10-30-11, 05:22 PM   #1
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

Camera Adjustion problems

For some reason, my camera keeps adjusting to face a certain angle (South, or North), no matter what the settings are at. I even turned everything off on camera settings and it still does this. It is pissing me off beyond anything, since it has been going on for a few months now. The worst part is, my g700 is having double click issues and I don't know how to fix it.

Any ingame script commands or suggestions to fix this annoying huge bug?

It seems to be locking into the direction I was last facing before combat ended.

Last edited by litesung : 10-30-11 at 05:24 PM.
10-30-11, 05:34 PM   #2
Nibelheim
local roygbi-

AddOn Author - Click to view addons
Originally Posted by litesung View Post
For some reason, my camera keeps adjusting to face a certain angle (South, or North), no matter what the settings are at. I even turned everything off on camera settings and it still does this. It is pissing me off beyond anything, since it has been going on for a few months now. The worst part is, my g700 is having double click issues and I don't know how to fix it.

It seems to be locking into the direction I was last facing before combat ended.
How frequently does this occur? Does it happen with no addons? Does it happen with a different mouse?
10-30-11, 05:46 PM   #3
litesung
A Flamescale Wyrmkin

It happens occasionally, every other day. I experience it typically 4-5 days a week out of 7 days of playing.

It occurs with other mice.

(The g700 double click issue seems to be common among other g700 mice, so I might consider purchasing a new one to replace it It's been a year since I purchased the g700... Naga Epic..?)
10-31-11, 01:10 AM   #4
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

This happens randomly and is a glitch with the click-to-move system. Just right-click on a random spot on the ground and it should fix itself.
11-04-11, 04:43 PM   #5
Verttex
Super Monkey

Originally Posted by litesung View Post

Originally Posted by SDPhantom View Post
This happens randomly and is a glitch with the click-to-move system. Just right-click on a random spot on the ground and it should fix itself.
He might not be using the click-to-move system.
A wise GM once told me, "Nothing else to do? Reinstall the game."
11-05-11, 03:14 PM   #6
SDPhantom
A Pyroguard Emberseer

Originally Posted by Verttex View Post
He might not be using the click-to-move system.
A wise GM once told me, "Nothing else to do? Reinstall the game."
It's an issue directly linked to the click-to-move system. I know because I've had it happen to me and discovered the solution myself. There's no way an addon would have the same level of camera control. Mainly because an addon can no longer detect which direction the camera is facing and an addon can only make the camera move in a direction for X amount of time, there is no API for making it face a specific heading.

When the glitch happens, it's because the click-to-move gets stuck on telling the camera it's still moving in a specific direction (even when you're not moving anymore), usually when right-clicking in quick succession while already moving to a spot. The symptom only appears when you have the camera centering set to something with the "horizontal while moving" option (this includes the regular "while moving" option). Right-clicking in a different spot makes the click-to-move system overwrite the corrupted value with a fresh one.

Last edited by SDPhantom : 11-05-11 at 03:23 PM.

WoWInterface » General Discussion » General WoW Chat » Camera Adjustion problems