10-02-09, 10:36 PM   #1
nonretadin
A Warpwood Thunder Caller

Question so i am a protadin...

ok i am a protection paladin level 80 but i've looked up and down this website and cant find the addon i need i need an addon the keeps track of the number of mobs in the last combat session? if one exists plz link thanks in advance

Banana's for jou
10-02-09, 10:49 PM   #2
zero-kill
A Firelord

Could you clarify exactly what you want? Do you want to know the number of mobs you tanked between the time you flagged for combat and then un-flagged?
10-02-09, 10:52 PM   #3
nonretadin

sorta

sorta kinda like that like if i went in on my mount and gathered 20ish monsters i want to know how many i killed in that one battle
10-02-09, 10:55 PM   #4
zero-kill
A Firelord

So a statistic monitoring the number of mobs you pulled vs. killed?
10-02-09, 10:57 PM   #5
nonretadin

in a video

ok i was watching a video of AoE grinding and this protadin had a gaint number appear in the middle of his screen with the number of mobs he had killed so far in 1 pull like 15
10-03-09, 03:28 AM   #6
v6o
An Onyxian Warder
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I just made an addon for you as I like the practice.
Uploaded under the name Killing Blow Counter and awaiting validation.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...owCounter.html

If you need to contact me, do so on Twitter @v6ooo

Best regards, v6.

Last edited by v6o : 10-03-09 at 03:43 AM. Reason: AddOn no longer awaiting validation!
10-03-09, 06:40 AM   #7
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by nonretadin View Post
sorta kinda like that like if i went in on my mount and gathered 20ish monsters i want to know how many i killed in that one battle
Eh, as you appear to be a little new, I'd like to point out something...

There isn't a spot in the game (other than perhaps level 30'ish murlocs where you can pull that many mobs. This is especially true in places where you'd need to mount in order to do so. They simply won't follow you. The most you're going to pull in Northrend is around 6 or 8 and well, if you need something to help you count 8 mobs, then you have other problems So, while it may be neato to you to have people know you can pull that many mobs, most of us have been around long enough to know there simply isn't spots like that Unless, of course, you want to grind level 30 mobs and I seriously doubt that.

The game isn't that skewed that it would favor one class being able to "out-farm" another in such a way. Stick to your mobs of 6-8 and move on to the next pack. You'll farm much more efficiently this way instead of seeing aggro'ed mobs dropping off and resetting as you try to gather them up.

Also, I don't know too many people (who have been here a while) that refer to them as protadins. The common term for kids who want to be neato is "tankadin" or "insert word here - adin". Then again, I'm jaded, I've been a paladin for almost 5 years. I can't stand people using the term "pally" either. Welcome to the game?

BTW, let me know the magical place where you can gather up 15-20 mobs. Also, tell me what they drop that's significant farming material and I may go check it out myself. Probably not though, I can't even login these days to farm or whatever without people bugging me to tank runs, etc. Alts are sanity savers!
10-03-09, 06:45 AM   #8
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

You're forgetting instances, Republic. The video was probably in SM, as that's a popular AoE grinding place (Heaven knows why). The number itself was most likely just edited into the video.

I play a "prot paladin" and refer to my character as whatever comes first. Tankadin, prot pally, whatever. It's really insignificant.
10-03-09, 07:52 AM   #9
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by shkm View Post
You're forgetting instances, Republic. The video was probably in SM, as that's a popular AoE grinding place (Heaven knows why). The number itself was most likely just edited into the video.

I play a "prot paladin" and refer to my character as whatever comes first. Tankadin, prot pally, whatever. It's really insignificant.
Well, not for nothing, but there aren't many instances that allow you to mount up and farm. Are there? SM was popular for shard farming at one point (small brilliant shards I believe for fiery enchantments back in the day). Even so, you couldn't do it by mounting and the mobs would still reset even after following you a good ways (unless you did cathedral and went straight in to the boss which pulled everything inside the cathedral). Mobs still reset in most all instances after following you a good ways. I know this firsthand from running lower level friends through places and finding it a pain in the rear to have to double back because a mob dropped or reset. That's also an amusing way to get your lower level friend killed Anyway, onward and upward.

I can think of 2 or 3 spots inside instances where it may be possible to gather 20 mobs. There's a couple of spots in purple Mara where you might be able to get enough imps and satyrs. There's a spot or two in Gnomer where you can get a good number of troggs. There's a paladin picnic to be had in Strat, especially around the fountain near the piccolo guy. When I was farming AD rep, I pulled entire map segments of Strat. That's about the only spots I can think of for this kind of farming and none of it can be done on horseback Anyway...happy farming.
10-03-09, 08:11 AM   #10
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

I've really never had issues pulling almost entire instances as far as mob resets go. Indeed, Cathedral farming is typical -- though rather pointless nowadays, in my opinion -- as you can easily pull all of the inside simply by touching the boss, but you can really pull all mobs in just about any instance with some extra effort. If anything, resets are rare or the result of a bug because instances are simply not designed to allow you to outrun mobs.

If horseback is really the thing here, then there are indeed very few places within an instance; BM is one, and you could always count some old raids. Ultimately, though, the number "20" was just used for the sake of an example.

In any case, it's good to see an addon having come out of the discussion so quickly via Yourstruly.
10-03-09, 09:45 AM   #11
ravagernl
Proceritate Corporis
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Eh, as you appear to be a little new, I'd like to point out something...

There isn't a spot in the game (other than perhaps level 30'ish murlocs where you can pull that many mobs.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nBoIBSbl9Rg
10-03-09, 01:58 PM   #12
Republic
Paladin

Originally Posted by mrruben5 View Post
Sorry, I don't visit/support/enable youtube. You'll have to tell me what that is if you want me to know If you are posting the exception rather than the rule, congrats. I didn't mean my comments literally as I've already pointed out a few other spots to farm 20 mobs at a time (if one must farm 20 at a time, or talk about farming 20 at a time). But hell, I know enough about the game to be reasonably confident that video link doesn't show a damned thing in Northrend, and well, where else is farming worth a damn if you're level 80? So, thank you for the exception, but the rule is still that most of this thread is pointless because there aren't enough places to make any of this viable.

Let me re-phrase so that there is no confusion. Throughout 99.99% of the game, there are VERY FEW spots where anyone can gather up large enough packs of mobs to make this kinda farming viable/worth a damn. In a game where you can now mount at 20, I am not surprised people are unable/unwilling to count their corpses if they are indeed truly interested in the numbers of mobs killed Why even fight at all? How about a mod that logs you in, plays your toon for you, and logs you out when it thinks you really need to do your homework?

The last thing we need is another mod that caters to vanity. What's next?

<A Trade Chat Session Near You>

Kid A - "I'm farming 20 mobs at a time because I'm leet"

Kid B - "Oh yeah, you should be able to do 25 at a time..."

Kid C - "Yeah, if you can't do 30 at a time, you should kill yourself..."

Kid A - "I sure wish there was a reaffirmation mod out there, other than a gear score mod, I need things to stroke my fragile ego"

Kid B - "Yeah, it sucks being a nerd"

Republic leaves trade.

Last edited by Republic : 10-03-09 at 02:02 PM.
10-03-09, 02:19 PM   #13
Praesagus
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by Republic View Post
Sorry, I don't visit/support/enable youtube. You'll have to tell me what that is if you want me to know If you are posting the exception rather than the rule, congrats. I didn't mean my comments literally as I've already pointed out a few other spots to farm 20 mobs at a time (if one must farm 20 at a time, or talk about farming 20 at a time). But hell, I know enough about the game to be reasonably confident that video link doesn't show a damned thing in Northrend, and well, where else is farming worth a damn if you're level 80? So, thank you for the exception, but the rule is still that most of this thread is pointless because there aren't enough places to make any of this viable.

Let me re-phrase so that there is no confusion. Throughout 99.99% of the game, there are VERY FEW spots where anyone can gather up large enough packs of mobs to make this kinda farming viable/worth a damn. In a game where you can now mount at 20, I am not surprised people are unable/unwilling to count their corpses if they are indeed truly interested in the numbers of mobs killed Why even fight at all? How about a mod that logs you in, plays your toon for you, and logs you out when it thinks you really need to do your homework?

The last thing we need is another mod that caters to vanity. What's next?

<A Trade Chat Session Near You>

Kid A - "I'm farming 20 mobs at a time because I'm leet"

Kid B - "Oh yeah, you should be able to do 25 at a time..."

Kid C - "Yeah, if you can't do 30 at a time, you should kill yourself..."

Kid A - "I sure wish there was a reaffirmation mod out there, other than a gear score mod, I need things to stroke my fragile ego"

Kid B - "Yeah, it sucks being a nerd"

Republic leaves trade.
Do you just hover over the forums looking for ways to judge people? If he wants to farm 20 mobs and asked for help, that's what the forums are for. Go squash bugs or something outside to make yourself feel superior.
10-03-09, 03:52 PM   #14
nonretadin

Originally Posted by Yourstruly View Post
I just made an addon for you as I like the practice.
Uploaded under the name Killing Blow Counter and awaiting validation.

http://www.wowinterface.com/download...owCounter.html
awesome thanks just what i was looking for
good arguement didnt want to interrupt :P
10-03-09, 05:08 PM   #15
shkm
A Chromatic Dragonspawn

Excellent observations there, Praesagus. The OP got his addon, thus I don't think discussing the following any further matures the thread:
  • That there are no viable places you can grind 20+ mobs in the game;
  • That giving your class a nickname places you inferior;
  • That you have an unfathomable problem with YouTube (?!);
  • That you have spent a long time playing this game;
  • That this small, harmless mod will spawn contests in trade.

Without going out of line, the smell of unfounded elitism is putrid.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » Class Discussions » so i am a protadin...