05-01-10, 07:07 AM   #1
Tuskar
A Murloc Raider
Why the hell is my Chat font bold?

After two hours of search and try to change the fonts don't know what to do?

The chat font is still bold and not the standard like the font in the combat chat. The bold font makes it hard to follow the chats and annoys me - is it possible to change it?

Thanks for your help...

Tuskar - from Forscherliga (German RP-Server)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ScreenShot_050110_150506.jpeg
Views:	856
Size:	713.9 KB
ID:	4222  

05-01-10, 07:14 AM   #2
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
If you're not using a chat mod like Prat or Chatter then open up your nUI localization file in the AddOns/nUI folder and locate the one for your locality. There will be 2 sets of nUI["Font1"] nUI["Font2"] .. names from memory so forgive me if they are slightly wrong .. One will affect chatter and the other for pretty much anything else.

You will see one line will not have -- in front of it. This is the one in current use. Simply put -- in front of it and take out -- in front of one of the others in that block and do a /nui rl and see the result.

05-01-10, 08:38 AM   #3
Tuskar
A Murloc Raider
Yeah that's what I tried to do, but did not work out. The font changes but keeps bold.

05-01-10, 08:48 AM   #4
Equelibrium
An Aku'mai Servant
Yep, .16 release messed up the font stuff. Over all my three account and 30 toons it's all the same. It will always reset on login, no matter what you do.

Also, editbox is messed up, with a very small font. Can't get it to change no matter what I do.

Using Prat.

Last edited by Equelibrium : 05-01-10 at 08:52 AM.

05-01-10, 08:48 AM   #5
Tuskar
A Murloc Raider
Whow ok, I tried the Arilan Font in the localization.deDE.lua witch solved the problem right away.

Many Thanks for the fast support

Greetings from Germany
Tuskar

05-01-10, 08:59 AM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
Originally Posted by Equelibrium View Post
Yep, .16 release messed up the font stuff. Over all my three account and 30 toons it's all the same. It will always reset on login, no matter what you do.

Also, editbox is messed up, with a very small font. Can't get it to change no matter what I do.

Using Prat.
Ah, I noticed the edit box problem myself. Just thought it had always been like that and not noticed rofl. It is possibly due to the new event order changes that were set up. The other addons may not have noticed or come across the same problems nUI has and thus have not needed the event changes nUI has to work consistently.

Edit: Well, tried to take a look to confirm my suspicions but unfortunately chat use ace to do their stuff so its hard for me to see what events are doing what *sigh*.

Last edited by Xrystal : 05-01-10 at 09:09 AM.

05-01-10, 09:20 AM   #7
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Originally Posted by Equelibrium View Post

Using Prat.
I'm going to bet money that Prat is still relying on the VARIABLES_LOADED event before it does anything, so nUI is updating the fonts *after* Prat updates them.

I'll see if I can add a trap for that to make sure I don't do anything to fonts if Prat is loaded and present.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

05-01-10, 05:25 PM   #8
Equelibrium
An Aku'mai Servant
.17 fixed the problems for me, thanks a lot!

You're probably the quickest bug-fixer I've ever seen, kudos!

06-01-10, 02:03 PM   #9
jhebert121
A Defias Bandit
Originally Posted by Tuskar View Post
After two hours of search and try to change the fonts don't know what to do?

The chat font is still bold and not the standard like the font in the combat chat. The bold font makes it hard to follow the chats and annoys me - is it possible to change it?

Thanks for your help...

Tuskar - from Forscherliga (German RP-Server)
So I am on the latest current release 5.06.21 and am having this same issue. My General chat window is all bold and ugly. I can change it to 12 point and everything is fine that is until I "/nui rl" or restart the game. Is this issue going to be addressed?

06-01-10, 03:59 PM   #10
spiel2001
nUI's Author

Just open the file [ Interface > AddOns > nUI > Main > localization.lua ] and uncomment the default font and comment out the custom font. That fixes the problem you're describing.

You can also install either Prat or Chatter to get much greater control over the chat window. nUI is compatible with both.

What people don't get is that I am, ultimately, an artist at heart.
My brush has two colors, 1 and 0, and my canvas is made of silicon.

Official nUI Web Site: http://www.nUIaddon.com
Official nUI Support Forum: http://forums.nUIaddon.com
My day job: http://www.presidio.com/

06-01-10, 09:05 PM   #11
jhebert121
A Defias Bandit
Thank you speil for the prompt response. I think I am going to try out Prat. BTW I love your addon. Didn't favor it at first but it was just because I was having trouble letting go my personal setup.

Edit: I have installed Prat and it works like a champ.

Last edited by jhebert121 : 06-02-10 at 08:01 AM.

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Bug Reports » Why the hell is my Chat font bold?