05-02-12, 03:58 PM   #1
trytiped1
A Defias Bandit
Carbonite Disappeared Help!

I was using Carbonite then it said that it does not have the ability to use the quest item from the sidebar (I should have just used it from my bags) So it asked if I wanted to switch back to the original tracker and I evidently clicked yes So now I have no clue how to switch back I tried deleting the files then restoring them with new ones and deleting the WTF variable folder Nothing has worked does anyone know any in game setting of how to get it back?
ANY support will be Greatly appreciated!

05-02-12, 05:01 PM   #2
jeffy162
A Pyroguard Emberseer

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by trytiped1 View Post
I was using Carbonite then it said that it does not have the ability to use the quest item from the sidebar (I should have just used it from my bags) So it asked if I wanted to switch back to the original tracker and I evidently clicked yes So now I have no clue how to switch back I tried deleting the files then restoring them with new ones and deleting the WTF variable folder Nothing has worked does anyone know any in game setting of how to get it back?
ANY support will be Greatly appreciated!
That's ...... different.

Before trying anything else, type "/carb resetwin" (without the quotes) in chat. If that doesn't help, try the next suggestion.

If it's just a case of not being able to use Carbonites Quest Watch you might be able to fix that through a combination of Carbonites and the default options.

Open Carbonites options (type "/carb options" in chat, right click the Carbonite minimap button and choose "Options" in the menu, right click a non-icon area of any Carbonite map and choose "Options" in the menu) to the "Modules" page and make sure the "Enable Questing" options is checked. Then go to the "Quest Watch" page and make sure the "Hide" option is not checked and that any other option you want to use is checked.

Then you can open Blizzards default quest watch options ("esc" key > Interface > Game tab > Objectives) and uncheck everything on the page.

Carbonite <----- GitHub main module (Maps ONLY) download link. The other modules are also available on GitHub.
Carbonite-CLASSIC<----- GitHub link to Carbonite Classic. Thanks to ircdirk for this!

05-02-12, 06:06 PM   #3
Phanx
Cat.

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
I'm guessing that what you saw was the default UI's "Action blocked because of taint from Addon X, would you like to disable it?" message, in which case clicking "Yes" would cause Addon X (in this case, Carbonite) to be disabled. To re-enable it, log out of your character, click the "AddOns" button in the lower left corner of the character selection screen, and click the checkbox next to Carbonite (or whichever Carbonite component handles the quest watch) until the check mark is gold (not missing or silver). Then log back in, and the Carbonite quest tracker should be enabled again.

Usually these kind of messages are not actually caused by the addon they name. Blizzard is just really bad at identifying which addon actually caused the taint, and sometimes it's even caused by Blizzard's own UI code and not any addon at all. When you see that message, just click "No" and then reload the UI yourself without disabling any addons (type "/console reloadui"). This will usually fix the problem.

05-02-12, 06:58 PM   #4
trytiped1
A Defias Bandit
Thank you!

Problem solved, Yes I went into addons In the logout screen and checked Carbonite 4.3 and clicked apply all Hope this thread helps anyone who might have the same problem!

Thx for all your support and for Phanx answering the problem

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Carbonite Disappeared Help!