07-30-10, 10:30 PM   #1
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
Question Cataclysm Catastophe!

Ok, the title of this post is only what I don't want to see and what I am deathly afraid of. I wake up in cold sweats at night from nightmares of Cataclysm coming online and there being no compatible version of nUI available for immediate download.

So, as more of a question than a suggestion, I am just wondering if nUI for Cataclysm is already in the works, already complete and working suberbly on Cataclysm Beta, or will I wake up one fateful Cataclysm Release morning to find out that the Grinch stole nUI?

My nail biting is starting to draw blood!

Thanks for all the hard work on my absolute favorite addon!

Edit : Doh! No need to tell me I spelled Catastrophe wrong.

Last edited by aessedai : 07-30-10 at 10:34 PM.

07-30-10, 11:02 PM   #2
MidgetMage55
Grinch!

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Currently Addons are not enabled in the beta. So testing for cataclysm compatibility has not yet begun. Scott has stated that for once they are enabled he will be progressing with nUI 6 solely for Cata.

I am sure his goal is to have a fully working version ready for Cata release. However that will depend highly on what happens when the addons are enabled so developers can get to work.

I think Hong Kong Phooey was a ninja AND a pirate. That was just too much awesome. - Yhor

07-30-10, 11:24 PM   #3
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
One of the first things I do when a big patch comes out is test it with nUI and bug fix and patch it to at least a stage where it runs rofl .. so people aren't thrown in at the deep end with big problems. Of course the more addons you need the worse it can get.

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

07-31-10, 06:15 PM   #4
aessedai
An Aku'mai Servant
There are certainly around 4 or 5 addons that I really would hate to live without, but first and foremost by a wide margin is nUI.

08-16-10, 08:31 PM   #5
reddrumjay
A Black Drake
I agree on critical addons, but when it comes down to it, the ones I can't live without are nUI and DBM.

I turned off nUI the other day to test something, and it was like I didn't know how to play the game anymore! LOL

08-16-10, 10:02 PM   #6
Xrystal
nUI Maintainer

Premium Member
oh my that was me .. I had to turn off nUI cos my framerate was down to 2fps for a raid .. it lasted that raid only due to the fact I do mouseover healing.. but definitely harder to work with without nUI now

Characters:
Gwynedda - 70 - Demon Warlock
Galaviel - 65 - Resto Druid
Gamaliel - 61 - Disc Priest
Gwynytha - 60 - Survival Hunter
Lienae - 60 - Resto Shaman
Plus several others below level 60

Info Panel IDs : http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...818#post136818

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » nUI, MozzFullWorldMap and PartySpotter » Support » nUI: Suggestion Box » Cataclysm Catastophe!