06-06-08, 11:33 PM   #1
Bovinicusrex
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
Quest helper text covers minimap

Hi all, I just installed the mod and since I was using questhelper before I triesd it with MazzleUI, however the text covers the minimap, and I can't seem to move it. I know it should work, as I have seen screenshots of it in use with mazzle, so how do I move it?
06-06-08, 11:44 PM   #2
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

http://www.wowinterface.com/forums/s...lper+text+move
06-07-08, 09:14 PM   #3
Bovinicusrex
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
not working even after trying the things suggested in that other post.
06-07-08, 09:39 PM   #4
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Questhelper isn't in Mazzle, so I don't know what else to tell ya except try looking in questhelper's help forums. Maybe you'll have some luck here getting a fix, but I've never seen mention of questhelper in Mazzle forums.
06-08-08, 05:40 AM   #5
Dissident
An Aku'mai Servant
Originally Posted by Bovinicusrex View Post
Hi all, I just installed the mod and since I was using questhelper before I triesd it with MazzleUI, however the text covers the minimap, and I can't seem to move it. I know it should work, as I have seen screenshots of it in use with mazzle, so how do I move it?
Questhelper will by default attach itself to the minimap. In the case of this UI, the minimap is set to the bottom center of the screen. The white dot to move teh quest tracker is hidden because of this.

Solution: Move the minimap up tot he middle of your screen. You can then hover over the quest tracker and the white dot will appear. You can then move the tracker and put your minimap back to where it was.

I use questhelper on all my alts and this is how I solved the same problem you have.
06-08-08, 12:38 PM   #6
Bovinicusrex
A Deviate Faerie Dragon
What did you use to move the minimap? I tried simpleminimap, but it just moved the frame around the map, leaving the actual map, and the QH text where it was.
06-08-08, 03:17 PM   #7
Smirge
A Flamescale Wyrmkin
or simply use the command /qh track to disable the tracking

/Smirge
06-08-08, 03:41 PM   #8
Eas
A Rage Talon Dragon Guard

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by Smirge View Post
or simply use the command /qh track to disable the tracking

/Smirge
maybe he wants the tracking?
06-08-08, 05:30 PM   #9
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Maybe you could try the minimap suggestion by disabling all add ons except questhelper, relocate it, then enable the other add ons again... I don't know the anchoring properties of questhelper, but it seems like this should work.
06-09-08, 03:56 AM   #10
robernette
A Murloc Raider

Answer

You only have to put /qh and enter the menu, there you disable the tracker. Problem solved.

Originally Posted by Yhor View Post
Maybe you could try the minimap suggestion by disabling all add ons except questhelper, relocate it, then enable the other add ons again... I don't know the anchoring properties of questhelper, but it seems like this should work.
06-09-08, 10:35 AM   #11
taztu
A Kobold Labourer
I worked through this same problem over the weekend. My solution was to install visor2 and visor2gui and move the minimap up to the center of the screen. This allowed me to move the tracker and intended, and then I moved the minimap back with visor2gui.

Sounds complicated but it only takes 30 seconds.
06-09-08, 01:17 PM   #12
Yhor
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by robernette View Post
You only have to put /qh and enter the menu, there you disable the tracker. Problem solved.
It had been said that he wants tracking enabled.

WoWInterface » AddOns, Compilations, Macros » AddOn Help/Support » Quest helper text covers minimap