND flags with oUF? I've tried looking, but haven't managed to find an answer yet. The only reason I ask is that I have a bad habit of setting flags and forgetting about them if there is nothing to remind me on my character frame.
You can easily do this with custom tags, but it doesnt really have anything to do with unitframes, so thats the reason haste havent implemented it.

10-04-08, 12:44 AM   #9
zynix
A Cliff Giant
some help please

how in the earth do you move stuff, do you need to edit something in the .lua files or something

would love you help

Zynix

10-04-08, 02:41 AM   #10
zhr
A Kobold Labourer

i have a trouble with target names, they run on target hp http://img139.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lolnv5.jpg
how it to correct?
P.S. sorry for my english (:

10-04-08, 04:30 AM   #11
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Caellian, you really need to stop using that edit button . Especially when you add ten pages of text (and that 3 hours after it's been posted).

1) "Interface\AddOns\oUF_Caellian\oUF_Caellian.lua:56: attempt to index local 'parent' (a nil value)" tells you that you should take a look at line 56 in your layout code.

2) :GetText() returns a string containing the text of the fontstring, it won't do some magic updating for you. What you could do is to remove .Name, and use the castbar .Text to display name. You can do this with a post hook in the stop functions. Remember that you will have to do all the name updating yourself, and that is has to be aware of casts/channels.

vaddn, use locals and not globals when you create those frames. The initial code should work fine with that.

zhz, it's because your fontstrings have no width limitations. You can set these with :SetWidth and/or :SetPoint.

zynix, read up on :SetPoint, and look for it in the layout. Usually placed at the bottom.

10-04-08, 05:43 AM   #12
vadda
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by haste View Post
vaddn, use locals and not globals when you create those frames. The initial code should work fine with that.
Works like a charm...thx...made my day

10-05-08, 06:11 PM   #13
garnerh42
A Deviate Faerie Dragon

Hiding Cooldown

Starting with latest oUF and oUF_Ammo layout. I'm using OmniCC for cooldown numbers, but I'd prefer not to show the numbers or clock animation.

I found the block of code in aura.lua that shows or hides the cooldown on the icon, but I haven't been able to figure out what code to call in oUF_Ammo to turn it off permanently. I can, of course, comment out the block of code, but then I'd have to do that every time I get a new version.

I also tried creating my own PostUpdateAuraIcon like looked like this:

Code:
-- params omitted for brevity
local function myPostUpdateAuraIcon ( ... )
    if icon.cd then
        icon.cd:Hide()
    end
end
But that code didn't work. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

10-05-08, 06:19 PM   #14
p3lim
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Code:
local function PostCreateAuraIcon(self, button, icons, index, debuff)
	button.cd:Hide()
end
drycoded

10-05-08, 06:46 PM   #15
MoonWitch
A Firelord
Originally Posted by p3lim View Post
Code:
local function PostCreateAuraIcon(self, button, icons, index, debuff)
	button.cd:Hide()
end
drycoded
That's what I have to disable omnicc cd counts.

10-06-08, 06:46 AM   #16
Kellen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
I'm setting up player auras and wanted to have them displayed with a numeric duration next to them, like Elk's BuffBars (just time, I don't care about bars).

Looking at the Blizzard API's, it seems like you're only supposed to be able to get durations for things you cast. Elk's code gets around this (I think) with the follow type of code:

Code:
local buffIndex, untilCancelled = GetPlayerBuff(index, "HELPFUL")
local name, rank = GetPlayerBuffName(buffIndex)
local timeleft = GetPlayerBuffTimeLeft(buffIndex)
local timemax = timeleft
It also looks like there's a lookup table in there for recording/comparing the maximum time. Furthermore, I'm aware that the way you get aura information and calculate duration is changing, but until it does, I'd like to do things for the Live server.

I think I can duplicate this, but I'd love two pointers:

1. Is PostUpdateAuraIcon() the hook I want to be using for this? It seems to have the information I want and is per-aura.
2. If so, why is the 'index' parameter a table?

Still noobish with this stuff.

10-06-08, 08:27 AM   #17
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
2. If so, why is the 'index' parameter a table?
It isn't.

Code:
self:PostUpdateAuraIcon(icons, unit, icon, index, offset, filter, isDebuff)
-- is equal to:
self.PostUpdateAuraIcon(self, icons, unit, icon, index, offset, filter, isDebuff)
You're missing an argument in your function, hence to offset. Also do note that EBB only operates on your buffs, and that the index of GetPlayerBuff doesn't equal that of UnitBuff.

10-06-08, 11:54 AM   #18
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Originally Posted by Kellen View Post
I'm setting up player auras and wanted to have them displayed with a numeric duration next to them, like Elk's BuffBars (just time, I don't care about bars).

Looking at the Blizzard API's, it seems like you're only supposed to be able to get durations for things you cast. Elk's code gets around this (I think) with the follow type of code:
You always have the time for auras on yourself and your pet(?). It's when the auras are on other units that you only get the time for ones you cast. That's how the API works. And EBB does work for target, but if it's something you didn't cast, it won't have a time for it.
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

10-07-08, 08:39 AM   #19
Quokka
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Is there a way to show temp enhancements (Weapon Buffs) in the aura?

10-08-08, 09:01 AM   #20
haste
Featured Artist

Premium Member
Featured
Originally Posted by Quokka View Post
Is there a way to show temp enhancements (Weapon Buffs) in the aura?
Not without you doing all the work. The current weapon enchant API is _horrible_, and requires polling to even work. They are completely disconnected from the unit auras, and oUF will _never_ support them as long as that's the case/

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » oUF (Otravi Unit Frames) » oUF - Layout discussion