07-24-08, 11:33 PM   #41
dhask
A Murloc Raider
AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Well, I was quite shocked to find my AddOn wasn't up to date -- apparently I hadn't uploaded since 2.1 (!!) despite having had a 2.4 compatible version since 2.4.0 was released.

So, yeah, yay, updated addon.

I think I'm entered in the curse beta key give-away, I trust Blizzard will be able to filter that out just fine: it's the same account I'll be linked to either way.
07-25-08, 11:01 AM   #42
Tristanian
Andúril
Premium Member
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
FYI, there's a US, PvE, Alliance WotLK Beta author guild already set up. A crew of us that were in the F&FA got it started. Look for someone in < Secure Templars > to ask for an invite. US PvE Horde still has to be set up yet, EU guilds to be set up yet.
Any idea if or even when a European guild will be created ?
07-25-08, 11:39 AM   #43
Dashkal
A Murloc Raider
Originally Posted by Cairenn View Post
FYI, there's a US, PvE, Alliance WotLK Beta author guild already set up. A crew of us that were in the F&FA got it started. Look for someone in < Secure Templars > to ask for an invite. US PvE Horde still has to be set up yet, EU guilds to be set up yet.
ooo, this sounds like a very good thing. I was afraid I'd be stuck with only general to keep me company.
07-25-08, 01:34 PM   #44
hermit
A Defias Bandit
Neat, pushed me to uploading my little addon here.
The opportunity is much appreciated.

In the terms for the beta it says that if you receive multiple keys, you are free to gift them to friends or family, so, as long as you're not selling them, I'd figure it's probably fine.
07-26-08, 05:19 PM   #45
runemanager
A Defias Bandit
Oh god, I did just create this account and in fact, I am very interested in joining this website for future releases too. It just so happened that there was a beta key giveaway too.

Apologies for that. Um, I will be sticking around though.
07-26-08, 07:47 PM   #46
Duerma
A Defias Bandit

When I wrote my mod last year, I had assumed I had covered all the major sites. Of course, this would be the one that I missed. Thanks for the opportunity!
07-28-08, 12:54 AM   #47
Elkano
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Originally Posted by Tristanian View Post
Any idea if or even when a European guild will be created ?
I'm pretty sure there will since we did it for BC beta, too
07-28-08, 10:24 AM   #48
dafire
Premium Member
is the first batch gone, yet ?
07-28-08, 10:41 AM   #49
x(wai)x
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Originally Posted by dafire View Post
is the first batch gone, yet ?
Yeah, we're not impatient at all, huh?
07-28-08, 10:53 AM   #50
Icecoldcoke
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
Originally Posted by x(wai)x View Post
Yeah, we're not impatient at all, huh?
I've been spam refreshing my email like the same day they said the beta opt-in keys were going out.
07-28-08, 11:11 AM   #51
Nuchaleft
A Fallenroot Satyr

I hope I'm not too late, I uploaded my first in what will be a bunch of addons a couple of hours ago...
My addon was approved, Well I think it was, since its no longer "pending"

http://www.wowinterface.com/beta.php <- In a nutshell, gives me this error: "Sorry, only AddOn authors may apply for a beta key. We have detected that your account is not associated with any valid AddOns for this beta application. If you are a new author and have just uploaded your work you will need to wait until your AddOn is approved by one of our admins."

Last edited by Nuchaleft : 07-28-08 at 11:15 AM.
07-28-08, 12:37 PM   #52
Seerah
Fishing Trainer

WoWInterface Super Mod
Featured
Addons in the ROFL category are allowed on a case-by-case basis. When we look at any new mods in that category, we'll look at yours, too. And, if the batch has been sent out already today there will be another (though I'm not sure of when the next will go out).
"You'd be surprised how many people violate this simple principle every day of their lives and try to fit square pegs into round holes, ignoring the clear reality that Things Are As They Are." -Benjamin Hoff, The Tao of Pooh

07-28-08, 01:17 PM   #53
MattCairns
A Fallenroot Satyr

Originally Posted by Icecoldcoke View Post
I've been spam refreshing my email like the same day they said the beta opt-in keys were going out.
I highly doubt Blizzard would send the keys the same day the batch was sent to them. If anything, it will be "soon". I sure hope not though!
07-28-08, 01:28 PM   #54
Neuro
A Theradrim Guardian

Originally Posted by MattCairns View Post
I highly doubt Blizzard would send the keys the same day the batch was sent to them. If anything, it will be "soon". I sure hope not though!
While I, too, doubt they will send them out today (or even tomorrow), that doesn't stop me HOPING they go out today =).
07-28-08, 02:22 PM   #55
hermit
A Defias Bandit
Hm, is it too late to switch the signup from european to us? ^^ Seems my european account was inactive over the 15th..

Otherwise I'll just jump through the hoops of getting it done through blizzard.
07-28-08, 02:32 PM   #56
Necrophob
A Defias Bandit
Hrmm submitted my beta opt in at 1:30 Monday. Think thats too late to make it into the first batch?
07-28-08, 02:52 PM   #57
Gello
A Molten Giant
Total speculation, but from this blue post http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...02577367&sid=1
These promotional codes will apply only to the Wrath of the Lich King beta. The latest date to register the codes for the current round of beta invitations is Friday, August 1. Codes registered after this date will not be eligible for beta entry until a later date, so we encourage everyone to register early and be part of the vanguard into Northrend.
I'm going to ease up on the F5 button until Friday.
07-28-08, 02:55 PM   #58
VisaerisMaeloch
Banned
So glad I saw this. A lot of the work I do on addons is compatibility and bug fixing for my friends and myself, but I've been doing some work on my own stuff and this prompted me to start prepping 'em for publicly distribution.

This has definitely encouraged me to get into the community and start participating. I'm looking forward to participating.

Thanks for the opportunity guys... Hope I made the first batch

Last edited by VisaerisMaeloch : 07-28-08 at 02:58 PM.
07-28-08, 04:01 PM   #59
Equitoen
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What a clever way of convincing some authors to release their AddOns I know it convinced me
07-28-08, 05:18 PM   #60
Cairenn
Credendo Vides

Premium Member
WoWInterface Admin
Okay guys, I've sent in the first batch of names. If your ticket is: US 000001 - 000475 or EU 000013 - 000474, your information has been sent to Blizzard. Hopefully you will see your key within the week, but neither we nor Blizzard are making any promises on that count.

We are continuing to collect names and will be sending in a batch to Blizzard once a week hereafter. If you haven't signed up yet or didn't sign up in time for today's list you don't have to worry, you still have time to do so. Sign up here.

Also, don't forget about our Addons Gone Crazy contest. You have until 8 August 2008 to submit your funny, silly addon.

Last edited by Cairenn : 07-28-08 at 05:26 PM.

WoWInterface » Site Forums » News » Massive Mod Author Wrath of the Lich King Beta Key Give-Away