04-18-10, 02:19 AM   #1
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

no good addon for nameplates??

I apreciate the free work of addons authors but Im verry frustrated, lost 1 hour to find a addon who can RESIZE the nameplates (vertically/orizontally and to move it little etc) and didnt found one, except Aloft but this is bugged for me and for all i think after last patch.

i tried too Tidy plates and his extensions and other addons in vain

btw can i delete all blizzard addons with no problems? probably this ill fix little Aloft

Last edited by xromania™ : 04-18-10 at 02:25 AM.
04-18-10, 02:31 AM   #2
Moxie
A Cobalt Mageweaver

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you post on the Aloft page about the exact bugs you're seeing, the author has been amazing about fixing any reports and pushing a new release in fairly short order.

"The truth is like sunlight: people used to think it was good for you."

Last edited by Moxie : 04-18-10 at 02:33 AM.
04-18-10, 02:53 AM   #3
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

Deleting the blizzard folders wont really have an effect. As soon as you log in they will automatically be recreated.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-18-10, 03:52 AM   #4
mankeluvsit
An Onyxian Warder

if you know lua, ncnameplates or caelnameplates.
04-18-10, 10:30 AM   #5
Fodaro
A Cyclonian

DocsUI Nameplates is very resizable, as well as having loads of good other features.
04-18-10, 02:05 PM   #6
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thanks i tried these before but i dont saw any option to RESIZE, or i think i saw one but not working. Can be my game bugged and probably others can resize and me not?... i dont think so

Mankeluvsit what u mean lua? your answer is confused sry and caelnameplates dont have any option to resize and the other is outated

Last edited by xromania™ : 04-18-10 at 02:11 PM.
04-18-10, 02:09 PM   #7
sakurakira
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Originally Posted by xromania™ View Post
btw can i delete all blizzard addons with no problems? probably this ill fix little Aloft
Yes.

You can delete the Cache, Interface, and WTF folders in the World of Warcraft directory if you think any of those things are causing issues. New files will be created when you start up WoW again.
04-18-10, 03:12 PM   #8
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

thanks i tried these before but i dont saw any option to RESIZE, or i think i saw one but not working. Can be my game bugged and probably others can resize and me not?... i dont think so

Mankeluvsit what u mean lua? your answer is confused sry and caelnameplates dont have any option to resize and the other is outated
Lua is the language used to write addons. So with a little knowledge/practice you can change them to your liking.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor
04-20-10, 08:29 AM   #9
sniper472
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by mankeluvsit View Post
if you know lua, ncnameplates or caelnameplates.
That's what I did with caelNameplates. Just went in and changed the height on the frames. Doesn't require TOO much knowledge of LUA either.
04-20-10, 10:02 AM   #10
Fodaro
A Cyclonian

thanks i tried these before but i dont saw any option to RESIZE
DocsUI Nameplates can be resized by opening the interface options, selecting the addOns tab and the DocsUI Nameplates panel. From there, click the plus sign next to Layout followed by Size, and adjust the sliders to your needs.
04-23-10, 05:12 AM   #11
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

i tried i said and with caelnameplates i cant see at last any bar over players head, only the names
Thats all nameplates addons?!
04-23-10, 05:57 AM   #12
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
Try pressing V (enemies), Shift+V (friendly) or Ctrl+V (all) and see if any combination works.

If you changed something in it download it again, you might have broken something.

edit: Just tried caelNameplates and it works.

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 04-23-10 at 06:05 AM.
04-23-10, 05:59 AM   #13
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

AddOn Compiler - Click to view compilations
If you give DocsUINameplates another try, I think that might be the one you are referring to that wasn't working properly. It has a few nice setting to change the size of the nameplates, both in and out of combat. The catch is, it also has a "Reload" button at the top of the settings window that will reload your UI. This button needs to be pushed before any of your setting changes take effect. If you made changes to the nameplates without hitting the reload button, nothing would have changed for you.
04-23-10, 11:42 AM   #14
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

thx but sure i know about pressing v etc, but i cant see any plate bar, just the names, with caelnameplates, verry strange. So probably my game have a problem, because aloft too is bugged.

To repari I cant just delete wtf cache interfarce because i have a addon, macaroon, where i worked months to customise my actions bars for all chars. I know i can save macaroon data, but is to much work etc
04-23-10, 12:01 PM   #15
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

The is also an option in both Aloft and DocsUINameplates for unit visibility. Go into those sections and make sure that the units you want to show are checked.
One note about Docs': it doesn't show friendly/neutral nameplates (which is one thing I like about it). You will only see nameplates of mobs/players that are hostile to you (hostile mobs, neutral mobs that you've gained aggro on by attacking, Flagged Players, etc...)
Also, I run into the issue of accidentally hitting "v" from time to time instead of "b" when opening my bags. It helps to go into your key-bindings and changing the nameplate key to something else like "shift-v".
Lastly, if you go into your WTF folder, and further into your account and "Saved Variables" folders you will find 2 files named after each addon you have installed and tried since last time you wiped your WTF folder. If you delete these files only, it will not mess with the setting of Macaroon or any other addons you do not wish to lose the settings on.

Hope this helps.
04-23-10, 12:23 PM   #16
harrellj
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Since you are having so many issues with the nameplates addons, especially with the health/cast bars not showing, I'd highly recommend that you back up your interface folder, find the macaroon files within your WTF folder and repair your WoW install.
04-24-10, 02:11 AM   #17
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

Thanks good answers. About reinstalling the game, but this isnt just a interface problem?...
With DocsUInameplates and Aloft when i resize etc the plates nothing happen usualy until i enter a bgs or area for example or reload UI, strange. You guys i gues can see imediatly the modification, right?

In DocsUInameplates we cant see on friendly units what class are them, i mean some class color or icon? Or cant enable the plates for friendly units? i see only the letters and in options nothing about that

Last edited by xromania™ : 04-25-10 at 12:52 PM.
04-25-10, 12:50 PM   #18
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

edit . .
04-25-10, 02:46 PM   #19
littlebuddha79
An Onyxian Warder

Thanks good answers. About reinstalling the game, but this isnt just a interface problem?...
With DocsUInameplates and Aloft when i resize etc the plates nothing happen usualy until i enter a bgs or area for example or reload UI, strange. You guys i gues can see imediatly the modification, right?

In DocsUInameplates we cant see on friendly units what class are them, i mean some class color or icon? Or cant enable the plates for friendly units? i see only the letters and in options nothing about that
With Docs', I think it's designed to only show changes after a UI reload. It also doesn't show any class colors for text. It only shows class color on the health bar, and only shows the health bar for hostile player (flagged for PVP). The only text color changes are for types of mobs (green, yellow, red, grey, blue depending on their difficulty level and if they are friendly or not), or for players guild members show up with green lettering, friends show up with a pinkish-purple color, and everyone else is blue.

I'm not too sure about Aloft. I haven't used it in a while, but when I used to use it changes would show up as you were adjusting them in the options menu. The only thing I can think of for you not being able to see them is any changes made to the addon since I stopped using it, or perhaps a localization problem with the addon porting to your native language or area of the world (I noticed your note about your english in your signature, which is great by the way ).
04-26-10, 05:37 AM   #20
xromania™
A Frostmaul Preserver

heh thanks... so with docUI cant see the plates from friendly guys, strange... and there are not other complete addons for plates like Aloft...

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Search/Requests » no good addon for nameplates??