11-22-12, 05:23 PM   #1
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
How Do You Turn This Off in V5.057

When you look at the screenshot I attached, just overhead of the NPC my toon is facing, you can see a Carbonite small screen display for HP and MP stats which, so far, I haven't been able to turn off (they're too darn small for me to easily read which bugs the hell out of me, plus nUI also makes them completely redundant and unnecessary).

I was told elsewhere that I can turn off this Carbonite stat display off by either:

Right clicking on the mini-map, click on show, and then on Show 1-2 (or something like that, don't remember the specific name it was given) to remove it.

or

By going to the Options/Modules section and turning off "show info windows".

The mini-map option doesn't show up anywhere in any of the mini-map right-click options on my system, and neither does turning off "show info windows" in the main options remove them. The bottom line is that neither suggestion for turning the stat display off works.

How in heck do you turn off this set of stats that Carbonite is displaying?

Last edited by Coasty : 10-24-18 at 06:25 PM.

11-22-12, 07:26 PM   #2
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
well it definitely looks like the info windows. have you tried to mouse over them and right click then close them that way?

actually if you right click the "C" in the mini-map button and show/hide info window 1 2

Last edited by mjumnito : 11-22-12 at 07:47 PM.

11-22-12, 07:45 PM   #3
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I'm not much help in finding the solution, I wasn't aware there was any part of carbonite that would create info plates like that.

11-23-12, 07:12 PM   #4
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by mjumnito View Post
well it definitely looks like the info windows. have you tried to mouse over them and right click then close them that way?

actually if you right click the "C" in the mini-map button and show/hide info window 1 2
Nope, those info windows are transparent to mouse clicks, so I can't shut them down that way.

As for "right click the "C" in the mini-map button", my main question is, what "C" and mini-map button are you talking about? I've reset Carbonite back to its defaults and there is no such button on my screen.

Rythal: I'm not much help in finding the solution, I wasn't aware there was any part of carbonite that would create info plates like that.
Heh, neither was I aware! This info window first showed up around version 5.054, at least I think that's when they first showed up. At first I just ignored it but, over time, the longer it was up the more annoyed I got by it. I double-checked earlier this morning, and it's definitely Carbonite that's putting up that info window display. I turned off all plugins and the display went away, then turned back on just Carbonite and the info window immediately came back. What in the heck caused it to start displaying is beyond me. Right now I guess I'll just have to leave Carbonite as the only running plugin and start turning on/off features to see if I can it to go away. One thing though is definitely for sure, none of the suggestions I've gotten so far work at all because they all seem to involve right clicking on C in the mini-map button and then clicking on a "show/hide info window 1 2" option choice. Except, all I can say, is... "What mini-map button", Carbonite isn't displaying one for me, even after I reset all the options to Carbonites "defaults", and I have no idea why it isn't appearing. So, somehow I suspect that going through the main options to try and remove that info window isn't going to do me much good.

Heh, there's one bright spot though... I did some Halfhill cooking dailies yesterday and, I'll be darned, one of the dailies quest blobs actually had the quest area highlighted to show you the general area of where the quest activity would take place. Naturally, of course, it only worked for just one quest instead of all of them, but at least it showed that the code for that stuff is actually trying to work as intended. Quite sporadic but, what the hell, at least it worked this one time.

Last edited by Coasty : 11-23-12 at 07:45 PM.

11-23-12, 07:16 PM   #5
Vis
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Did you look in the nUI button bag for the Carbonite button?

It also looks like you have one of the modules to Auctioneer running that plays with buttons. The gold rectangle on the right side of the screen just above "Water Elemental". If that's a pull out/click out menu of all your minimap/ldb buttons then it may be in there also.

Last edited by Vis : 11-23-12 at 07:22 PM.

11-23-12, 08:06 PM   #6
Rythal
Featured Artist
Featured
I'll be damned... it is the Info 1 2 thing, I just turned it on then off again

As Vis said, the carbonite C should be in the button bag

11-23-12, 08:13 PM   #7
Coasty
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by Vis View Post
Did you look in the nUI button bag for the Carbonite button?

It also looks like you have one of the modules to Auctioneer running that plays with buttons. The gold rectangle on the right side of the screen just above "Water Elemental". If that's a pull out/click out menu of all your minimap/ldb buttons then it may be in there also.
Heh... I know the Auctioneer button bar you're talking about, but at the moment Carbonite is the only plugin running. I reset Carbonite to its defaults in case it might of gotten off-screen somehow, but that didn't work.

OK, I just got through turning Auctioneer on and Carbs button showed up in Auctioneer's LDB right side screen edge button bar. That did the trick and I got the Carb stats display turned off. I then went to Carbs main options and noticed that in /Modules the "show info windows" option also got turned off. I'm guessing that one of Rythal's updates must of turned that /Modules option back on and I never noticed it. I doubt, going some years back to when I first installed Carb, that it has ever been turned on, before whatever update did it for me, as up until now I'd never seen that particular stat display.

In any event, problem solved, and thanks for reminding me of the Auctioneer LDB button bar (which I normally never think of or use).

Oh well, at least Rythal and I learned something new, so it wasn't a total waste of time...

11-23-12, 08:49 PM   #8
mjumnito
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
in the event anybody else runs into this(not being able to find the "C" button you can turn info 1 and info 2 off by using
Code:
/carb winshow nxinfo2
and 
/carb winshow nxinfo1
info 1 shows, from what i can tell, cast cool downs
info 2 shows hp/mana/rage?

Last edited by mjumnito : 11-23-12 at 08:52 PM. Reason: spelling

WoWInterface » Featured Projects » Carbonite » Carbonite Archive » Can Anybody ID This???