11-06-08, 11:32 AM   #1
tayedaen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Question: Suppress Animation

Hi!

Death knights have an area effect called "desecration", and many people (at least here) do not like the visual animation of this spell.
Mostly not for esthetic reasons, but because it's a performance hog.

Now is it possible just to switch off/suppress this one animation while keeping the rest of the UI at max detail level ?
11-06-08, 12:49 PM   #2
Wikwocket
A Theradrim Guardian
If it is a graphic affect, it can be controlled under video options, not UI options. I would try playing with Spell Detail.

Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to turn down the detail of one spell without affecting the entire graphics engine.
07-24-09, 05:04 PM   #3
Dawnspire
A Murloc Raider
Unfortunately I don't think there's any way to turn down the detail of one spell without affecting the entire graphics engine.
This . The spell effects are part of the grafhic engine , maybe hrdcoded into wow's *.exe so, you can't .

I also may be in an MPQ but this require modifying Blizzard's files wich i know is forbidden ...
07-24-09, 07:23 PM   #4
Petrah
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by tayedaen View Post
Hi!

Mostly not for esthetic reasons, but because it's a performance hog.
That definitely should not be happening unless you are either running old hardware, out of date video drivers, or you have a bottleneck somewhere. They can better assist you in zeroing in on the reason if you post over in the wow tech support forum.

Edit: My settings are mostly over halfway to the right or maxed. Spell Detail (Particle Density) is maxed, and the Shadow setting is a little less than half to the right. Sorry about picture quality.. I had to resize as it was above size limitations for here.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WoWScrnShot_072409_183634.png
Views:	904
Size:	1.50 MB
ID:	3072  

Last edited by Petrah : 07-24-09 at 08:01 PM. Reason: added image

WoWInterface » Developer Discussions » Graphics Help » Question: Suppress Animation